Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 25th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 25th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:55 am

Good morning,

After 3 nice days, I think we're in for a stormy day today (and a rainy week to follow). That's OK. I'll call it sewing weather! We've had 3 days of yard work, a couple hours each afternoon. We have 2-1/2 heavily wooded acres and about half of that is house & yard. The yard work we're doing now is removing about a 6" layer of fall leaves from everything and hauling them by tractor bucket loads to our slash pile in the woods. I'll have to go through the yard later, mostly on my knees, weeding, but for now we're just trying to get the fall leaves and 4 months of winter blow down (branches, fir cones, cedar sheddings, etc) cleaned up. I love our property but it does take work a few times a year. We priced yard maintenance companies - minimum of 2 people for 4 hours - $900! So we do it ourselves.

In the morning, though, I finished "filing" away all my fabrics, shortened a pair of pants, and got backing pieced for my Cats in PJ's. I did piece the little girl's name, Rylan, in 6" letters. I didn't have enough of a single fabric for backing so I used two that coordinated. And added her name. It turned out cute. After it's quilted and bound I'll share a photo. Today I'll start on name and backing for the unicorn quilt for Rylan's twin, Addison. Again, I'm going to have to use two different fabrics for backing, but they are leftovers from the front - unicorns and purple stars. It's going to work!

TINA - I'm sorry your leg is still bad. Is it the same leg that you hurt last year? And I'm happy for you that Frankie is willing to take on the yard work. If Bill can use the tractor, the chainsaw, or his industrial strength leaf blower, he'll help in the yard. But in 32 years, he hasn't pulled a single weed and he's not about to break that record now! :lol: Happy birthday to your Kevin! So nice that the kids are coming to you instead of you having to drive to Cruces again. Enjoy those little boys!! (and the big boy, too!)

LORI - You made me think of burgers. I might ask Bill if he wants them for supper. It means standing outside at the grill and it's going to be a stormy day, but our deck is covered so maybe . . . It did feel good to be out in the sunshine, didn't it. We had sunshine, too, though most of it was covered by a layer of clouds.

CAROL - what kind of soup did you make? A very good ide to use your scraps and orphan blocks - placemats for meals on wheels. I decimated my scrap bin with my king sized crazy quilt. Took me a few years, though.

BECCA - you are so right - being with the grands and greats, especially, makes you susceptible to all kinds of viruses, etc. I haven't had even a cold in many years, but we have no little ones around us either. I'd choose the family if I could. I hope you get to see a photo of the twins with their new little brother soon. Do they live close to you? I can never remember who is near you and who lives further away.

Well, I'm not sure about supper tonite. We have leftover spaghetti sauce. Lori made me think of burgers and that's an option. So is homemade pizza. When my Other Half wakes up, I'll give him his choice and let you know.

What's YOUR choice?

P.S. He chose burgers! So now he has to chose fries, tots, beans, or just salad.

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Feb 25th

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:13 am

Hello everyone sunny here & a warm week ahead Beautiful
I didn’t get to go to Church today due to this cold or sinus I have I guess I will have to call Dr tomorrow UGh I don’t like going
Maryz Just remember Marty’s family is in Franklin and Alexs is here Keith Marty’s son is the only one that’s not in Franklin It’s 2 hrs a away from me So I don’t get to see Marty’s family like I used to
I have seen a picture of baby but couldn’t save it He’s got fat little cheeks So sweet
Hadlee and Brodee will give him
Plenty of love ❤️
I choose beef roast and green beans
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:22 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, 6" of leaves?! That's a lot! We only get a coating of leaves but we can always see the grass under them. We just zoom the riding lawnmower over the front yard and it puts them in the bagger and is done, the back yard we use the leaf blower and the push mower to pick them all up. I'm glad we don't have as much as you LOL
Wow, that's crazy expensive yard service but if you really end up having to do it twice a year would sure be helpful. Maybe you should see if there's any high school kids close by wanting to earn some cash? They usually do a great job and for a fraction of the cost.
My leg that's been giving me fits isn't the one I hurt when you were here, this one is my left leg and Frankie found the spot on my sciatic last night that was causing it and got it calmed down, I'll just have to watch and take it easy for a couple more days so I don't aggravate it again. I couldn't walk or stand and I could only sit with my feet up, it halted all my sewing and made me aggravated, it kept having cramps in it that I couldn't get to stop, pretty sure I ground my teeth from the pain quite a bit.
We had a great day yesterday with Kevin and family ❤️ they got Mexican food take out, I made a cake and we had ice cream. Dad was here too and Elijah just loves him ❤️
[Image]
He's like a little light bulb of glowing love ❤️
Becca, I hope you don't have anything more than the sniffles. I'm not a fan of going to the Dr either.
We're supposed to hit 80° today with a breeze of 15 mph breeze. I hope it's just a breeze.
Well we have no leftovers so I need to see what new food we'll be having. So far I'm drawing a blank.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:31 am

Look at his curls! He has ringlets ❤️
My bouncing baby boy; Kevin
Matthew and Maria

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:19 am

Hello Ladies. Popped over to see what everyone is eating today.

Becca, Your choice sounds good. My Dad would have picked that, too. I enjoyed eating with my Dad at this senior apt complex. Sorry you are under the weather. Hope it passes quickly.

MaryZ, If I were there, I would help clear the leaves around the flowers. I love spring flowers, especially Daffodils.

Tina, I'm sorry you are having back and leg issues. I'm glad I popped in, love your photos!! Your Dad looks to be doing well.

Dinner....we have leftover pork tenderloin, carrots and little potatoes made in the Ninja Air fryer a couple days ago. I think I will try reheating in air fryer and add a zucchini.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:16 pm

Lyn, pork tenderloin sounds yummy.

Mary, we didn't do the burgers last night. Bill ordered a burger at lunch, so I put that off a day.

Tina, those are great pictures.

It's been cloudy today. I think we will get the rain tomorrow.

Dinner will be the burgers I didn't cook last night, with tater tots, and baked beans.

Sleep well.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”