Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:30 am

Good morning,

Happy Leap Day! A whole extra day! I'm going to spend it doing laundry, binding my Fox quilt, and probably cleaning. What will you do with these bonus hours?

TINA - is it dirt season already?? As for the Dresden Plate sets, I used 4 strips per set and made 2 strip sets for each "plate", which gave me 8 fabrics per plate. I only cut 10 blades from each strip set as each plate takes 20 blades. I made 3 blocks or plates and used different fabrics for each block. I'm sorry Rosie isn't feeling so hotsy totsy. If she is limping that sounds like she's in pain to me. I hope the surgery helps her. Our Scottie is really slowing down and the groomer mentioned that he isn't quite the same dog she saw last October.

LORI - I'm happy to see the same rules apply at your house that are in effect here - the cat must not be disturbed. Scottie's groom was indeed expensive but he needed a lot of work. Usually we take him to a dog wash while in TX, but we didn't do that this year. We did do a dry shampoo and brushed him which helped a little bit. Plus, he loves to lay under the trailer, digging himself a little hole in the dirt. He looks like a dog scroungy hobo sometimes!

BECCA - glad to hear all your babies are doing so well! Even Brodee! And yes, let's pray he stays that way! Great that Frankie is already taking swim lessons. I took Autumn and the older kids when she was only 6 months old. She didn't learn to swim, but she at least learned not to be afraid of the water. What did you have at the family supper last night?

Supper here tonite is going to be Sweet and Spicy chicken over rice. Chicken breasts cut into large pieces in the crockpot with pineapple chunks, green pepper and BBQ sauce. I'll serve it over white rice. It's a recipe of my sister's that I've forgotten about for several years but a long time ago I submitted it to Taste of Home magazine and they printed it in their next issue plus one of their annual cookbooks.

What's the plan at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 29th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:43 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, yep already dirt season, my least favorite season. We had an easy wind yesterday and it blew the smoke in from the Texas fires so bad we couldn't see our mountains and then God gave us a little over half inch of rain and settled it all down 🙏 I'm so thankful.
Scottie sounds like he was cousin to the woolie mammoth.
Your supper sounds delish, can you shoot me the recipe by any chance?
Rosie wags her tail and doesn't wine and is perky when up but that limp really has me worried. She is sleeping a lot more too I think and she's more attention needing. I did notice the pain/antiinflammatory med has her not having tears running down her face so maybe it's helping her after all.
Well I was thinking either chicken fajitas or Chinese chicken but after Mary said what she's making I want that LOL
Tina

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 29th

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:00 pm

Hello ladies I have had a busy day First go to ENT visit in Asheville Then I got into business paperwork I have been putting off Then took walk Denise called and talked & told me to be thinking of what I want to do for my Birthday I told her nothing but I think I may go visit her She invited me if I want to go
Got my walk inSaw my 2 grands this morning Xander and Bohdi
Maryz You always seem to make good use to f your time We are supposed to have 60s Sat and Sunday
I had Chicken over rice last night and ice cream for those who wanted it
Tina Glad the rain helped with dust and smoke
I don’t do either one good
I choose egg salad and fruit and homemade chips Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”