Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, February 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, February 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:55 am

Good morning!

Our time here is over and we'll be on the road soon. Unfortunately more thunderstorms are predicted this morning and I hear the rain starting, so we may be delayed a bit. It is not going to be a good travel day, weather-wise. The good news, traffic will be light because it's not only Sunday, but it's Super Bowl Sunday. We have 340 miles to go today but we should make our campground in time to see the game. Yesterday at the kids was amazing! Autumn made it a very special day for us plus Amara put on quite a display of her new found walking skills. She will be running by the end of the month! And she had her first ice cream. (She wasn't impressed).

TINA - How are you feeling? We should be dropping into Deming Tuesday afternoon (12th). Hoping weather doesn't delay us as we have all our reservations made along our route. Our time here has gone quickly, but it will be four months out by the time we get home. We left day after Halloween and we'll be talking Easter by the time we dock this baby in it's home berth! Between you and me, it's too long, but it has been a great trip this year, all the way around and I wouldn't change a thing.

CAROL - happy Valentines to you and your hubby. Italian is our favorite when we go out, but we never go out on Valentine's. It will be our 32nd anniversary and we'll be spending it in one of our favorite campgrounds in AZ - nestled in among all the saguaro cacti. For two nights! We're just going to sit and REST.

BECCA - I sure wish you were able to see your friends from Franklin but with today's communications it's the next best thing. I've got your new baby's day on my calendar. Prayers for safe delivery! Autumn's was also a scheduled C-section because baby was frank breech and all went well. Do you know yet what they plan to name the new baby?

LORI - your quilt is lovely! I'll be curious to hear how it goes with the minkee. I've never sewn with it.

It's going to be a long day. We'll be tired. So I"ve pulled a container of chicken veggie orzo soup out of the freezer. And we have leftover salad from yesterday. So a no fuss supper tonite!

What sounds tempting to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, February 11th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:37 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, safe travels. I'm feeling a little better every day, I can almost do the dishes before I get shaky legs, so hopefully soon. I can get through making the bed now so it's coming along, I guess I just got hit really hard and it's taking some time. Your day yesterday sounds awesome!
We got the laundry done yesterday, Frankie actually did most of the work, I just hung up and folded.
I've got a new recipe I want to try today, it came in one of my emails for super bowl recipes, it's a pizza pretzel thing.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:36 pm

Mary, hope you made it to your location without any issues. I know you are going to miss Amara, Autumn, and Antonio, but I bet you will be glad to be home when you get there.

Tina, I'll be interested to hear how the pizza pretzel thing comes out.

I finished up the pink quilt. I cut the Minkie 1 inch bigger than the quilt and brought it around to the front. I sewed it down on the machine. It was so easy and it looks really nice. I'll be using it again. I really like the feel of it. I want to get this one in the mail tomorrow. I posted a picture in the photo section.

I think I'm going to order a pizza for dinner.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:48 pm

Hello everyone Been a Church day then lunch and walk Back & been down every since Blood pressure issues I will call Dr tomorrow
Maryz Safe travels and prayers for your trip Glad you had a good send off Thanks for your prayers and support
Tina do hope your strength is back soon
Take care of yourself
Lori You’re another whiz quilter
I had a breakfast
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:06 pm

I'm back.
Lori, I ended up making just a regular homemade pizza after all, I just didn't have enough umph to make the other. I did make green chile spinwheels, jalapeño poppers and potato skins too. I was wiped out by the time it was time for the pizza making.
Becca, I hope your BP gets to where is supposed to.
Well that was a pretty darn good game I thought, start to finish, very even matched teams. Pretty exciting! I didn't have a team so I was rooting for them both.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:51 pm

We had a mini-turkey meat loaf and made sandwiches while we watched the game. DH is from Kansas City so we did cheer for them. DH is so glad they won! I made very little progress on trimming scraps but did get some ironed. I did work at hand applique.

Lori - The poppy is from a class done by Martha Nordstrand. I did take a class from Tina Curran. She did a pieced background and instead of flowers I appliqued butterflies.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”