Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, February 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, February 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:04 am

Good morning,

Today is our very last day to babysit our little girl. We'll go back tomorrow to have lunch with them, but no more babysitting. Bittersweet. But have to admit, these old grandparents are getting tired. And we miss home. We're ready to go.

Wednesday was a rough morning for Amara but a smooth afternoon. Yesterday was the reverse - happy morning with lots of short little walks, 2 to 6 steps each. But her afternoon was full of falls, head bonks, and gassy tummy. Thank goodness for Milicon for babies. Plus her parents were late getting home. She was happy to see them! We always wonder what each day is going to hold for us all. :lol:

CAROL - I hear ya on standing for too long at the cutting table. My low back starts to ache but the fronts of my thighs go numb and then sharp pains start shooting down my thighs. I have to sit down for a while. I sort my scraps by color. Anything smaller than a fat eighth. I did cut them all up last year into squares, rectangles, strips, but find I don't use them. I get more use when I have the entire scrap. So other than snipping off tips and bits less than 1", I no longer cut them up.

TINA - I didn't realize you were a tax guru! Bill does ours, using Turbo Tax. When he has all the info (which seems to be always late arriving) it doesn't take him long. It's just doing it. I tiptoe in the hallway when going past his office during tax time. I'd be one of those folks who would be lost without their computer savvy S.O. In WA, if you are over a certain age and your income is below a certain level you are exempt from paying taxes but you still have to file.

LORI - I got one thread done on my embroidery project yesterday (Over the River and Through the Woods) by Crabapple Hill. I have all the pieced fabric portions of it finished and waiting at home. But I'm bogged down on the blackwork. Hoping to get my "-Jo" back and git 'er dun one day. Yesterday was a tiny bit of progress. Glad you have Jack to help keep you healthy! And that he loves his Grandpa. If you ever move your dad and sell his house, won't the buyers be surprised to see Jack dropping in for a quick morning snack under the kitchen table!

BECCA - when is the new baby coming? You said February and it would be a planned C-section.

MARY Q - good for you! A bowl of veggies for supper! Though that taco salad sounded pretty good, too. Are you going to KC's today to pick up your cabinet? And then a quick good-bye next week? Or maybe combine the two today and be done?? You've been so good to her for the last few years. I'm glad, though, she's going to live with family now. Glad for her and glad for you.

Last night Bill was really set on Whataburgers so that's what we had (but skipped the fries!). Went through the drivethru. Took us about 45 minutes going through the drivethru (we're still in quarantine so we didn't go inside) and we were only the third car back when we got there. The food is good, but the service rates no stars with us. This was our second time there this trip and the service was even worse the first time. That time we pre-ordered for curbside pick-up. They never made our order so obviously never brought it out to us. We finally had to go inside to get it! Unfortuneately for them, they put a place on the sales slip to send comments to headquarters and my hubby told on them! Both times. lol!

Tonite - we're grilling burgers and I'll make a salad on the side. I know - burgers two nights in a row. Too bad. It should still be fairly warm out come suppertime and we have burger buns that aren't getting any fresher sitting in the bread basket. So burgers it is. The last supper we'll be cooking here.

What's for supper at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, February 9th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:23 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I hope today is a happy little baby girl day to finish off your babysitting stint.
Yes, I love numbers and loved doing our taxes and anyone else's, it was my happy LOL
We haven't eaten at Whataburger for several years but service seems to be like that a lot of places unfortunately.
Carol, same here about standing for too long....I keep trying to figure out a better way but so far no luck.
We ended up having burgers on the grill and potatoes at Jazmyne's request last night. Tonight I'm thinking chicken fajitas or maybe chicken Alfredo..... it'll be something with chicken though. And we'll have fresh salad or fresh raw veggies.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:55 pm

Hello everyone a cloudy day withthreating skies but no rain yet I had to do Hall laps Water aerobics this morning I always do my gym work too
Then FaceTime with Keith Then my BF from Franklin called me I got my laundry done in between
And C took care of business At from desk
Tina You are a rare breed to love to do taxes That’s a dreaded necessity
Lori Cutting kills my back because I don’t have a cutting table
Carol I think you’re the one who no had back issues due to that sorry
Maryz Its Feb 19 c section
Sorry your little girl had problems I am sure she didn’t feel good I’m sure you are ready for Home There’s no place like Home
I choose grilled chicken baked potatoe mixed veggies
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:31 pm

I finished up the breast cancer quilt. I used 6 blocks that Tina sent me, and made 6 more to go with them. I did have to redo one of the ribbon blocks.
I got some soft pink minkie to go on the back. I'll try and finish it up this weekend. It'll be going to my cousins wife who had a double mastectomy last month.

Dinner will be leftovers.

Sleep well
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”