Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 14, Valentine's Day!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 14, Valentine's Day!

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:59 am

Good morning!

Happy Valentine's to everyone. It's our 32nd anniversary today. I know it's also LYN's 21st and TERESA's 33rd. Not sure if it's anybody else's. But happy anniverdary to all of them!

We had a smooth run yesterday. Even with heavy construction on I-10 in Tucson, it wasn't bad at all. El Paso could take a lesson from Tucson! We are at Picacho Peak St. Park and will stay a second night. Just to rest up. We have another 2-night stop reserved in Bakersfield but looking at CA's forecast, we may skip our second night there and make a run up I-5 trying to dance around the storms and floods the weather people are talking about. We also have to consider the Siskiyous -100 miles of mountain highway at the CA/OR border.

CAROL - gotta love those last minute repairs! "Seams" like those repairs should have been noted at the end of the last show by the wearer and addressed then. Nice to receive flowers! I love flowers. I don't ususally get them, though. We like to go camping for our anniversary so we usually just exchange cards and spend the day simply being together. Though, we're together every day of our lives since retirement, but this is anniversary togetherness. It's special. :lol:

LORI - what is a pizookie? We've used boric acid for years. At first it was for fleas and haven't had a flea in the house ever since. But we also put it on ant hills in the yard (we live in the woods). Kills the entire hill within a day or so.

BECCA - so nice to receive flowers - and from a grandson, no less! You do have a special family! Have you had your BP Cuff checked at your doctor's office lately to make sure it's accurate? If not, you might take it along with you next visit and they will check it for accuracy for you. I take my cuff in every few years. We actually have two cuffs and they checked both of them for us. One is more accurate than the other so we keep the less accurate cuff in the trailer. It at least gives us an idea of what direction our BPs are going.

MARY Q - just so you know, you mentioned grilled onions and blue cheese on burgers yesterday and I thought, 'YES!". So we did that. Bill skipped the blue cheese but he did enjoy the onions. Thanks for the reminder!

We were going to do a pork tenderloin on the grill tonite, but realized it's Ash Wednesday, so now we're going for eggs and hashbrowns (which I like better anyway). We'll do our tenderloin tomorrow instead.

What's bubbling in your pot for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Feb 14, Valentine's Day!

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:15 am

Good morning all 🌞
Happy Valentines Day to you all!
Happy anniversary Mary and Bill ❤️
I love flowers too but I rarely ever get them.
We spend all our time together too since retirement for Frankie, I enjoy spending time with him, he's a pretty nice guy ❤️
I read the other day that men retire, women work to they die.....
I'm supposed to help one of Jazmyne's friends make a cheese cake today for their FFA auction tomorrow, Jazmyne will have a pecan pie to auction.... made by me and a new pie dish for it to go in bought by me is my donation. I find nice new deep dish pie plates for about $5 and make her pie in it so three winner gets it too.
Frankie is Catholic but he doesn't really observe the rules like no meat and stuff and I hardly ever remember so......I had thawed a roast out in the fridge and it's in the crockpot now with all the veggies, plus it's Dad's night tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:49 am

Hello everyone beautiful sunny day here I got my walk in outside and water aerobics this morning I got my bear sewed up
Maryz Yes My cup was checked about 2 wks ago I keep close check
CA sent me flowers I was really surprised with Chris’s but not really He’s a sweet Grandson as all are and treat me special
We do have a living family
Happy Anniversaries to you and Bill Enjoy
Your time together

Tina Happy Valentine Day to you & Frankie I know he sure seems like a kind man the way he helps others
Well it’s family night and Chris is having my favorites
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:57 pm

Mary, happy anniversary to you and Bill. Enjoy your relaxing day. A Pizookie is a cookie straight from the oven with a scoop on ice cream on top. It's a dessert at BJ's Brewery and Restaurant. Image

Tina, that is so true about women and men working.

Becca, you have a really sweet grandson.

I've been doing laundry and cleaning a bit here and at my dads. Yesterday I did 7 loads of laundry. Sheet, blankets, quilts. They get furry from the dogs and cat. It amazes me how much the cat sheds.

I put some of my lotto block winnings on my design wall. Will get the rows how I like them when sew them together. That will be my project for the mini retreat this week. Well one day anyway.

Dinner will be enchiladas and Spanish rice. I have the chicken in the oven now.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”