Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:16 am

Good morning,

We're 35* this morning and it's wet outside, though not currently raining or snowing. By the end of the week it should be sunny and lower 50's! Yay! 8-)

Yesterday we finally got the three kids' quilts into the mail to Autumn. Whew! Glad that commitment is done and out of the house. We'll get started quilting Amara's Fab Farm quilt tomorrow. After that I'll be out of tops to quilt. We visited Susie yesterday afternoon, planning to meet her hubby, Doyle there, too. We took a little St. Patrick themed mini happy hour - cheese and crackers and a bottle of chardonnay. It was a treat for us all, but especially for them. She will be in rehab for another 4-6 weeks so she can get the intensive PT and OT that she needs.

Today's plan - Finish cleaning my sewing room. This afternoon Bill has appt with his eye dr prior to cataract surgery which is set for April 3. I'm going to go with him. We're also going to drag our big heavy room-size wool rug out the sliding glass door to the deck. We store it under the dining room table in the winter. But it "creeps" and kind of wrinkles over time and I'm tired of tripping on it. It's too early to bring out deck furniture cushions, but in a few more weeks we'll be setting up for outdoor living. Yay!

BECCA - I'm glad you're going to visit Denise for a week. I know she loves having you. And your walks outside must be so refreshing now that the weather is improving.

LORI - Glad to hear good reviews on the Sew EZ table. We visited Sue while in Texas and she said the same thing about hers. She also used hers in her trailer. I'm not sure when I'll get to try it out though. We just cancelled our camping plans for next week due to cold/wet weather. Our next rezzie is third week of April, but that will be only 4 days after Bill's second cataract surgery. Not sure yet of activity level allowed that soon post-op.

CAROL - you haven't been at the table for a while. I hope all is well and you are just too busy sewing and eating fine suppers!

Bill is still raving about the SW chicken, veggie, & white bean soup I made on Sunday and wants the last of it tonite. Ok by me, but it's down to more broth than beans and chicken so I might have to add a little to it. I'll toss a quick salad, too.

What ideas do you have for tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 5th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:47 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Yes, I have been busy. I have made two small quilt tops and eight placemats. The quilt tops will be donated as just the tops to our Guild's Community Service. The placemats will need to be quilted and finished before being donated. I found some fabric to be made into pillowcases. One is almost finished then for the other two I made a miscut on the cuff fabric. I am going out to lunch today and will stop at Jo-Ann's for white Kona Cotton.

Tina - Hope you are feeling better. Becca is right you need rest if you have the shakes. Sit down and drink some water.

Becca - Sounds great to go visit Denise for a week. You will be treated like a queen for your birthday.

Today I am meeting a friend for lunch. Dinner will be a bowl of Garden Vegetable Soup. I need to get some salad makings today.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:56 am

Mary, doesn't it seem like cleaning the sewing room is a never ending project? Sounds like your impromptu happy hour was nice.

Carol, I bought a book on QIAD for placemats and tea towels. It should get here today. I like little projects that can be finished quickly.

I need to organize stuff. My dads house is full of stuff. He has so many pots and pans that you have to remove a bunch of stuff from the oven before you can use it. My mom was a bit of a hoarder, but a neat one. I do want to get a few small wall hangings quilted today. We'll see if that happens.

Dinner will be something, but I'm not sure what yet. I saw someone was having tacos in the sew in. That kind of sounds good.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 am

Hello everyone sunny & another beautiful day Next 2 weeks should be great Got walk in early
Carol Good to see you & know alls well just busy like always doing for others That’s great
Maryz My walks are wonderful outside I was born to be outside I think even if it really messes up my allergies I just live with it
Marty called last night and his visit is going to have to be coordinated with Denise’s visit
Lori Anyone with any age has too much stuff Unless you have to weed out & donate like I did My friend and I was talking a couple days ago about all we gave away I told her the only way to console yourself is think of it all A’s stuff and we can’t take it with us
I know it’s tough dealing with aging parents I try my best to never give any trouble or be a pain for mine
Tonight is Church Voting is held there today so we have finger food and sandwiches tonight
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:18 am

Good morning all 🌞
I'm passing through quickly, I didn't make it yesterday because I was sewing, then I had a headache so was kinda out of it. I really hate to say when things go wrong so I try to just say "I'm fine" I am trying to finish this little top I'm working on and I need to find some papers that Frankie wants.
Supper will be tacos here, Dad said I finally hit Tasco Tuesday on Tuesday 😂🤣😂🤣
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”