Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:29 am

Good morning,

We've had two springy days! I worked in the yard yesterday afternoon. Today is cooler with maybe a little rain this morning, but I'm hoping to get back out there this afternoon. Our yard is a huge mess! And Bill doesn't believe in doing yard work unless he can use machinery. So I have a lot to do in the coming weeks. I have most of the trailer chores done now and the house is back to normal, except my sewing room has a lot of fabrics that I'm having trouble fitting back into my fabric shelves. So it's crowding me. I want to seriously rearrange my sewing room but that's a project for later in the spring.

BECCA - I'm happy that you had an enjoyable outing, but bummed about your BP. Do you still do your exercise routines or are you laying low? Good news about the baby! I hope all goes well with their little family.

TINA - I hope your legs are better today. We keep a list of all our Tacoma errands on the fridge and try to consolidate them all in one trip. Sometimes it doesn't work, but for most stuff it helps to cut down time in the car. That was something about the elderly lady coming to you for help. What happened? We want to hear the rest of the story.

I think today we're going to have spaghetti and meatballs for supper. I found meatballs in the freezer that arent' getting any younger. I left them there last fall. I think I'll make my sauce early in the day and let the meatballs simmer in it in the crockpot.

What ideas are simmering in your head for your supper?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 24th

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:57 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Our yard has lots of weeds too. The daffodils are blooming here but after all we are a lot farther south than you are. We planted some flower seeds last week and I think I see a couple of them have come out of the ground. Hopefully we will see some flowers.

Becca - Hope you are feeling better. Glad to hear Lincoln went home. His brother and sister must be thrilled to meet him.

Tina - Hope you are feeling better too. I combine my trips too but if I remembered you were trying to get tires on the car the first trip and finally got them the second time. Sometimes it just cannot be helped to make that second trip.

I have really made progress on the scraps however there is more to do. I think I will slow down and do some sewing and quilting some small projects. I am tired of ironing and cutting fabric. I will work at making placemats. Our guild collects them to give to Meals on Wheels. It is great for using a sample block.

I want to make a soup today. I have a soup starter but probably need a few ingredients to finish a soup. I will look and see later.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:05 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, did your stash grow while you were gone? 😂🤣 We don't usually make 2 trips out of town so close together but the tires were ordered and then came in way faster than expected. My leg is being bothered by my sciatic, last night I was up till 2 with it. 4 hours of sleep was all I could do.
Yard work needs to be done here too, I pretty much turned it over to Frankie since he likes to be outside in the heat and my meds and heat don't play well together. But I still do what I can when I can because he's not as detail orientated as me. I like my outside to be neat and tidy just like my inside.
I called Central Dispatch yesterday about the lady and they sent 2 units out and they took her home. They were there for over 30 minutes with her before they took her. She looked like she really needed more help than what we could've given her.
Carol, that is so nice of you all to do the placemats for meals on wheels ❤️ and yes you're correct about the 2 trips, 1 wasn't planned especially that close together.
Yesterday was Kevin's birthday and they're coming over for the day and bringing or getting food, I'm not sure which. I'm baking a birthday cake and we bought ice cream for the occasion. I'll be having fun with Matthew and Elijah ❤️🥰 I think it's going to be a pretty nice day so we may get to go outside some.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:15 am

Hello It’s cloudy and we had rain over night To only be in 40s today
Maryz My BP is keeping me quiet I don’t like it but it is most important I got some work out in first of week
Yes the twins are in love with baby Brother
I would love to see them with him They will come one day later
Carol Thanks for your wishes I haven’t stayed as healthy here because at Home I was isolated mostly but here being around the children and family they came in contact with lots of people
Glad you are enjoying all your good soups you make I love good soup That’s so nice of you to do place mats for others
Tina Happy Birthday to your son Enjoy those grands They grow so fast
Sure sorry about your lack of sleep Hope it calms down soon
I will watch my team UNC play ball today
It’s this afternoon
Have a great day everyone
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:04 am

Tina, bummer your leg is acting up again. Hope it quiets down so you can get some sleep.

Becca, that is so cute about the twins and the baby.

Carol, that is a great project. I might make some up too. I have a few thousand scraps. What kind of soup will you be making.

Mary, we too have had a few nice days. Today as well. I was out working in the yard the other day enjoying the sunshine.

Dinner will be something on the grill since it's so nice out. Probably burgers. Bill loves burgers.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”