Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:25 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was productive. Thank goodness for bad weather - I can get a lot done inside! We got Scottie groomed, groceries bought, and my fox backing finished. Today - I'll be quilting and binding my unicorn quilt. And hopefully, this afternoon, we'll get Cats in PJ's loaded. It's a bigger quilt and will take a little longer. And that will be my day! Bill is meeting friend, Tex, for breakfast while Tex has truck worked on. Bill will be giving him a ride home (~25 miles) if truck needs to stay in the shop for more work.

TINA - glad you were able to do a little sewing. Those lotto blocks are downright fun, aren't they. But don't overdo!

BECCA - I'm glad you were able to get your walk in finally. It takes a bit to get back in the groove. I just started my daily walks yesterday. We couldn't get them in while babysitting in TX because we always left for the kids while still dark. Just plain too tired when we got back from kids - or else it was dark again.

CAROL - in some parts of the yard - yes - DGSs did make more work so Bill decided to blow the leaves. He has a heavy duty pro-grade blower. It got the leaves but it also laid my daffs out flat. :cry: So not sure I'll get many flowers this year.

Supper has been decided. I'm going to brown pork chops and put them into the crockpot with some onions and potatoes and Cr Mushroom soup and let them simmer. I'll do salad and/or veggies on the side. I still have brussels sprouts and also carrots. I'll get it all prepped and cooking after my walk.

What are you deciding on for your supper?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 27

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Mary, I bet Mr. Scottie looks quite handsome after his grooming. Dog grooming is way more expensive than my hair cuts.
However, I do bathe daily, and I'm sure that is way more expensive than the once a month the boys get a bath. Sounds like you got a lot done yesterday.

This morning the boys took me for a walk. Then Jack had a vet appointment to put some meds in his ear. After that I did grocery shopping for us and dad. Took the groceries up to dad, and made him lunch. Then came home and made my lunch. Since then I've just been going through things in the sewing room.

I going out to dinner with friends, so not sure what I will be having.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 27

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:33 pm

Hi all! 🙂
Mary, you said it was hailing and Scottie had to potty out in it, doesn't it hurt when it hits? When it halls here it sounds violent.
It was nice to be able to sew, I can only do a little at a time and then I have to sit with my feet up but I did have fun. I finally got my February blocks mailed out today but Frankie took them in because I was shaky and the postal clerk told him they needed to be sent certified and that it was cheaper than just 1st class with a tracking number 🤦‍♀️ our postal clerks are crooks, they must be making a commission on what they sell. Hopefully March blocks I'll be able to take in. I'm really loving these blocks for March too!
Lori, enjoy your evening out!
We're just having a salad tonight, we're not very hungry.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”