Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:56 am

Good morning,

It's not raining! Yay for no rain! I wouldn't say we are flooded but we have a lot of standing water around the property. It will go away in a few days but for now, we could go boating on the downside of the back lawn!

I didn't get a lot accomplished yesterday - just sort of an odds'n'ends kind of day. But I am thinking about the two Christmas quilts I want to make and did pull out my Christmas reds. I have my Christmas fabrics stored in small plastic boxes about twice the size of shoe boxes. And divided by color - red, green, white, blue, black, and misc print. I use the smaller totes because they are easier to store and I can lift them without throwing my neck out. Anyway, I want to get my Christmas sewing started so I'm not caught in a panic in December.

But no sewing today. We're going to a play in Tacoma this afternoon with 3 other couples - our local Supper Club. We're seeing Jersey Boys. And going for pizza afterward. So a fun day, and no cooking!

LORI! TINA!! Gacckkk!! You two girls have really killed my appetite! You bet I'm cringing! But I'll say this, Foxy is always hanging over my keyboard when I'm typing and you got HIS attention!

BECCA - I'm glad at least one person is following the rule - the ONLY rule there is! So, what do you do to help out when the Boys and Girls club comes? And what do they do?

So, no cooking here. It's going to be pizza at the Cloverleaf Tavern, a venerable institution that's been around longer than I have an is renouned for their pizza. This is great because if we weren't going there, I would have been making pizza anyway.

What's everyone else having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 2nd

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:58 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, your day sounds awesome! Enjoy your play and pizza!
Dad called and wanted to know what the plan is here today, I lifted my eyes and saw the house really needs to be vacuumed, mopped and dusted, he said YUCK! I have to agree! 🤣😂 We did laundry yesterday, Frankie takes them to the washer after I sort and then we end up taking turns somehow putting them in the dryer LOL but I do all the folding and hanging and he usually does most of the putting away, it's a better system than me doing it 100%, to me anyways.
I didn't sleep good last night so I'm running slow today. Maybe today we'll have chili dogs and hmmmmm I'll have to think what to make with them.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:24 pm

Hello everyone Sunny here & a nice day I went with DGSs family to a Historic Home here & they had goats and hiking trails I’ve got in 5 miles so far today
I talked to Keith this afternoon Watching Ballgame now
Maryz We have an egg hunt planned a magic show candy walk like cake walk Make bunny bag & booths to play games Lastvtime we had booths and cake walk
It’s fun and they enjoy it
Enjoy your evening out with friends
Tina Glad you are getting help with laundry
I choose pork chop salad and apple sauce
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:39 pm

Mary, I'd share my banned food with Foxy. Molly had some and was very happy. Christmas quilts in March. That's getting ahead of the holiday rush. We have the rain today. It's been on and off all day long. I took Jack out for a walk this morning and it started coming down, so we turned around about a block in and went back home.

Tina, I like the washing and drying part, but not the folding and putting away.

Becca, 5 miles is awesome. I didn't even get my normal walk in because of the rain.

I've been working on a free sew a long from Buttermilk Basin. It's a cute little shamrock wall hanging.
Bill's a bit under the weather, so probably won't make anything for dinner. There's left overs so I'll just heat something up.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”