Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Feb 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Feb 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:46 am

Good morning!

It's a dark morning here so I'm guessing a cloudy day is coming our way. But 67*! :) . OK for strolling Baby Girl with a sweater. Though she won't be a baby much longer, but a toddler! And we don't have to keep her steps to ourselves any longer because she walked for her parents - 4 steps. So look out kitties! She's 10 months old today. Autumn says she now understands why moms of "big heavy toddlers" are so excited to see and hold newborns! :lol: She is already missing her "baby".

Today is also sheets and towels day. Autumn has offered the use of her washer/dryer while we're here and we're taking good advantage of that offer. Our park laundry is expensive - when the appliances are working. Tomorrow or Friday will be our regular clothes. Next laundry stop will be in Gig Harbor, WA!!!

LORI - so glad Jack got out! And that you're waterproof! CA needed rain, but good gosh Molly! Did you really need it all at once!?

BECCA - the kids already suggested that we are more than welcome to stay through March or even April! lol! It's not our company that is so enticing, I'm sure, but our willingness to babysit. But we're tired and we miss home. This time we're going. Have you ever tried quilting a baby quilt on your machine? Not the most fun thing in the world to me, but do-able. Actually, Chickie has been quilting a lot of baby quilts on her machine and she loves it. If you have new cooks, I hope they are better than the old ones. Or do you already know? . . . It must be hard to cook for so many and make everyone happy. I know I could never even please everyone in my family of 5!

TINA - what fun and unique memories! Sure makes you like peas! (btw, I love them). At our house, Bill is the paperwork person. I used to be in my old life, but when we got married he asked if he could do it - well, heck yeah!! And now I would be lost without him. I am so not a computer person. What you're seeing right now is just about the most I can do - this and ordering from QIAD.

MARY Q - Yay! You're officially in the club! And congrats on learning to eat more veggies. Did I ever tell you about my step-nephew-in-law, a detective in Parker, CO (near Sharona's house). He refuses to eat veggies of any kind. He ended up having to have 52 polyps removed during his colonoscopy. All pre-cancerous. Dr told him he HAD to eat more veggies! He still refuses. So I'm thrilled that you are! And broccoli isn't my favorite either, though we do eat it now and then. Last two nights, actually. At home, I roast (bake?) it with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and at the last minute, top it with parmesan. Does your SIL have her Cricut machine in their Airstream?

We have leftover chicken that we grilled last night so I think I'll dice it up and make a pizza. I might use alfredo sauce from a jar which means I'll be making alfredo something with the last half of the jar soon.

What delicious thing are you cooking up for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Feb 7th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:50 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, yay the cat's out of the bag on Amara walking! That's good you get to do your laundry while babysitting, you'll be already to pull out Sunday. I laughed when you were saying about you and Bill and paperwork and computers..... I'm Bill here and Frankie is you LOL
I didn't get all my paperwork finished yesterday, I got too tired and tired and paperwork don't mix well so I'm hoping to get the job done today.
Our soup turned out delicious last night and I'm looking forward to the leftovers tonight.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:11 am

Mary, I can't believe she is already 10 months. That's so wonderful that you got to see her walking. Good thing the cats have high places to get away.

Tina, I do both paper and computer. Depends on the task. Also, I find a paper calendar better that the phone/computer. I keep it open to the days page so I know what I have going on.

It's not raining this morning. Yay! We're supposed to get scattered showers for a few day though. The boys will be happy to get out of the house and walk. Yesterday Wrigley went out and just stood in the rain.
It's doesn't bother him if it's raining. It's us that don't like a big wet dog.

I have a few thing to take care of today for my dad. Also his house keeper is coming. Way less for them to do since Mark is no longer there. He was the messy one. I'll probably sew something this afternoon.
I have a breast cancer quilt top to put together. So maybe that.

Dinner will be teriyaki chicken and rice with a veggie of some kind. Might go to the farmers market and find something this morning.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:14 pm

Hello Everyone I had a nice post written & Denise knocked so I have to do no over
It’s a beautiful day and we went downtown Denise found Avery’s gifts for Valentines all fairy related
We ate lunch out then took a long walk
They just left They brought me flowers for valentines
Maryz The cooks here are new and I guess learning the ropes I am choosing mostly soup and salad I feel that’s safer
Denise said Avery will go a few steps & then grab something She has a dog and She loves it
Tina I have to be you now CA always did it as long as he was able then I took over I sure don’t love it I did it all last night
Lori Glad your Dad doesn’t have as much mess That’s easier for all We are to get showers next few days too I have been enjoying my outside walks so nice
Tonight is family night so It will be a surprise I had soup for lunch
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”