Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:56 am

Good morning,

Today is my LDH#2's birthday. He would be 80 today! Yikes! Hard to picture that young, funny, good looking guy with dark curly hair and dancing eyes as 80 yrs old. Though I'm having a hard time picturing myself at 73, too. Which I'll be later this month. Time marches on. . .

The play last night was so good, and so much fun to see our local Supper Club friends again! One couple is very excited. Both their DD's are pregnant, both due in June, and one of them is expecting identical twins. All the babies are boys. The DD's live on opposite sides of the state in Seattle and Spokane, 300 miles apart, so these grandparents will be stretched pretty thin. But happily so!

Today isn't planned yet. I may fiddle around in my sewing room while Bill works on some of his repair projects in the trailer or we might go visit friend Susie in rehab, or shopping for Amara's birthday. I'll see what Mr. Bill wants to do.

TINA - So I'm guessing Dad didn't come over to partake of the dusting and mopping yesterday. :lol: Nice that Frankie helps. Bill will do anything I ask and sometimes he even offers, but for the most part, I'm the houskeeper and he's not. And I know he prefers it that way. :lol: Though, the laundry is right off the family room downstairs and if he happens to be down there watching a movie, and the dryer buzzes, he will fold and put the next load in if I have it already sorted.

BECCA - that sounds like a lot of fun with the boys and girls. When is this event going to happen? And FIVE miles?! You are Iron Woman! Pork chops and applesauce - classic! Frankie's birthday is coming up soon! Are you sending a gift? And how is your baby quilt coming along?

LORI - the same thing happened on my walk last Wed. Just got out on the road and the wind kicked up and it started to rain. And I'd already showered and fixed my hair for an appointment that was happening right after my walk. We (my walking buddy is another Lori from across the road) went about two blocks and turned around. Ugh! Is your BB Shamrock hand stitching or machine? They have such cute patterns. Hope your DH is feeling better today. Yep - making Christmas quilts. Remember, we travel in winter so all my Christmas sewing has to be finished by October and who knows what other projects will pop up between now and then. Plus, I want these two quilts to be to my sisters in CO in time to put them out for the holidays because they are Christmas quilts, not just quilts they are getting for Christmas. I might also make one for Lara. All just throw quilts to toss over a couch.

I've been giving our supper some thought as I type - It's been so cold here I think a hearty soup is in order and I think it's going to be bean. Maybe a white bean soup. Or possibly Southwest Black Bean. I need to go inventory my bean selection and supply of other ingredients. And add a sliced kielbasa to the soup. I'll also make a salad. And toast if Bill wants, but he'll probably decline that.

What's your plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 3rd

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:31 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I'm so glad the play was all that! It really sounds fun. When my kids were in school I got to go to a bunch as a chaperone, Kevin still talks about Phantom of the Opera. I like musicals the best though and used to watch musical movies all the time, Jazmyne loves to watch them too.
Nope Dad passed on helping LOL but I have a little irobot mop and it mopped for me yesterday and did a fine job. I vacuumed first and had to take many many breaks because of the shakes but I got it done. I didn't even have to ask Frankie to dust, I had started vacuuming and when I reached the living room he was already dusting.....surprised me.
I've been in my sewing room sewing a little, ironing a little and have some blocks on my design wall, I had to take a feet up rest now though.
I'm thinking spaghetti for supper and we have salad. I was thinking beans but then someone mentioned spaghetti in sewin and now I want that LOL
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:56 am

Hello everyone sunny here & Spring like beautiful I just got back from Church and had a shake Slimfast
Maryz I will give my gift to Denise for Frankie They are going up
Wednesday is the day the kids come
I have halted on baby quilt since I had whatever it was and haven’t got back I also felt it was getting next to me so I laid it aside I have him a gift if he ever gets it

Tina When you get the shakes your body is telling you sit or lay down and let it recover Glad Frankie is there to help
Don’t overdo Grama is speaking lol but it’s true
I choose grilled chicken and broccoli and apple sauce
Becca
I’m going to the green way to walk

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:02 pm

Thank you Grama Becca ❤️
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:57 pm

We had a rainy morning, but it let up about 1030, so we loaded up the boys and went to the park. I'm putting the last border on my shamrock quilt. I sewed on 2 sides and don't like the color, so I'm taking it off and going with a different fabric. I should have checked it before sewing.

Becca, I'm ready for some spring weather.

Tina, nice that Frankie helps out. Bill has actually been helping with the vacuuming lately.

Mary, I don't do my hair until after my walk. Any little bit of moisture in the air, and it does its own thing. I read a few days ago that you got a sew ezi table. I have 2. I use them as my everyday sewing table. I've had them about12 years and love them. I take them on retreats too. They are the perfect height. No Bill isn't feeling better. He's got some tests lined up this week to figure out what's going on.

Dinner will be whatever again.

Have a good evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”