Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb. 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb. 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:44 am

Good morning,

I woke up at 2:30, laid in bed until 3:30, and here I am. I do like to get up early, but geeze louise! I beat the fur-folk up today! But I got an early start on a few chores - dishwasher and such. I got some of my travel fabrics put away and selected some to use on March lotto. I think I'll give it a try today. I have a few last things to tidy up in the trailer and I hope to get a backing at least organized if not actually started for one of the quilts I made in Texas. I ordered 108" backing for Fab Farm so it's on hold, but I still have Unicorns, Cats in PJ's, and Fox in Pines to back. So, no boredom in my sewing room here!

Yesterday we got our errands done, visited our friend, and then I spent a few hours in the kitchen. I cleaned veggies, packaged things for the freezer, and baked a cherry pie. And cleaned up each mess as I went. I think kitchen work is harder on my back/hips than gardening. (And I did do about 15 min of that, too!)

MARY Q - glad you had a nice visit with your DB while he was here. And he'll be home again in 6 weeks! It will be fun to go visit him at his new cabin. Do you by any chance know how long his Airstream is? There are a lot of Airstream clubs and groups. We've seen caravans of them going up the Alaska highway. Our friends did it in their new 34' Airstream. Anyhoo - did you get your pie made? Don't forget, those dates on packages of food (like pie crusts) are a best by date, not an expiration date. Your crusts are probably still fine.

TINA - Thanks for reminding me about sheet pan meals! I think that's what I'll make tonite. How do you fix your zucchini? It's not my favorite veggie, but I'm open to tasty ways to season and prepare it.

LORI - As for projects kitted up and ready to go - I've got five of them! All Christmas or Halloween plus Eliz Hartman's Butterflies - a few wallhangings, a tablerunner, and two quilts. I'm set for a while, I think. :D And since you asked . . . Amara is still adorable. She has 2 more teeth, her hair is a little longer, and I think she's grown another inch. She's tall for her age. The kids keep sending us photos of her looking at and reaching for the picture we put low on the wall (but just out of reach!) of her with us. She misses us! And we miss her. Can't wait to zoom with her this weekend. We've face-timed once and she was happy about that! And did you see - Chriss is having a new grandbaby, too!! In Sept. She is so excited! And I'm so excited for her!

BECCA - didn't see you at the table yesterday. I hope all is OK. Is your BP settling down and stabilizing? And how is the new baby? They should be going home from the hospital today or tomorrow?

So thanks to Tina giving me the idea, I'm going to make a chicken/potato/brussels sprouts sheet pan supper. And a salad. I love meals that are simple to prep and then just pop in the oven at 5pm. And we still have cherry pie for afters.

What's the plan at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb. 23rd

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, that's too early to get up! I had problems going to sleep, my left leg has been giving me fits, I'm thinking it's from going to Cruces those 2 days with only a day off in between. I didn't get to sleep till about 2 and kept waking up. I've used ice, heat, Tylenol and ibuprofen, it's very slowly getting better I think though.
When I do the zucchini in the air fryer I use flour then egg then panko bread crumbs. When I do it in the oven I use Mrs Dash, Cayenne pepper, a tiny bit of BBQ rub, garlic, salt and pepper and anything else I feel like LOL. When I do it in a skillet I sometimes do it with cornmeal and salt and pepper or just sometimes with olive oil and seasonings like I do in the oven.
Maryq, if something is outdated I usually open it, smell it, taste it to see if it's still good. Those dates are mostly suggestions.
Becca, I hope you're doing good.
Lori, have you tried the march lotto block? I really like it! I want to try it.
We had an elderly lady just show up on our porch, she looked in pretty rough shape, she's broke down and wanted me to call her dad, she looks to old to me to still have a dad or at least one that would be able to help her and she didn't know anybody else's phone number. She can only take about a 6" step and she's very disheveled looking. I called Central Dispatch and they're sending a sheriff deputy out to help her. Frankie couldn't help her because his back is hurting.
I think we're having banned food tonight and probably zucchini because I didn't make it last night because Dad was sick with a migraine and the room spinning so Frankie just took him a Philly cheese steak sandwich to see if he could keep that down and thankfully he did. He's much better today but feeling drained.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am

Hello everyone Cloudy here today and supposed to be colder tomorrow
I went on a trip yesterday here to Billy Grahams Training Center and grounds It was beautiful and uplifting I saw 10 deer & the view off deck was just like my front porch at my home It was a great day maryz the Baby went home yesterday They are doing good
No my BP was hi yesterday & day before & was this morning I’m hoping it calms down I’m being quiet today So far Keith FaceTime and Denise called so that took most of morning
Tina Glad Dads better today I’m sure 2 day’s rides didn’t help your legs
Sorry you had a restless night Hope tonight is better for you
I choose banned food cold slaw and roasted potatoes
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:47 pm

Tina, I haven't tried the lotto block yet, but I've made Dresden plates before. It looks really fun.

Mary, I see you made a few lotto blocks. I bet it's good to be sewing again. Pretty soon they'll have to move the picture up hire. She's growing so fast. Enjoy you facetime with her. And yes, I saw Chriss i is going to be a grandma. I told her to as you for suggestions on what she should make. Bummer you were up so early. I'm sure it's an adjustment to the time change.

Becca, I bet the deer were beautiful. We saw some in Oregon this summer. They were just roaming the neighborhood eating the shrubs.

I did some errands and things around the house. I did a little sewing on some small wonky heart blocks.

Dinner will be cereal tonight. I don't feel like cooking. I just grated and juiced 2 dozen or more lemons. The tree is loaded and I'm going to freeze the juice to use later.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”