Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:25 am

Good morning,

We're home! A long rainy drive yesterday but we made it. I've even got a lot of stuff emptied from the trailer. I'll get the rest done today and start the laundry and the cleaning/restocking. We keep enough food, water, clothes, pet food in there for a week as it's our disaster kit. I was tuckered when I sat down about 4pm. Our friend, Tex, came by with a lasanga for us for supper. What a nice treat to not have to cook after that long day!

Did you guys not eat yesterday? No one came to the table and started the thread. You must all be starved by now.

BECCA - tell us about the baby!! Don't forget the name! When Antonio told us about Amara's birth, he forgot to tell us her name! And she was named after me!!

TINA - did you get your tires? We're getting new tires on our car this morning. There was a Michelin tire sale last month so Bill ordered them delivered to Discount Tire and he has an appt this morning.

LORI - how is the mini-retreat going?

CAROL - We only got 3 oranges off the trees in our campsite in Bakersfield. We were late in the season. We didn't see Mt. Shasta on the way north - too cloud. But we did see the Lake - wonderful to see the water level so high!

MARY Q - Thanks for delivering my message. Did you ever have your supper?

We are out of fresh stuff except for carrots so a shopping trip will be in order soon. Tonite we have two choices - leftover lasagna might be good. But we also have leftover jambalaya from the night before so I think we'll have that and the lasagna tomorrow.

What are you choosing for tonite?

Becca

Re: SPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 20th

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 am

Hello everyone sunny but cold
Our Baby was born Lincoln 7lbs 13 ozs
Bay is in NIC due to animistic fluid from CSection Taylor’s BPressure was low so They are still in Hospital
Maryz Glad you got home safe What a nice treat to come home to
Marty was to come but maybe tomorrow
I ran to Walmart this morning and picked up a few things
I choose pancakes and Bacon & applesauce
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:22 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, yay you're home!!!! That was really nice of Tex. We didn't get our tires, he had told me they could have us in and out in 45 minutes....we waited an hour and they hadn't even taken our in so I told him to forget it. They were doing a price match so we ordered from our original which is Sam's and we have an appointment tomorrow. I wasn't going to waste anymore of my valuable Matthew and Elijah time waiting on tires.
I didn't know Amara was named after you, at least I don't think I knew. How is she named after you, her middle name?
Becca, congratulations! I hope mommy and baby will be all healthy and alright.
We were totally worn out yesterday from playing with Matthew and Elijah Sunday and we didn't get much accomplished here yesterday. Today Rosie is going to see a new vet because she needs a new prescription for her thyroid medication...... the vets left now charge a $45 office visit 🤷 our vet that just left last fall never charged us for office visits. We have come to the conclusion that having pets is an expensive luxury we won't be able to afford anymore after the 3 we have now so they will be our last 😢😞💔
I made chicken Alfredo last night, my suppers have been all topsy turvy lately, I'll plan something and then have to change it. Tonight is a chicken ramen salad I make, I usually make it in the summer when it's too hot because it's light and cold but we've been in the 70's and I wanted to make it.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:23 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Thank you for the Shasta Lake and Shasta Mountain report! I am so glad to hear the lake is full. I haven't looked lately at the reservoir level report. They were mostly above normal at the end of last year. Glad you are home too. It sounds like it is time for some repairs on the RV and maybe the car and truck. Is it raining there? We have the major part of the storm today.

If you haven't heard about the Wayfarer's Chapel it was designed by Lloyd Wright, Frank Lloyd Wright's son. It is only a few miles on a road I used all the time when I worked and now frequently use as well. The Chapel has closed, and the roadway has buckled, hiking trails in the area have also closed at least temporarily. The road is still open, but I will not be driving on it. I usually use it to go to Guild meeting which is tonight. This is very sad. It is a beautiful drive right along the ocean.

Becca - Prayers will continue for Mom and baby Lincoln. Congratulations!

Tina - How are you feeling these days?

We heard a speaker last night who is an expert on Alzheimer's disease. She had some pointers on how to talk to someone with memory loss as well as pointers how to prevent. She said when talking to them go with it and then change the subject by asking if while they wait have a cup of tea. The idea is not to make the person relive the sadness that telling them the truth would bring. To prevent it was the same think a cardiologist and doctors are saying, exercise 30 minutes a day, Mediterranean diet, social interaction and learn new things. Oh yes, her name is Dr Lisa Genova. She does have several books, I think the name of the study she did on Alzheimer's was REMEMBER: The Science of Memory and the Art of Forgetting. She was really interesting!

Dinner tonight will be Pasta and Sauce I think. I made a really good sauce last night for dinner and we have plenty of leftovers. Guild is tonight.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 pm

Mary, the mini retreat was great. I got the January lotto blocks sewn together, and started and completed a wool project. Cute little bunny pillows. I also worked on a project we are doing together.
A Christmas quilt that we'll raffle off and give the money to our quilt guild. Glad you are home. I bet it's nice to be back after 3 months gone.

Carol, in a prefect world, dealing with Alzheimer/dementia patients would be that easy. I've been dealing with dementia for over 10 years. I've tried lots of things they recommend, and most don't work.

Tina, pets are a luxury item. I took Jack to the vet today because he has an ear infection. $69. for the office visit and over $400. with everything else. He had a lump on his leg I wanted tested to make sure it's not cancer. I wish I would have bought pet insurance back when they were little. Are you back to your normal self again?

Becca, happy birthday to Lincoln, and congratulations to mom and dad.

I packed up the bunnies and lotto blocks today and got them in the mail. I also worked on some Wonky Heart blocks. It's an Accuquilt die I used while at the retreat. I'm going to make a cute little table mat.

We had orange chicken and rice for dinner.

Sleep well.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:51 pm

I'm back
Carol and Lori, I'm about the same I guess, I still get the shakes when I do too much. But I just take each day as I can.
Thankfully the vet took 50% off the office visit but it was still $68 with her meds. She needs blood work done which is another $100 plus we have an estimate for $550-$850 for her teeth which look pretty bad now and she has a pretty big growth on her leg that has really ballooned over the last 2 months, the vet would do it all at the same time while she's under. We have to take Duncan in Thursday and see about his eye and she said they might be able to work out a payment plan for what Rosie needs. We'll just wait and see what she says.
Lori, you got quite a bit accomplished at your mini retreat.
Carol, Kevin made up a pasta sauce a couple weeks ago and Maria loves it, I hope I get to taste it soon.
Have a great evening!
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”