Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:52 am

Good morning!

Today is Amara's 11 month birthday. We have her birthday Fab Farm quilt on the frame and Bill will start quilting it this morning using a Hearts Meander quilting pattern. We went shopping yesterday and got her a Fisher Price travel trailer play set plus some little outfits. And like we did with the other grands, we'll also send a contribution to her education fund. I have a massage appt today and David (my massage therapist) is bringing me an old quilt he found and has asked me to make doll quilts out of it. I'm happy to do it for him. But if I know David he'll insist on giving me a free massage for my trouble. He's done it before many times. I tell him no as he already gives me the friends and family discount but that is how he is - always doing for others. As for sewing, I'll be cutting some squares for my hexie project that Judi has gotten me interested in again after it's sat for many years. I realized last night that when I cut squares way back when, I cut many them too small, so I'll be cutting more today. I'm using 30's fabrics.

TINA - the backing for Amara's quilt is cream background with little forest animals - foxes, hedgehogs, otters, fawns, etc. Not farm animals but Mama will love the backing. Hoping Bill will make quick work of this quilt (75x77), so I can bind it and we can get everything boxed up and in the mail. Sorry about your shakey legs. Does dr say anything to help? I've heard of Covid fog but never Covid shakey legs. But then most people haven't heard of hiccups as a Covid symptom either, but they are. Bill had them for 3 days solid and they are listed on the CDC website. Your little quilts are cute. And purrfect projects for short spurts of sewing. It will be good to have a few in your Comfort quilt stash. I get APQ magazine. What is the quilt along project you are doing? I think I might have given the mag away.

LORI - my mom was a big reader, too, and we found lots of books at her house - full boxes of them under her bed. My niece happily took most of them. Mom had restless leg syndrome along with fibromyalgia back when they were both just starting to be recognized as actually diseases. She spent many nights awake, reading to take her mind off her pain and bouncing legs. Plus, besides being a nurse, she was my high school librarian so books were kind of her thing.

Bill was happy with tacos last night, but tonite he's requested fried hamburger/onions/macaroni. I was going to make it once while in Texas but never got around to it and he said he's had his mouth set for it ever since. Both our moms used to make it when we were kids. It's a comfort dish, I guess. So that's the plan here. What about at your house?

And good news! I just heard the quilting machine start up! Yay!!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 7th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:32 pm

Hi all 😊
I was here this morning but then I went and sewed.
Mary, the backing sounds so cute! I say your box of birthday gifts is a birthday in a box 🎁 how fun!
The tremors are all over but my legs get where they feel like they'll collapse is why that part bothers me.....I think my lemphodema and the tremors don't like each other. It just take time I guess.... it's aggravating and frustrating but I'm trying to work around it. I do drink a ton of water and try to drink a glass of tea or something different once a day.... not anything sugary though.
Yay for Bill already starting! Hopefully he'll have it ready in just a couple days.
I'm making chile rellenos for supper, we have salad too. Dad will be very happy.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:30 pm

Hello everyone It’s been a whirlwind here last 2 days Yesterday was the kids from Boys N Girls Club Then today I hadWalmart
Shopping then haircut then Keith FaceTime
Then I went across street to mall for few items
I hope I got a lot accomplished
Maryz Your massage sounds great Nice he is so nice to work with Im sure your Birthday Box will be a hit
Tina CA had restless leg syndrome too It’s no fun
Do hope your other symptoms go away soon
I had a grilled cheese and cottage cheese
I ordered broccoli n cauliflower but couldn’t eat it
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:37 pm

Tina, that stinks. Fear of falling is scary the older you get. You never know what could happen. Glad you are cautious.

Mary, a massage sounds wonderful. I need to schedule one. Yay for 11 months old already. Time just flies by. I know she will love anything you send her. Glad Bill is working on the Fab Farm.

Becca, what do the Boys and Girls club do? Are there programs for them?

I took my dad for a shave and hair cut this morning. Then I layered a few quilts when I got home. I have the shamrock quilt quilted. Just need to put the binding on. That will be later. I have orange chicken and rice cooking for my dad. When it's done I'll run that up the street. Then come back and make Spanish rice and tamales for us.

Have a lovely evening. Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”