Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 12th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:34 am

Good morning,

Today is Lincoln's birthday. My favorite president. They sure don't make them like him anymore.

We watched the game and I realized as we watched I was rooting for SF. But both teams played a great game. We thought there were way more commercials this year than any other. I liked the cat who hawked Mayo and the pickle playing toddlers. Arnie was good, too. We went to bed the minute the game was over and for once I remembered to turn the ringer off on my phone because I knew home friends would start texting and they still haven't realized that we are two hours ahead of them. We were already an hour past our normal bedtime of 9pm. But the game, even without Seahawks, was worth staying up for! Congrats to KC.

CAROL - I bet your DH is glad KC won! Did you see Judi's post in Sew In yesterday? About Kwandi quilting? It's kind of interesting and a marvelous scrap user upper. I might like to try it when I get a break in the action when we get home. Though It would only be a small wall hanging. I watched a U tube video of it. It's a method brought to India by people from Africa and can be done by machine or by hand.

LORI - Your quilt is beautiful! Your cousin will be comforted when she receives it. Where does she live that you need to mail it? And yes, we do miss our little miss. But we got to facetime her last night and her big news was that she got another new tooth in yesterday and has two more pressing against the skin, ready to burst through. She had a bad night and was having a worse day yesterday because of that but smiled when she saw us on the phone. With the BC quilt finished, what's next on your agenda?

TINA - you did a lot yesterday! Small wonder you were tuckered! Be careful you don't overdo! We'll be rolling into Deming this afternoon. If you are up to it, we'll swing by for a short visit and drop off those thread cones I bought when my favorite LQS closed. All colors. My picky machine does NOT like it. The shop owner assured me it wasn't old thread and she used it quilting customer quilts. But maybe your machine will love it!

Tonite's supper is going to be a Rice-a-Roni with canned chicken and peas tossed in. My friend, Susie, also makes this but and adds pineapple to hers. If I had a small can of crushed on board I'd try it. I also have salad makings.

Got any ideas yet for your supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Feb 12th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:01 am

Good morning all 🌞
What a game that was! I was rooting for both teams and I thought they both played a great game, very evenly matched.
Mary, wow that little girl will be able to eat a steak soon! 🤣😂
Yes, I'm up to you visiting! My house isn't in the best shape but just don't look too closely 😎 🤣😂
I did overdue it a little yesterday but I gotta push myself some to get past this and get back to normal, it drives me nuts.
I dug through a tote yesterday, I'm looking for some flannel that I know I have, so far I haven't found it and bending over makes me dizzy but I'm on a mission to find it.
Hmmmmmm I need to look in the freezer and see what I'm making for supper......
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:10 am

Hey Girlfriends

Just a short pop-in this morning . Hmmmm What to fix for supper! Last night was grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches. Maybe tonight will be Chicken something! Saturday nite I went over to the kids, Kris had fixed a really nummy Chicken something with roasted tomatoes, spinach (which I ate) Cauliflower (which I will not touch) and Feta Cheese and Cream cheese. Man it was good. I'll have to get the recipe from her, and leave out the cauliflower!!!

Not much else going on around here. Friend Peggy is coming over for coffee in a little while so I better go do a little shine up, though Peggy doesn't judge! I at least need to find a clear spot at the dining room table to sit !!

If time permits I'll sneak back later and see what y'all are fixing tonight!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:52 am

Good late Morning,

How is Irish doing these days? Have you heard from Chickie?

The game yesterday was well played, commercials were good and the food we had was good too. We had a wonderful time!

Maryz - glad you will be home on the 20th. Cutting those travel days is wonderful. Are you going to Bakersfield to camp among the orange trees? Our oranges are really delicious. The mountains are covered in snow. The weather people are talking about another atmospheric river at the beginning of the week, but I think you will be out of CA before it hits. I hope so for your sake.

Tina - So nice you get visitors today! Hope all is well and you are feeling better.

Maryq - Glad you will get to sew this week. Don't you need to go get your shots this week? (lol) I am all caught up on all of the shots.

We had home-made chocolate ice cream for dessert last night. It was really good. I made another batch yesterday and it is in freezer. Dinner tonight is celebration of Valentine's Day at an Italian restaurant. We may have ice cream for dessert at home.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Hello everyone rainy here today It’s been another BP Day I had to go pick up new med I just pray it brings it down
I haven’t accomplished anything today
Just V try to be quiet
My BF is B picking meal up for me I choose grilled chicken and veggies and salad
Carol Glad you had a good ballgame together Your B ice cream sounds delicious
Maryz Your little Amara will be chewing on meat before long Safe travels
Tina Do take care even if you are worn out sitting Don’t be overdo
Maryq Hope your day is productive like always You accomplish so
Much
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:24 pm

Becca, my FIL's BP used to run low. It was usually due to the medication. They would adjust it and he would be fine. Hope you can figure out what's wrong so it can be corrected.

Carol, hope you have a delicious meal.

Maryq, I will not touch asparagus. If I'm at a restaurant and it comes out on my plate, I make them take it back. So disgusting. I do like Cauliflower though.

Tina, I sure hope you find the flannel. What are you going to do with it?

Mary, she lives in Spokane Washington. The quilt is on it's way as we speak. I did up some lotto blocks for guild today. I'll have to figure out something to work on, as I will be doing a mini retreat Thursday-Sunday. We just go for the day and come home at night.

I'm thinking I want tacos tonight. I have some ground beef I need to cook up.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”