Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:03 am

Good morning,

We're having quite a bit of wind here - gusts up to 33mph. I love living in the tall woods - until strong winds blow. That giant tree of the neighbor's still leans over the house. Where I'm sitting at this moment to be exact. Fingers crossed . . .

I never made it here yesterday. Sorry. I got busy and simply forgot. But looks like no one else did either. Maybe we should just suspend SC and all meet up in the Sew In instead?

We finished quilting and binding Fab Farm. Just need to add a label and we can mail it off for Amara's birthday which is 4 weeks from today. Hard to believe she'll be a year. Still hard for us to believe she even exists! I also went into my Fibber McGee Closet and sorted, organized, pitched. Decided I didn't need service for 24 of my Christmas dishes, glasses, goblets, etc. I've got 6 boxes of things to donate and more room to store more quilts now! How cool is that!

We had small baked potatoes with chili over them last night. Tonite we're going to have homemade pepperoni pizza. I use Hormel turkey pepperoni. I'll toss a salad, too.

What are you having?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 10th

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:18 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - We made pizza yesterday. DH made a Pepperoni Pizza with Hormel Pepperoni. I made a Vegetable Pizza. We both enjoyed our pizza. I used the recipe on the back of the Pizza Yeast package. It is very easy to make.

Your story about waking early made me laugh this morning. I forgot to set the clock ahead last night. Today is the day for my bone pill so I feel I am running behind.

My goal today is to finish cutting the scraps of fabric on the cutting table, so it is cleared. I want to do some quilting. I have been watching Handi-Quilter quilting videos on YouTube. They are really wonderful as good as taking a class however I need to practice.

Carol

Dinner tonight will be Garden Vegetable Soup and leftover Pizza.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:32 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, that's a lot of dishes! You must have a huge closet!
I came here a couple times yesterday but I didn't have a plan for supper until an hour before and then just had Frankie do burgers on the grill and we finished off the salad.
Will you be sending the book straight to Amara from Shutterfly? Will it be a birthday gift too?
Carol, Dad called and woke me up was the only reason I got up on time LOL he thought it was funny......I was sound asleep. I'm going to check out those videos 😊
I'm not sure what supper will be yet, I need to consult the freezer.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 am

Here's the other little top, I finished it yesterday, it's all flannel.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:24 am

Tina - Nice looking quilt! Do check out the "Gridwork Designs" by HQ Watch and Learn. You will get lots of ideas how to quilt it!

I did catch up from oversleeping, but am still amazed I didn't change the clocks last night. (Your Dad is funny.)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:12 pm

Hello everyone sunny here today but strong wind It was ingusts when I got out of Church I had to stand & wait until they ended before I could go It’s supposed to be the same tomorrow
I went to Gabe & Anniston’s Birthday There was probably 40 at least Tons of food Kids had a blast jumping on those big inflatable toys in yard They don’t mind wind lol
Denise is getting me 22 thru 25 Then Marty will come inApril She has Courtney and her family coming too for my Birthday
Maryz That was a lot of dishes to wash One good reason to weed out
Tina That is a cute quilt I love the colors
Dad does have a funny to everyone but you sense of humor
I ate at party of course
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Tina that's a cute quilt. Who gets this one.

Mary, Very that's a lot of dishes. I need to thin out my dishes as well.

Carol, Glad you're finding ways to quilt quilts. I'll have to check out that website.

Becca, Sounds like you had a fun time. You and Mary can keep the wind I don't like the wind at all.

I think I'll grill some chicken and make some pasta to go with it for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”