Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 am

Good morning,

We are off to Amara's early this morning. We need to leave by 6:30 so I'm in a bit of a hurry. Aut has a board meeting at 8 and she needs to get there to set up for it. Yesterday was not a happy morning for our little girl. She'd had a bad night and was so tired. But a 2-1/2 hour nap made for a much more cheerful afternoon. When she's sleeping so is Pop. I do dishes, fold laundry, or read. A couple days I took fabric to cut during naptime. I also have embroidery I can do if my hands aren't too achy. The days go quickly. Tomorrow is our last day.

BECCA - I think if all the residents made written comments, good and bad, about different dishes, it might help the chefs, especially since they are new. You said Avery was taking a few steps. Did you mean Frankie? Autumn says she thinks it would be nice to have a golden retriever to grow up with Amara, but I don't think Antonio is on board with the thought of a dog.

LORI - I have to have paper, too - calendar, map, bills, etc. I'm a paper person. My ex SIL thought I was nuts - maps are right there on my phone! Well, when you want a map of an entire state or the country, the phone just doesn't do it for me! I can see why Wrigley doesn't mind rain - with his coat, probably none of it actually gets to his skin! lol!

TINA - you are right - paperwork and tired don't mix well. Neither does cutting fabric or sewing.

Our pizza last night morphed into creamy chicken/veggie/orzo soup. And it was sooo good! We have enough left for another night but I froze it for a meal on the road. Tonite, Bill wants to stop at Whataburger (I would rather grill our own). He will order them today for curbside pick up. Of course, we need to know what time kids will be home, and it's usually about 3:30 but not always. Autumn is the boss so she needs to handle unexpected things that pop up. But, one way or another, we'll have burgers tonite.

What do you plan to have?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Feb 8th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:51 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, sorry Amara had a rough night but yay for naps ❤️ I always took advantage of kiddos naptimes to do things around the house but some days with grands naps for me took a front seat too LOL I'm both you and Bill on that 😂
I've eaten Whataburger a couple times, they're good but pricey, enjoy! I have to have maps too Mary, I love atlas's!
Becca, I think Mary's idea about suggestions is a great idea, maybe a suggestion box is needed.
Lori, I like everything wrote down on paper too. I'd be lost without my calendar. Phones don't do it for me either.
I saw the other night on the news where the IRS is coming out with their own free tax filing site because they never intended for taxes to be a paid service like Turbo Tax and the likes. I personally wish they'd go back to mailing out the paper ones to be filled out, to me they were so much simpler and straight forward.....if something didn't pertain to me then I just flipped the page, you can't do that with online.....you have to answer a gazillion questions to get to the next part and that usually doesn't pertain to me either. I've always been able to use EZ and could today if it existed. Ok I'm stepping down off my soapbox.
I'm doing a little better each day but it's slow going. Yesterday I did get all the paperwork done and the check books all happy, that was a huge relief. Papers were filed and my table was all clean again, I can't stand it when I have stuff on my table. I had a stack several inches high that was just trash junk mail type.
I think I'll see if there's a roast in the freezer for supper tonight and put it in the crockpot. Today Dad does get his cancer meds injections, I feel for him, he's told me how bad they hurt so if you could spare a prayer for him we'd really appreciate it.
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:19 am

Good morning !

What's for supper? That's the million dollar question!!! Every morning as I wander to my kitchen for my coffee I start thinking about what to fix. Since I went out to lunch yesterday I and had a big patty melt (was a good girl and skipped the french fries) I had just a big bowls of my chopped veggies with a couple crackers. Tonight might be more of the same... or I might take out some left over taco meat of the freezer and heat that up for a big taco salad!

Maryz... Hope Miss Amara has a better day today!! And a nice long nap so your and Gramps can get a little rest too!

Tina... Do you always do your own taxes? I haven't an the same accountant for probably 20 some years. Since have retirement accounts from when I was working... all that stuff is over my head and I'd rather let them do it! I just cross my fingers every year that I don't have to pay in! If I take Extra money from the IRA accounts, I end up paying!! I think that after a certain age you just shouldn't have to PAY anymore at all! Wouldn't that be nice?? :lol: :lol:

Lori... I'm with you... gotta have a paper calendar. Tho I can in a pinch tell Alexa to remind me of some task or appointment, I like my calendars. One by my desk, one in the kitchen and one in the sewing room! Does your Dad live alone now that your brother has passed--is he close by?

Becca.... I missed it.. do you have another Great Grand Baby Avery? How are the twins doing? Are they 3 now?

Well, guess I better get in gear, I really want to sew up some new lotto blocks today. An old customer of ours from back when we owned the drugstore stopped by for a visit the other day. I hadn't seen her in years, but she somehow learned that I sew!!! (I think Katie squealed) Anyway, she's going to work for the brand spankin' new Dollar Tree store in town and asked if I would sew her a couple aprons. Ok fine, I can ! So that will be the weekend plan. Tomorrow I go to KC's and then perhaps one day next week. After that she will be moving to Arkansas and I can get my life more back to normal!! :lol:

Probably won't see you tomorrow, but will check in on Saturday

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:22 am

Hello everyone sunny & a nice day here I just got back from Drug store
I had to get meds refilled
Today is my Dads 112 Heavenly Birthday
Maryz You are right It was Frankie Avery is 8 We do have a comment box & cards on the table I have filled a couple before but that doesn’t mean he will do it I just mainly do soup and salad
I used to make great strides while my kids napped Cleaned Dishes etc
Tina Yes we make suggestions but they don’t go over big
Hope Dads shot isn’t bad I will pray for him
Maryq Always glad to see you I talked to Levi last nite he said Brodee is talking more and doing good at School Both sets of twins are doing good I see 1 set every week Levi is of course looking for work and doing odd jobs until he finds out about what UPS is doing
Brodee and Hadlee are now 4 Other 2 sets are both 6yrs old
I promised Chris my DGS last night that I would do him a Teddy Bear out of PawPas old shirt so that may be my day
I choose Ham n Cheese sandwich and broccoli n cauliflower
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:12 am

Becca, I can't believe the twins are already 4 and 6. Where does the time go.

Maryq, yes, my dad lives up the street from me. It's easy to go up if he needs something. He is on his own now, and he doesn't like it. His dementia is about stage 5, so when I travel this year I'll have to plan for people to check on him.

Tina, I thought you could still pick up the paperwork from the Post Office. Can you have them send it to you? What if someone doesn't have access to a computer, what do they do. Things have gotten way to complicated. I do my taxes Using Turbo tax. It's pretty easy, but does take time going through all the questions.

Maryz, hope Amara got some sleep and has a better day. Glad she was happier after her nap. I always have an embroidery project or two that I can grab and go. I hate to be sitting around places waiting with nothing to do.

It's a beautiful morning today. Cold, 43*, but clear and sunny when I got up. It's supposed to get up to 58*. Still cold to me. I was listening to an audio book and doing a small embroidery project this morning. Of course this was after Jack took me for a walk. He's so happy to be out and about. He loves walking up to my dads. He pulls towards the house once he sees it.

Today I'm to going to clean out one of the kitchen cabinet. It's a big one in the corner. I ordered new storage containers, because so many of the lids have broke. I ordered new lids a while back, but they didn't seem to last very long. I getting rid of the old and replacing it with the new.

Dinner will be chili. I've been out of chili mix, but ordered some and it will be here today.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:39 pm

I'm back.
Maryq, I used to do our taxes all the time. I went to college when I was in my late 30's and I was going to be a CPA, I was top of my class, even have an award. The IRS offered me a job in Texas but I didn't want to move. I used to volunteer doing taxes at the college, I loved it! I'm a numbers gal. But with the solar tax credits it's over my head plus I didn't keep up with all the new laws. So last year we had to have someone do ours. Here in NM there is an age you don't have to pay taxes anymore but I don't remember what it is. I know my Dad doesn't have to because of his age and he's only on SS but I still file for him in case they want to send him any incentive checks, I started doing it for him during covid because he wouldn't get them otherwise.
Becca, Dad's home and really hurting and sick feeling, breaks my heart. He's staying home resting. The twins are growing too fast! I'm always looking up recipes and trying new things, wish your cooks were better. I made a teddy bear once and it went to a kids hospital, I was sent her picture, I still have it. They aren't too hard.
Lori, our post office and library no longer have the paper tax forms. They can be ordered online for certain forms but as far as I can tell you can't get the books they used to send out. I've wondered that too about what people do that don't have or know how to work a computer, Frankie is one of those people. I got all my kitchen cabinets cleaned out a couple weeks ago but I could probably get rid of more stuff LOL
I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm kinda draggin.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:20 pm

Good evening,
I am still ironing, cutting and sorting. I really shouldn't say sorting because I am only sorting by size not color. After working too much at one time yesterday I am trying to limit to 30 minutes of cutting. Standing and cutting just makes my back ache.

Dinner was Garden Vegetable Soup with Quinoa. I made a delicious Quinoa for lunch today. I cooked a few pieces of red onion and added garlic then I put some cold, cooked Quinoa in the pan and warmed it. I ate it with canned pears. It was very good!

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”