Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Feb 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Feb 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:53 am

Good morning,

We have pouring rain this morning but at least we're warmer at 44*. Yesterday was dry but only 30*. Brrr!!! I bundled up for my morning walk. But unless it lets up this morning I'll skip the walk because I have a chiro appt right after the walk and I've already done my shower and hair. We also have a business appt and then a date to go visit our friend, Susie, still in rehab for her fx'd ankles. In between these appointments I will be quilting my Cats in PJ's. So a busy day is planned! Yesterday I got my Unicorn quilted and bound so that's one down, three to go of the four tops I completed while in TX. When I get these four quilts finished and mailed off to Autumn I think I'll take a break and do some spring cleaning and more yard work if weather allows.

TINA - the hail on Monday was actually soft hail or "graupel" as the weather folks call it. Sort of a frozen rain. So, no, didn't hurt. But it was still cold and wet when it melted! I'm trying to picture you sewing with your feet up. My chiro told me of a patient he had who had severe sciatica problems. The patient rigged up a back brace and somehow attached two tennis balls to the brace that were positioned to deliver pressure at just the right spot(s). It was a life changer for him. Have you made a March lotto block yet? I've done three - so far. I'm probably done. It's a fun block!

LORI - Scott's groom was $98, plus a $20 tip. He was in bad shape this time since it had been so long since his last appt so we tipped well. She worked hard on him. Some shelties have long flowing coats, but Scottie's kind of curls straight out. He looks like a frazzled Susy Q critter! lol! Now to see if I can get in this week to get MY hair cut. .

BECCA - any baby updates? Frankie? Lincoln? How is Brodee doing since his last medical "adventure"?

Our pork chops yesterday turned out delicious. I browned them, and put them into the crockpot with scalloped potatoes, onions, muchrooms, and 1 can of Cr Mushroom soup. Halfway through I tossed in some brussels sprouts. There is enough left for tonite so that's what's on the menu. But tomorrow will be new food so I better get to thinking . . .

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Feb 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:45 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, you say warm up to 44* LOL that's kinda cold for me unless there's no wind and lots of sun. Our dirt storms have started, yucky....so no Spring cleaning going on here yet, just cleaning up the dirt from the storms.
LOL no I can't see with my foot up, that would be quite the picture.
I've got 3 sets of strips sewn together for the March lotto and actually 1 of those I've got the Dresden blades made from 1 set. How many blades do you get from a set? I'm only getting 18.....
It's Dad's night for supper so I need to look in the freezer and see what we have in there.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Mary, that is an expensive groom, but if it's been a while it was probably needed. Our boys get bathed monthly. The groomer is $70-75 each. I started taking Jack to the Do it yourself wash. He's easy so it works. Sounds like you're having a heat wave. lol

Tina, I pulled out some strips for the March block, but haven't started yet. The cat is asleep in my chair.
How's Rosie?

We're about 71 and sunny today. Doors and windows are open. I went out and worked a bit in the back planters. I'm going to have to move the cat so I can sew my strips together for the March lotto. She just looks so comfy. I'll have to go back to dad's to put laundry in the dryer. I started a load when I was up there earlier.

Dinner will be chicken on the grill with potatoes and broccoli.

have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Hello everyone Cloudy here with light rain
I got aerobic done then took care of 3 appts confirmed and banking done
I was on the phone yesterday with Medicare for 45 minutes trying to get a bogus bill straightened out I got it done It was for someone In Kentucky
We just had a fire drill I’m not fond of those
Maryz My babies are all doing good Frankie is walking She takes swim lessons and loves it She loves the water
Lincoln is doing well Brodee is doing good Marty said I pray he stays that way
Lori I had never heard that term used for hail before Your meal sounds delicious
That back brace sounds great even if it was made up
Tina Glad you don’t have to do yard work
Anymore Let Frankie be the yard man
Tonight is family night so it will be good
Last night was Church so I am getting a break Yippee
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:50 pm

I'm back.
I decided on kielbasa, potatoes and onion in a pan and a can of corn for the veggie.
Lori, I have 1 March lotto block made and 3 more all ready stacked up and ready to sew. It was hard for me to do scrappy scrappy but I think I did it. Lots of colors.
Rosie is limping a lot, the anti-inflammatory and pain pill doesn't seem to be helping at all. Her surgery is 2 weeks away. To me she seems to be getting worse very fast. She doesn't act like she's in pain but she sure limps worse now.
Becca, how nice to be taking a break from the food there and getting to be with family. Win win.
I'm exhausted but it's good because it's from working on those lotto blocks.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”