Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 am

Good morning,

52 yrs ago today, I spent the entire day in labor. I will be calling Lara later today! What a joy she was! Worth every minute!

We're doing a short babysitting gig today so the parents can go out for some together time before we leave. It was going to be tomorrow, but they switched because of weather. Not sure what they plan but it's going to be outdoors. So we're going in late - 11am. So this morning I put together a chicken enchilada casserole and then I hope I can get my fox quilt finished. Tomorrow I might start assembling my Fab Farm blocks. That will be my last real sewing day. But most mornings I can squeeze out 30-60 min so maybe I'll keep the machine out a few more days. :D I also emptied the freezer and took inventory and made out the next, and probably last, shopping list. I'm going to get a pot of chili going tomorrow and will freeze leftovers for travel meals. So nice to have something to just pull out and reheat on those longer days.

BECCA - I sure admire your dedication to your aerobics and other exercise. I try to walk every single morning and at home, I do - with my neighbor, Lori. And walking the roads in our RV park give us about 1.25 miles. But with babysitting, it's hard to fit it in unless we want to walk in the dark. Which we don't. How is that little quilt coming?

LORI - I feel for you going through this difficult time. Made even more challenging because of your dad's issues. How sad for him - and for you - to have to relive this every day. God bless. I'm sure Jack is helping all he can! Dogs know what we need. Dogs are some of my favorite people.

TINA - glad you are improving but wish it was faster for you. I've heard that fatigue is just about the worst symptom of Covid once you are over the initial few days. Just keep resting. Hope you have a lot of good books! A good time to maybe inventory your quilting books - sit on a chair at your bookcase. Or organize a tote of scraps or Christmas or some other not-very-demanding task. Quilty of course. You are way too sick to clean linen closets or kitchen cabinets! lol!

Well, I already told you that we're having chicken enchilada casserole. I just put all the ingredients together in layers instead of enchilada style. We'll see how it goes. I didn't follow any recipe.

What are you concocting for your supper tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Feb 3rd

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:07 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Hope you are able to make your Bakersfield stop in the orange grove. Our orange tree has huge, delicious although somewhat ugly oranges on it right now. DH cannot resist picking more than one at a time so three are now sitting on the countertop. He has been told not to pick more than one. I like to go out and pick one and eat it.

It seems to me that you have seen not only Amara, but also A & A more this year than in the past years. I am sure you will miss them all. You have had a good visit getting to babysit.

Tina - Are you done with the round of Paxlovid? I love the idea of sorting scraps. When I had Covid I couldn't trust myself to sew. I felt very tired too and knew I would make mistakes.

I have the quilting classes to sort through in paperwork now. I washed and ironed the fabric for the next Intra-Guild project. We are asking everyone to make a center block and then we will give them blocks to add to it. I found a poppy applique project for my center that I started years ago. I need background fabric for it before I can sew it down. I bought some fabric the other day and I now know what color I want for the background. I found a small piece in my scraps, but it isn't big enough. It is a pale periwinkle tone-on-tone.

Last night we had leftover Barley and Vegetable Soup. Tonight, we are going to a party so not sure what we will eat.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I think you get more sewn in 30 minutes than I do in 2 hours! You go girl! Happy birthday to Lara! I hope A&A enjoy their date today.
Carol, yes I've finished the paxlovid thankfully this morning was my last dose. I don't trust myself to do much of anything that requires thought.... Holly was texting me the other night about payments and stuff she was figuring out and I was lost and numbers are my favorite!
I tested last night before supper needed to be made and I tested negative! Yay! I mostly made supper, there was a lot of setting at the table involved because I kept having Jello legs but I got it done and we both appreciated that! I made the rolled chicken enchiladas with green enchilada sauce and I made spanish rice, it was yummy and we have leftovers for supper tonight!
We have nasty wind and cold today but I'm staying inside where it's nice and warm.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:17 am

Hello everyone Beautiful and sunny here but cold I went to Cornhole Then gym
After lunch I did some walking I try to get at least 31/2 to 4 miles a day
Now ballgame is on but big one at 6:30
Also talked to first cousin
Maryz I got all blocks cut out & animals
I will wait until I get some wonder under for appliqué
And I got color’s arranged and animals in order
Tina Covid recovery going es slow so don’t push Take It easy
Glad you were able to get your meal made
Carol you are always organizing or tidying up something on sewing That’s funny how men are Pick them all
I choose grilled chicken baked apples mushrooms and peas
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:59 am

Mary, Happy birthday to Laura. Glad A & A could change there day out so they can enjoy the weather. Yes, dogs and cats are wonderful comforting creatures. Our new routine is to go to walk up to my dad's house where Jack says good morning. We've been doing this for a few weeks now, and if I try and go a different way, he stops and looks at me. He loves to go see grandpa. There's always little bits of food on the floor. lol

Becca, can't wait to see you quilt with animals.

Carol, yes fresh oranges off the tree are much better than ones sitting on the counter.

Tina, so glad you are getting back to normal. You'll get your strength back slowly. Just give it some time.

Jack a I walked this morning. It was cool, but pretty out. I ran into a couple of neighbors that have offered to help out with my dad. He's lived there almost 58 years so most everyone who's been there for a while knows him.

On a sad note, my son Jonathan had to put his boxer/hound mix dog down yesterday. Hunny Bunny had been failing for a while. We noticed it when she was here over the last year. I feel so bad for him. Our dogs and cats are so very special to us. She did spend a lot of time with me in the sewing room when she was here. I will miss her sweet face.
We ended up having pizza last night, so I'll make the grilled chicken and potatoes tonight.
Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”