Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:57 am

Good morning,

We are 29* this morning. Brrrr!! But the tradeoff is we might get a few hours of sunshine this afternoon and 44*. Though I don't plan to be outside today except for chiro appt and a couple short errands.

Today, hopefully, Fab Farm goes onto the quilting frame. This will be Bill's project. But he is slow so we're looking at at least a week, maybe more, before this quilt is ready for binding. It's 76x90". In the meantime, I'll finish cleaning my sewing room, pull fabrics for my first Christmas quilt, and maybe do some house cleaning.

TINA - what does the doctor say about your shakey legs? What causes them? Maybe you need an adjustable height stool on wheels that I see many mechanics use. But everyone is right - rest and hydrate. What little top are you working on?

BECCA - I think it's wonderful that your kids are having to figure out how to share you!! They love you!

LORI - your dad's house sounds like a real project. But if you are like me, being in an overcrowded house gives me inspiration to go home and de-clutter my own!

CAROL - you've been a busy lady! Many people are going to be benefitting from your efforts!

We are having tacos tonite. It's Taco Wednesday here! Somehow we missed Tuesday. :lol:

What's going on your plate tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 6th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:12 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, what pattern is Bill quilting Fab Farm, what backing did you get?
Our temps are in the 60's to low 70's, perfect for me. You already have lilac bushes ready to pop?! Ours stay dormant for about another month I think because we're still dipping into 30's at night. I love the way they smell 😍 my hyacinths are blooming, daffodils are just the stems but soon....
My shakiness is from when I had covid, I don't like it at all. I also have the brain fog and that drives me crazy.
Here's the little top I was working on, I just had some random charms so I ended up with a 50x50" top. I'm working on some flannel charms now doing a little top too..... they may go to Quilts for Kids.
Are any of you doing the QAL from the American Patchwork & Quilting magazine? I'm going to pick my fabrics today, I'm going to use FQ's for the fabrics and my WOW I have on hand.....I'll be using my stash for it so it won't cost me anything at the moment. It's really pretty and there's a Facebook page and they're posting their progress.
Supper tonight might be Subway, we haven't had one in ages and they are having BOGOF.
Tina

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 6th

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:18 am

Mary, you are so right about the clutter. My mom had lots of things. Figurines, paintings, sculptures, book, and more. Plus the cabinet are just filled with stuff. She would never give away a book.
She wanted to keep them all and she read daily.

Tina, that's a cute easy pattern. You should have it done in no time.

Well my day yesterday didn't go as I thought. I was sitting at the computer and it was quite dusty. So I ended up dusting and vacuuming the entire house, along with a few other cleaning chores. My dad house cleaners are coming today, so I need to make sure everything is put away.

Jack took me for my walk, and he is resting now. I need to hop in the shower and get ready for my day.
I was able to mark my little quilts. So they are ready to go when I get time to sit at the machine.

Tacos sound good, so that's what we'll have as well.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”