Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:31 am

Good morning,

40* here this morning, going to 48* with some showers. But then we're headed into a streak of warmer spring weather. Hooray!!

Yesterday we worked together all day long and got Amara's 20-pg book done. It turned out so super cute! Really, it's just scrapbooking with the computer. We submitted it to Shutterfly and it should be back to us by March 26th at the latest. We had Amara's sent directly to her. I got a copy for Lara, Alec, & Drew as well as for us. We think we'll do this for every long visit we make so she keeps us in her mind. Also, for my sister and dbil for their Christmas gift we think we'll do our trip to Alaska on the ferry in August. .It makes such a nice gift!

Today is going to be all about cleaning. I'm going to do the living/dining room, bathroom, and sewing room today. Then the house will be clean enough for who it's for and I can start playing again! Though, with the weather turning nice by the end of the week, there's a TON of yard work to be done. They don't call it yard play for a reason. Sigh. Does it ever end?

CAROL - Guess yesterday was pizza day for us! You are getting good at your quilting. I should try harder with my freehand or panto designs, but quilting a project isn't much fun for me. I'm all about the piecing. So I usually just do a meander. For special quilts, I have my quilter man but as soon as he spent $3,000 on the equipment, he kind of lost interest so he's not anxious to do my "lesser" quilts. Do not ask me how I feel about this because I will tell you.

TINA - that is a sweet quilt. Love the way you finished it off with the borders. Yes, Amara's book is going directly to her. It will arrive about a week before her birthday. I would have liked to have included it in the birthday box we are sending but I was afraid if I waited for it, it might arrive too late.

BECCA - sounds like the birthday party was fun for everyone! How old are they now? 7? It's hard to keep track of everyone in your family. You will have a nice visit at Denise's. I'm sure you will be eating well!

LORI - I don't like wind either. Maybe if I didn't live under a giant dying tree . . . I wanted to make chicken with pasta, too, but we're having Tex & Annette for supper on Thursday and I was thinking of doing that then. Maybe chicken cacciatore. So I have to come up with something else for tonite,

And I think that something else will be pork chops. I'll brown them and simmer them in a creamy mushroom sauce. With mashed potatoes and salad. I'm in a mood to cook and clean. Don't quite know what's come over me. I should probably lie down.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 11th

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:41 am

Hello to all Had a busy day Gym first then aerobics then banking and I had to go to bank Have to go back tomorrow Then a tad of shopping Then back here & someone was inmy reserved place so I had to take care of that matter
Then did some laps and had to call 2 Dr offices to straighten out their mistakes
Now I also made my lunch which is requiring me spending more time & effort on them due to following Drs orders
I choose fish salad & limas
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:44 am

Hi everyone!
I was here earlier but then remembered I needed to get meat in 2 crockpots so I've been doing that, then lunch.
Lori, I just made it for in case we need a comfort quilt or if someone here in town needs one, I made these 2 from my stash and they were just 5" charms I had laying in a drawer for years and very kid friendly.
Mary, they will all love your book ❤️
Carol, I watched 1 of the videos last night, I love it! Thank you so much for letting us know about them! I'm itching to try a few out!
Becca, family and good food, it's great to be you my friend 🧡
We were outside most of the day yesterday, I even have a little sunburn on my head because I forgot to put my hat on. I do that every year. 🤦‍♀️ But my iris are all divided and replanted now and they look so much nicer. There's a lot of Spring cleanup yard work to do out there..... we'll get it done. Things are starting to get leaves, my rosebushes have little tiny leaves on them. I watered everything and now have my sprinkler system turned on, the grass is already turning green! Frankie had to mow the back yard already LOL
I had a really big pork tenderloin so I put about half in a crockpot for bbq pulled pork for tonight and the other half in a crockpot with extra hot red chile sauce to make tamales out of.... probably tomorrow or Wednesday but the meat will be done and shredded tonight.
I'm also making coleslaw to go with the pulled pork sandwiches tonight.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:06 pm

Tina - Glad you liked the videos! The good news is that you can watch them again too!

Lori - Hope you liked the videos.

Becca - Not nice when someone takes your parking space away! Hope you got everything straightened out.

Maryz - Glad you got Amara's scrapbook all done yesterday. Sounds like a lot of work.
We will have nicer weather by the end of the week too and we too have a ton of yard work to do.

I didn't get up until 7:00 AM and have been playing with the quilt I will be making for the Stay-at-Home Round Robin in our Guild. The first block is to remind us of our travels. I found an applique block of a poppy I had and am using that as the first. The second month the selection is any star block and any variation of a nine patch. I am making an Ohio Star and several Road to California blocks. Last night I was busy choosing blocks. Since I am a co-Chair on this SAHRR I can plan my own and fit in the blocks suggested.

Tonight, the plan is to have Pasta and Sauce. I need to go to grocery store this afternoon, but first go to the gym.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:04 pm

Mary, those books are great gifts. They do take a lot of time though. I used to make scrapbook booklets to share photos of events or outings with people.

Tina, we mow all year round. There's maybe a few weeks we don't due to rain.

Carol, I was on FB and saw a picture of you from your quilt show.

I worked on a quilt that my friendship group is making to raffle off. We'll donate the money to our guild. We're going to request it be spent on a specific speaker/teacher. It will raise $2,500 so we can get somebody good. We're thinking David Owen Hastings. It's a really cute Christmas quilt.

Dinner was nachos.

Sleep well.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:22 pm

Lori - Yes, that is me in the blue apron. Not the best expression.

Return to “Chit Chat”