Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, February 21st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, February 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:16 am

Good morning,

It's going to be another busy day here at the Rockin' Z. Yesterday I spent in the house, doing a LOT of laundry, putting things away, and dealing with the mail. Today I'll start cleaning the trailer. remake bed, and replace items we took out for this past trip. When we're gone over the holidays, I take out regular things like quilts, mugs, appetizer trays, towels, pot holders, tablecloths, etc and replace them with Christmas stuff. I also take my Christmas "wardrobe", a 3' tree, and a tote of decorations. We have everything back inside the house now, washed and put away and today I need to wash the regular stuff and put it back out to the trailer. I make a lot of extra work for myself, but if I'm not going to be home for Christmas, then I'm taking Christmas on the road with me! So that's today's plan.

BECCA - congratulations on the new baby! I love his name! My BFF's youngest GGS is also named Lincoln. Sometimes a short stay in NICU is necessary if there is amniotic fluid or meconium in the lungs. Even without those complications or a low BP most C-section patients stay in for 3 days. Autumn did. Mine three were all CSX's and back in those days it was 5 days. I'm so happy for your family.

TINA - sorry about the tires. Hope today's appt goes better for you. We go to Discount Tire. They had our tires there - our names were on them, and we had an appt so it was in & out. I didn't go along. Tires are a blue job here! I stayed home and did pink jobs. Laundry. Yes, Amara is named after me. It was my dance name back in the day. Plus, it is "Mary" in Greek. And when Autumn got married and changed her last name, she also legally changed her middle name from Heather to Amara. You are so right about vet care for pets. We say the same thing - they have become luxury items.

CAROL - All is good with the truck except for the coat of dog hair inside it, and now the car has new 'shoes' so we're good there, too. But yes, a few repairs needed on the trailer. There always is. My DSIL will retire in a few years and their plan is to hit the road full time for a few years with a large toy-hauler RV. Lee says he doesn't want to have to do any repairs, such as they had with a house. Well, haha on him! There are always repairs to make on a house or an RV. He'll learn. Your speaker sounds interesting. There is a book called Creating Moments of Joy by Jolene Brackley about living with a loved one with Alz. Very insightful. My brother's wife had Alz so we all read this book. Mostly it helped to understand some of the patient's behavior.

LORI - I'm glad you enjoyed the retreat. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. Did you have to take your own machine or were machines available? You are right about dementia. Lots of books, suggestions, advice out there. But every situation is different and every patient is different. Some things helped my brother, and some didn't. I do hope Jack will be OK. Scottie has some large lumps, too, but vet assures us they are fatty lipomas and nothing to worry about.

Tonight we're going to have that leftover lasagna. I don't have salad makings so I think we'll have canned green beans on the side. I'll go to the store when we need milk & bread and restock the fresh veggies then.

What are you having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, February 21st

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:45 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, oh I see the name now, thanks for letting me know.
You had a busy productive day yesterday.
We priced Discount Tires too, they were a few hundred dollars more than Sam's. I didn't know this but buying through Sam's we get a few extra perks that we'd have to pay for other places. This is new to us so we'll see how it goes and how good their word and service are.
Rosie's growth is on the outside of her left rear leg at her knee and the vets afraid she'll hit it on something and really hurt herself or she'll run out of lose skin and she won't be able to walk because it'll not let her knee bend..... I'm sure it's probably not called her knee I'm just calling it that, it's the backwards bend down low on her leg, but to me it works like a knee.
Supper tonight will be leftover chicken ramen salad, which will be nice after going to Cruces.
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:14 am

Hey Girlfriends

Since I was up early, and have already made an appearance at Sew In, before I get butt in gear in the sewing room, I thought I would stop by here and see what's for supper!

Maryz.. What a nice friend you have---to bring you dinner!! Have you been to the grocery store yet to re-stock your fridge? Or will it require a trip to Costco!? I hear they are going to build a Costco 2 miles from my house... that could be dangerous! Autumn changed her middle name too?

Becca... Congratulations on the new baby Boy!!! 7lb 13oz is a nice little size!! Hope Mom and baby continue to do well . Is Taylor Mom to Hadlee and Brodee? I can't remember.

Tina... I'd be interested to hear how it goes with getting tires at Sam's--- I may have to get some new tires one of these days. I can't remember if I've even put new tires on my car since I bought it in 2015-- Does the Vet want to do surgery on Rosie? Guess I'm glad I don't have to worry about pet expenses, even tho I do kind of miss a having a dog!

Carol.... It's good to know that what I have been saying all along is true---BRAIN EXERCISE I've always thought that that was so important, when kids complained about having to memorize things or learn history dates or multiplication tables.. It's all brain exercise and one should never stop exercising their brain. When I worked in Long term care pharmacy I visited a lot of memory care units and learned a lot about how to interact with Alz. patients. It came in handy when I had to help care for my Auntie with dementia.

OH what to fix for supper!!! I got out of fixing supper last night as my DB Greg is in town and we got to meet up. Tonight it might be BLT sandwich, oh but wait I have no lettuce.. How about grilled bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich . It's just about time to get groceries here so there isn't a lot of choices!!

Time for more coffee, then off to the sewing room I go!!

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 am

Hello everyone sunny & warmer day here
They put on about Lincoln Middle name Coy
I have been doing business this morning Got a letter from Lawyer is Franklin but it’s a tax form letter so alls ok
When I saw return address it kind of jarred me
Maryz Yes Lincoln is a different name I think The twins will love it I knew w I always hated to deal with the aftermath of going camping but Imsure it’s old hat to you I loved going but not the cleaning up which it all goes together
Maryq Yes This is Brodees and Hadlees Brother They will be in love I know
Tina I never even thought of buying tires at Sams Hopebt works out & is a good experience for you It will s a chunk to have to spend but so necessary
IT’s family night here Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Hi all, we're back home!
The wind kicked up so I drove all the way home heading into the wind.
Install and being taken care of at Sam's was great! The price was fantastic, it saved us at least $200 from the next price quote and here in town it would've been $600+ more. Crazy. Plus with being a plus member it saved us our membership difference worth and we get all kinds of perks so as long as they do what they say they will it'll be fantastic!
They sure made the ride home smoother, I couldn't believe it! Frankie said it's because the prior owner put wider tires on it and we put it back to what is called for in the specs.
Maryq, yes they want to do surgery on Rosie 😟 this growth that's on her leg was about the size of a small pecan about 6 months ago. Her vet checked it then and he just said keep an eye on it and we have, now it's way bigger than a golf ball and growing fast. I'll get her scheduled for March, probably the end of March. She's going to get blood work and get teeth cleaned and any pulled all at the same time so she only has to go under anesthesia once. They'll be giving her pain meds too for after at home. I hope she's going to be OK. We were told when she was little that she probably won't live to be very old because she has a kidney disease and she's had it since she was born I guess it's genetic..... nothing really that can be done. She's 8½ years old right now, cockers usually live to 12, sometimes 14 so she may prove them wrong. Duncan will be 12 in November and we can tell he's aging, we love them so much ❤️
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”