Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:26 am

Good morning,

Happy Washington's Birthday! Does anyone bake a cherry pie any more? I think I just might do that today! If I have some cherry pie filling. To be honest, I have no idea what's in my pantry. Guess I need to check before I go to the store today......checked the pantry, and we're in luck. Cherry pie it is!

Yesterday I got my sewing room mostly squared away. I have about 5 projects I kitted up for travel and never got to because we got that babysitting job. :D So I'll just leave them in kits for now and maybe work on them through the year. Or take them south again next winter. Then I cleaned the trailer and washed the bedding. Today I need to mend the duvet cover and remake the bed. The new toilet arrived so Bill has his day planned. After we do a bit of running around. There are always so many errands to do when we come back from a long time out. IF I get time today, after errands and pie-baking, I might have time to play in my sewing room - maybe piece backing for Amara's Fab Farm quilt. Or, if the weather behaves, I might spend an hour or two out in the yard. We've got quite a mess going on out there. All my spring flowers are up several inches - through all the fall leaves. So I have to carefully pull all the dead leaves away from the fragile flowers. It will be slow going. I can't just rake. This is what I get for coming home a month later than usual.

TINA - We priced tires at Costco. They were cheaper than Discount Tire but DT will price match and they have shops everywhere across the nation and Costco doesn't, so we stick with DT since we travel so much. I hope Rosie does OK and isn't in much pain. I remember her as a baby dog! Scottie will be 11 in July. Seems they were all just puppies!

MARY Q - Nice to have supper with your brother! When will he go back to TX? Did his wife come up, too, or just him? A Costco 2 mi from you?? Yes, that's dangerous! Ours is 3 miles away. We had to stop running up there for milk - we would walk out with a full cart every time!

BECCA - I've never heard of the name "Coy", though I did know of someone once who was named "Coyne". But it goes well with Lincoln, which I really love. They will go home from the hospital soon and then life will get really busy. Yes, anytime an unexpected letter arrives from an attorney it would make anyone's breath catch for a bit.

I'm thinking we'll have pancakes and eggs for supper. I have milk that's going back south so it needs to be used and pancakes is a good place to do it.

What are you thinking of for your supper tonite?

maryq

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb. 22nd

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:47 am

Hey Girls

Was thinking about going out for groceries today, but the saw Valerie's post for the March Lotto and thought, that looks like a lot more fun!!

Cherry Pie!? Hey what a nice idea! I do happen to have some Pillsbury pie crust in my freeze and a couple cans of Cherry Pie Filling (taken from KC's )... Though I think have to buy some fresh pie crust... or make from scratch. I don't know how long that frozen stuff has been in the freezer.

Maryz... DB is heading back to Texas today. Carol stayed behind as they have a small dog.
They will start back in MN the end of March and like you, they travel slowly doing maybe 250-300 miles a day. Last summer when they came back they bought a little home north of me about 1.5 hrs so that's their summer residence. I hope to get up there for a visit. Their Airstream will be their "guest room" like you do! Nice to get in your sewing room for while?
Pancakes from scratch? Someday I'll tell you about the pancakes I used to make for DEX!

I'm thinking Chicken something for supper... but I need some new ideas... So bring 'em on! My go-to is usually either chicken soup or BBQ chicken. I did try chicken alfredo (with a jar of Alfredo sauce) and it wasn't bad. I do so love noodles and rice, but have to limit them!!

Gotta so check in at SEW IN
M

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:16 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, some of my flowers are up too, I hope yours make it through the cleanup.
Firestone did the price match but then kept us waiting so we left. There is a DT in Cruces too but we don't have one here so we'd be in the same situation as buying from Sam's as far as distance, but we don't travel either so I understand you getting yours at DT for sure.
I can't believe it's already been almost 9 years since we got Rosie, my niece brought her from Texas for Holly to give me. She was sooooo little.
Maryq, those checkerboard Dresden plates are really cool looking for the March lotto! Sometimes I do a sheet pan meal with chicken and tons of veggies, it's really yummy!
I need to figure out supper tonight too, it's Dad's night. I know we're having zucchini in the air fryer but other than that I'm not sure.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:06 pm

Maryq, now you got me wanting cherry pie too.

Maryz, it's great to have projects ready to go. I usually have a few on hand. Glad you are getting everything done so you can get back to sewing. I bet you missed your sewing space. How is the adorable Amara?

Tina, I've never done a sheet pan meal, but they look really good. Poor Rosie has all kinds of things going on. That's what happens when you get old. Hope she'll be with you for years to come.

I don't know what's for dinner tonight. I've been busy until now and haven't really thought about it. No worries, we have food and won't starve.

Have a lovely rest of your day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”