Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:31 am

Good morning,

It's Ground Hog Day! Let's hope the rodent gives us good news! This big event is happening on TV right now! Stay tuned for the big announcement. Though I have no complaints about this past week - it's been gorgeous here, though today is forceast to be not so much.

This is our last day babysitting this week. We have tomorrow off, then back at it on Sunday. Aut works one Sunday per month. Babysitting Amara isn't hard work. The living room is a big playpen. All doorways have gates and all the furniture is pushed to the walls and sharp edges are padded by quilts and blankets. Everything she can reach is Ok for her to play with. There are some cube shelving units here and there with toys. And she plays so well by herself. So we don't have to do much chasing unless we want to. And we usually want to! lol! However, I still come home tired.

I've got my fox quilt half together. I'll finish it up tomorrow morning and sewing will be wrapped up for this trip.

BECCA - sorry that BP just won't behave itself! So sorry to hear Levi's hours have been cut. I hope it's only temporary. Though it will be nice to have more time to spend with his family when the new baby arrives. But money is good, too, for that family.

CAROL - I think you will enjoy that speaker!

TINA - glad you are feeling better. I would think your sewing room would be just fine for you to go into if you would like to. Who else spends any time in there? And any virus you shed won't survive for long. So if you are up to it - I think you should feel free to sew!

Big news! Early spring is on the way according to Phil!!

And our supper tonite in our trailer is going to be pesto pasta.
What's your plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Feb 2nd

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:09 am

Hello everyone Sunny here today Don’t know about His Shadow but we sure have one
I’m always ready for Spring
Maryz You will surely miss little Amara Just enjoy your time left with them
Hope your trip home is uneventful
I knew you would finish all your projects Wish I was as fast
I did aerobics and gym work
I plan to go back to quilt after Keith calls
Choose grilled chicken and salad and green veggies
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:38 am

I actually like all the seasons. Even winter. I'm in no hurry to go to the next until it is time.
That is except for summer when it's blazing hot for over a month, then I'm ready to move on to fall.

Becca, enjoy your sunshine. It's been in and out here this morning.

Tina, glad you are feeling better.

It rained yesterday. We did get a bit of a break in the afternoon, so I took Jack for a walk. He was very happy. I've just been taking care of things for my dad and brother. Not a lot to do for my brother, but a few things. I'll have to wait for death certificates to close out his bank account. My poor dad forgets Mark died and has to relive it over and over again. I wonder how long this will go on. I do a write up of events daily and leave it with him so he knows what's happened.

I really need to clean my house today. There is an abundance of dog hair since they've been in the house more.

Dinner will be grilled chicken and potatoes.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:59 pm

Hi all 😊
I was here earlier but Dad called and I forgot to come back and post.
Mary, you work day sounds fun. I thought I might make it into my sewing room today but I cleaned my bathroom and was exhausted, I feel so lazy it's crazy how tired this makes me. Wow, you're almost done with the fox quilt already?! Awesome!
Becca, you'll have that quilt finished in no time I'm sure.
Lori, I'm with you, I like all the seasons too except the hot hot summer temps when to walk outside it feels like a million hot needles poking me. I just wish we didn't have wind no matter the temps, that's what makes it icky. I feel so bad for you and your dad, it's got to be rough on your heart to have to retell him every day and hard on his heart to experience for the first time each day 💔 🙏
We're going to have chicken enchiladas and spanish rice for supper..... let's see how my instructions get through...... we had pot pies last night but I'm getting tired of not my food, I think I'm getting an idea of how Becca feels.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”