Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Marh 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Marh 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:07 am

Good morning,

It was a REALLY early morning for me today. Even the fur folk were confused. Sometimes my mind wakes up before the rest of me. Sigh. Today is my nephew's birthday - the one who committed suicide on New Year's Day. I'll be talking to my brother as I know how hard this day will be for him.

Bill has Fab Farm halfway quilted. He might finish it today. If not, then tomorrow. Yay! We have no more tops waiting for quilting so we'll put the machine and frame to bed for a while, cover it with sheets. My yesterday was massage appt, grocery shopping, and cutting out about 100 3-5/8" squares of fabric for hexies. Today will be laundry, uglies, and then meeting some friends for "lupper" at the Mexican restaurant downtown. I would love to start one of my Christmas quilts, but I'm trying to force myself to get some chores done around here first.

BECCA - you did have a busy few days. You were missed! When are you going to Denise's?

TINA - I wish your legs would simmer down! I'm sure your lymphedema is complicating things for you. I've had your chili rellenos. Yum! Lucky Dad!

LORI - orange chicken & rice sounds delicious, but so does tamales! Do you make the tamales yourself or buy them?

Not sure what we'll be having for our supper tonite. Something Mexicany. Maybe a taco salad? I'm going to bet Bill orders F--- Tacos.

What sounds good to you tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Marh 8th

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:22 am

Good Morning,

I don't think I have made much progress on anything in my sewing room but have a few projects that still need some work on them. I watched a video on the Handi-Quilter YouTube channel on machine quilting an Alaska quilt. I haven't made the quilt, but it does look charming. The process of deciding on the quilting was very interesting.

Maryz - Your day sounded busy yesterday. I sewed for a while, did a load of laundry, went to the gym, then a trip to Costco and Target and home. I talked to my brother yesterday. We had a nice conversation remembering our Dad. He was quite the mechanic. My brother shared how he had come home one time to find our Dad had repaired a motor that wasn't working. My brother was really impressed.

Today will be cleaning bathrooms, changing the bed, laundry, gym and sewing. I am trying to get to the gym more often and have succeeded this week. Dinner hmm, it is Friday of lent. Maybe I will make pizza. We have Garden Vegetable Soup. I will decide later.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:46 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I think Bill is quilting faster because he adores the recipient ❤️
I hope you're brother is ok, that has got to be so hard on his heart 💔 🙏
I've never had f--h tacos but I think I'll pass on trying them too 🥴
My brain wakes me up sometimes too and it will not be quiet no matter how many times I tell it too.
Carol, figuring out how to quilt a quilt is a huge problem for me. Maybe I should watch that video?
We'll be having leftover chile rellenos for supper, they fit the bill for no meat which even though I'm not Catholic but Frankie is I still try to do.....I do forget now and then
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:35 pm

Hello everyone I have been busy Water aerobics gym work Go pick up med Dr told me to get Its a strong Vit prescription
I had problems with blood work I know it’s my eating here so I’m going to start making for my lunch what I am to have
More green leafy vegetables which I ate at home every day Hemoglobin low need more protein I don’t get it here
Citrus cottage cheese or yogurt
So I went shopping
Also low electrolytes cholesterol great
Pre Diabetic and I don’t eat sweets
Enough of that garbage
Birthday party Sunday for Oldest twins
I am waiting on Marty to give me his date for visiting before I tell Denise Time
Maryz Sure your quilt will be adorable
Tina I’m sure your Dad enjoys eating with you
Carol Going to the gym pays off
I choose cole slaw baked sweet potato It was sweet n sour Chicken but it didn’t taste like it There’s never any meat I like Sorry I complain
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:55 pm

Carol, deciding how to quilt the quilt is usually the hardest part for me. Sometimes I have a quilt I don't know what to do with, then the idea pops and my head out of nowhere.

Mary, no I don't make the tamales. We buy them at a Mexican restaurant in a neighboring city. Glad Bill is getting the Fab Farm done.

Tina, Bill has banned tacos all the time. I think it sounds disgusting. I've never tried them either.

Becca, hope you can get into a healthy eating pattern. It hard to be consistant.

I finished up my shamrock wall hanging this morning. I'll post a picture in a bit. I bought a wheelchair for my dad. He has such a hard time walking and doesn't get out much. So I thought we could take him on walks with us. I reorganized a few things in his kitchen. He had so much stuff in the oven you couldn't use it without finding a place to sit everything. I think I found someone to come over and be with him a few times a week. We'll see how it works out.

Dinner will be grilled chicken and potatoes.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:20 pm

This made me laugh.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”