Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:28 am

Good morning,

We have interet here, which I hadn't expected. So here I am! We're on the move again today but only going about 270 miles to another state park in western AZ. A short day. We're watching CA's weather closely and it looks like we'll be changing our travel schedule. We'll see what happens.

LORI - that dessert looks delicious! Calorie-free, right? :lol: Ah yes - cat hair. How can one cat shed so much hair and still not be naked? I "de-haired" our bed yesterday by rubbing down the spread with a wet cloth. Even Foxy was starting to complain!

BECCA - I don't know how you get everything done every day - water aerobics, walking, painting, sewing, time with friends, family, outings, shopping, and more. Small wonder your BP doesn't know which way to go! But at the same time, I think it all keeps you moving and youthful.

TINA - I'm sure the girls appreciated your help with their FFA contributions. Hope they bring in lots of $$.

We're going to grill our mesquite flavored pork tenderloin tonite. Baked potato, and salad. Maybe canned green beans, too. Depends on our appetites come suppertime. I'm planning on leftovers for a quick and easy meal tomorrow night.

Have you got your supper plan yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 15th

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:56 am

hello everyone still no sun as it’s early still
We had a great Valentine’s Day together
The GGrands made me cards and cookies
And a delicious meal Grilled Steak Twice baked potatoes a wonderful salad and ice cream and other desserts she even make funnel cakes for those who wanted them
The kids always do their little show
Yesterday I got the bear almost ready to stuff
Today we are having lunch with our class of water aerobics So I won’t want dinner but I plan to have soup
Maryz I am busy unless I am not up to it
A lot of it is my personality I have trouble being still
Glad you had another happy Anniversariey together CA never forgot a Birthday or Anniversary
You are for sure always busy too
I got a picture of Frankie and her Dad yesterday She’s a cutie and they have lots of snow She has 3 teeth but still holds on some
Tina Hope you made a lot of money with your. Contributions for them
To all others have a great day
Oh it’s grilled chicken and broccoli and salad. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:30 am

Good Morning,

Did I forget to post yesterday? After morning Mass with ashes I did some grocery shopping in which I forgot my prescription but DH had to go get his so he picked up mine. Yea!! Next, I made Soup for dinner. I used Vegetable broth on the Garden Soup recipe. After lunch I had Zoom. I finished sewing the shoulder seams of the aprons and finished a stem on my poppy block. Before dinner DH and I went for a walk. After dinner, dishes, tv I sewed two more stems. A very busy day!
Today I will sew stems and repress the aprons. The aprons have ribbons for ties, and they need to be singed gently. Today is also laundry, gym and cutting scraps.

Maryz - Happy Anniversary! You sound relaxed. Hope todays travels go well. I am not sure how you will make 270 miles in 4 hours though. Was that 170 miles or 6 hours? I always guess about 50 miles/hour.

Lori - Sounds like a favorite dessert! Hope you enjoyed it.

Becca - Your meal last night sounds wonderful. So nice to get all the attention.

Tina - Nice that you were able to find the pie plate and make a pie contribution. I am amazed at the price of pies. Yours price was well deserved.

Dinner is Barley and Vegetable Soup.
Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:53 am

Carol, I am amazed at the price of pies too. I went to Marie Calendars last week on the way home from The Quilt Bee. I bought a pie and it was only $13. They are having a $5 dollar off any pie this month. I thought that was a good deal, because they usually close to $20.

Becca, sounds like you had a very nice day yesterday. Enjoy lunch with your friends.

I have my mini retreat for the next 4 days. The lady that is hosting lives about 6 minutes away, so it makes things easier for me. I'm still figuring out what kind of help I will need for my dad when I'm away next month and in April. The neighbors have offered to help, so I may set up a schedule with them and see how it goes.

Not sure what dinner will be tonight. I might just pick something up on the way home.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:14 am

Lori I know from experience it depends on what Dad can do & needs help with Such as meals meds etc Sure hope you can get it worked out satisfactory
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”