Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:01 am

Good morning!

We are 34* this morning but the good news is that there's no rain. Or snow! We're in for several days of dry and warming temps - if you can call 40's warm.

Yesterday I didn't get a whole lot done. That's OK. It leaves me with lots of choices for today! Plus we need to go out, run a couple errands, and visit Susie. And I have a bit of a mess going on in my sewing room so I need to do some cleaning in there. Then I can pull the rest of the fabrics for my Scaredy Cat Christmas. I might make two of those - one for my older sister, Tina, and one for Lara.

TINA - your little mopping robot is a new thing to me. I never heard of that before - just the vac-bot. We just don't have enough bare floors to warrant getting a gadget to do it. Autumn was always in Drama club all through school so I got to go on field trips with her group and see plays, too. We also saw Phantom and Cats. The 'cats' actually came out into the audience and engaged people individually with staring contests.

BECCA - glad you are getting out again for your walks. Your weather must be improving. Did you decide if you are going to Denise's for your birthday? How long will you stay?

LORI - Oh, I hope there's nothing going on with your Bill that a few days of rest won't fix. I don't usually do my hair either until after I walk. I's naturally curly so I just use scrunchy gel and let it dry on its own which takes about 2 hours. Then I fluff with my fingers. But that day I had an appt as soon as I got back from my walk so no time for shower/hair afterwards. And yes, I did get a Sew-EZ table. I think it's going to work great for the trailer. (In the house I have a big farm table for my regular sewing table that Bill cut a well into for my machine. It looks just like the one in El's video on the Q website.) My only problem with the Sew-EZ table is figuring out where to put it in the trailer. The trailer is only 29 feet. Bill thinks he will modify the dining table. We've talked about doing that anyway as we don't use it much for anything except sewing.

My soup yesterday was really good - SW chicken and bean. Bill ate two full bowls. I used great northern beans. Plus I also added celery, carrots, onion, peppers, garlic and chilies. And we have plenty more for tonite.

What's on your menu?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 4th

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:00 am

Hello everyone 68 sunny & beautiful I got my walk in Next 2 wks is to be in 60s Spring like
Maryz I usually stay a week at Denise’s I’m goin to go I love my outside walks much better than the halls
I watched my team on Saturday They won
I did aerobics and our teacher is back from surgery I loved our sub so much better Give you a better workout
Also did gym work
I choose grilled chicken again it’s pasta night and I don’t like it
Becca

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 4th

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:43 pm

Becca, maybe you could mention ways the teacher could improve. Is there a suggestion box?

Mary, brrr. We are down in the 40's in the morning again. Quite unusual for this time of year. It only got to 64 today, but it was mostly sunny so I'll take it. Rain is suppose to return Wednesday. The table is really great. Easy up and down if you need to put it away.

I took Jack for a recheck on his ear. Still a little crud, so they put some more meds in and will check it again next week.

We had breakfast for dinner. Ham scramble with jalapenos and cheese, fried potatoes and toast. It was very yummy.

Sleep well
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”