Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:57 am

Good morning,

We made it to Deming, NM despite having to go through El Paso. Whew! That city is always a nightmare. We look for other routes, but in the months that we travel, that generally isn't practical. Someone put too many mountains in our path. But once again, we made it through unscathed but frazzled. We had a nice, albeit short visit with Tina and Frankie, ran into town for a few errands and then back to camp for supper and to rest. We did 360 miles yesterday and we were tired. Today, we'll log 270 miles and camp at Picacho Peak State Park west of Tucson. Going to spend 2 nights just because we love it there in the saguaro cactus forest. We'll celebrate our 32nd anniversary tomorrow.

TINA - it was good to see you and Frankie yesterday! Thanks for letting us hang with you for a bit. You looked good, especially after your bout with Covid. I could tell you've lost weight - but Covid is a rough way to do it! We did get our errands done, got fuel, and got back to trailer in time to feed boys and ourselves before we collapsed. I didn't realize how tired we were until I sat down! I finally woke up in my chair and went to bed - at 8pm.

MARY Q - that dish Kris made sounded good. Was it all in one dish? A recipe would be great! Not sure I'd put cauliflower in it, either. But I'm no gourmet cook, so maybe those flavors would blend well? I might sub in peas. :D But I love recipes like that.

CAROL - you make Super Bowl Sunday at your house sound like we really missed a good time by not being there! Even homemade ice cream! And yes, we'll spend 2 nights (Fri & Sat) in Bakersfield at Orange Grove RV Park. Another of our favorite places. We'll be coming up I-5 Sun & Mon, arriving home next Tuesday. I CAN'T WAIT! So, yes, please, keep that weather good for us! I will try to get reports on Irish and Chickie.

BECCA - I'm confused. I thought your problem was a low BP, but yesterday it sounded like it was high. Does it bounce around or am I reading you wrong? Sometimes some medications can cause a drop in blood pressure. If you take a lot of meds, you might talk to your pharmacist, show him all you're taking and the times of day that you take them - and what other meds you take at the same time. Sometimes they interact and cause reactions. Just a thought. I hope things get straightened out soon and STAY straightend out for you! I bet you are excited for next Monday - Baby day! How is the quilt coming along?

Since we'll be arriving at our campsite early afternoon and plan to stay for two nights, we'll set up our outdoor stove and grill burgers. I want to say we'll have salad with them. And we might. But the truth is, we have frozen french fries with us and we may cave in to their siren song. They are so good and we are so bad.

Tomorrow we're going to grill a small pork tenderloin for our anniversary dinner. And probably share a baked potato, salad, and green beans. We won't have internet unless it works on our phones, so I may or may not be here for the next few days. Please don't wait supper on me - whoever gets to the kitchen first, set the table. Thursday night we're going to be camped at Buckskin St. Pk. in the mountains of western AZ so we may not have real internet there either. Friday we will be crossing the Mohavi to Bakersfield where we should have good internet for two nights.

So what is your menu plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Feb 13

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:46 am

Good morning all 🌞
It was great to get to visit with Mary and Bill yesterday! I always look forward to seeing them!
Mary, I'm not sure if I've lost any weight, our scale shattered around Christmas and I haven't looked for another one yet, but thanks 😊 I bet you two were tired, that's a long driving day you had plus El Paso is just exhausting to drive through, maybe they'll get that way Frankie was saying finished by your next trip 🤞
I hope you two have a great anniversary tomorrow.
Becca, I hope your BP is back to normal.
Lori, I'm just making a little kid quilt with the flannel, I need to get back to being able to sew and do things.....in that order preferably.
Carol, how fun to make homemade ice cream, we haven't made it in forever it seems.
Maryq, I do a sheet pan chicken and veggies that we all seem to love, I put pretty much any fresh veggie I can get and season it and put a little olive oil on it and cut it in small pieces and about an hour later it's done and yummy, Dad loves it when I make it. I usually put zucchini, yellow squash, purple onion, asparagus, fresh green beans, carrots, bell peppers and cabbage...... sometimes I'll put brussel sprouts in if I have them. Have you ever had Marry Me Chicken? Jazmyne made it for us once, it's delicious.
We ended up with burgers on the grill and a salad last night. After Mary and Bill left we both sat down to watch the news and fell asleep LOL I never take a nap that late but it wasn't on purpose oops.
I'm hoping to make something with chicken tonight, just need to figure out what.
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:47 am

It was a great visit!

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 am

Good morning everyone sunny here but the wind is more than brisk
I got my allergy shots early today
Maryz It goes low and hi How I wish it would remain stable The druggist knows about my meds I’m just an odd ball
I can’t do anything when it’s very low or hi but be still I knew w from being in Hospital with it
So glad you got to visit Tina and Frankie
Tina Glad you are mending Do take care
I am debating about Church tonight Depends on BP
I will make my own meal if I stay here
Becca

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:42 am

Good morning Supper Clubbers

OH gosh.... what's for supper!!! My kids used to ask me that all the time...... my answer Whatever you want to fix"

Maryz... Nothing better than a good burger on the grill... with lots of sautéed onions, a little bleu cheese dressing, maybe some dill pickles. And of course French fries! Burgers and fries a perfect camping meal!!

Tina.... Love the picture of the two of you, but do tell.. What were you fighting about!?? :lol: Baked chicken actually does sound pretty good, tho I'd leave out all those veggies! One of fave things is BBQ chicken and I make that pretty often with a small serving of mashed potatoes--BBQ sauce is good on potatoes!

Becca...Oh dear, you are having problems with your blood pressure? Are there aids or something at your place that can come check it for you? BP can go up and down during the day so no one reading is always totally accurate but a good average would be the goal of meds.

Time to jump in the shower and get in gear. Need to run to Walgreens and then the Hardware store for something to get rid of ANTS!!! Came out to the kitchen this morning and discovered all sorts of little tiny ants every where!! YUK!!

Have a great day everyone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:59 am

Mary Q, we sure hope you were going to Walgreens to get those immunizations you keep forgetting!

For ants, we use boric acid that we can buy at the garden or farm stores. It is the active ingredient in flea busters powder, but cost a fraction. It’s safe for pets. We sprinkle it on ant hills and it kills everything buggy pretty quick. You can use it inside too. When we get new carpet or flooring laid, we sprinkle it liberally under the carpet. Also, under couch cushions and you can even put it in kitchen cabinets. Just a thin line along the backs of the cabinets if ants are a problem there.

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:58 pm

Maryq I have my own cup and keep check
I could pretty much write a book on BP
I know the goal is to stabilize
Thanks Becca
I got a bunch g beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered today from one of my Grandsons It’s gorgeous

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Becca, how wonderful to get flowers.

Maryq, I hate ants. I use Boric acid at Maryz's suggestion. It's worked so far.

Tina and Mary, great picture. You are so silly. I love it.

I'm at guild. They are covering the budget....boring.

We had a late lunch today. I had fried chicken and mashed potatoes with broccoli. And we shared a Pizookie for dessert. It was yummy.

Sleep well
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:24 pm

I worked all day today - really. Just not always sure what was accomplished. I did iron shirts for DH and aprons for Guild Show this weekend. While ironing the six aprons I discovered two shoulder seams were torn on different aprons and another was missing a tie ribbon. I have repaired the shoulder seams and talked to chair. We are going to topstitch on both sides of the shoulder seam to reinforce. It should have been done originally years ago! Members put their hands in the pockets and other stuff. It has stressed the seams. I only had the large size so we will see if small and medium had any issues.

Dinner tonight was chicken from last night's dinner. I added potato and broccoli. DH and I both had Alla Polla Parmesana last night. DH brought me flowers too.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”