Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, February 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, February 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:38 am

Good morning and welcome to February,

Yesterday's babysitting was a bit different. Usually our little charge is full of smiles and loves playing with her toys. But not yesterday. She was very subdued, seemed hungry but wouldn't eat much, didn't play, and didn't smile much. We think she's working on her fourth tooth. Hopefully today our happy little girl will be back.

I finished cutting my fox quilt and got the first (and easiest) of four columns sewn together. This pattern is made in columns. I won't have much time for sewing this morning before we go because we've been asked to come an hour early. I hope I can get the top finished on Saturday. We're babysitting half of Sunday so my sewing time will be just about done. I will pack it all away when I get this top finished.

LORI - Please accept my condolances on the loss of your brother. I've lost two brothers and I'm too familiar with that pain. God bless you and may He ease the path ahead for you and for your dad.

TINA - glad you are showing some improvement. Sounds like the Paxlovid is doing its job. And no, as much as Amara loves the 3 kitties, I don't think her affection is returned. It's more like tolerance. And when she starts walking/running that tolerance will be tested.

BECCA - I hope your BP is settling down - or up, maybe in your case?

We were going to have BLT's last night, but when we picked up our grocery order and got it home, there was no "L"! They forgot ALL of our refridgerated items. (lesson learned to double check before leaving store) So, since we'd ordered a frozen lasagna intended for a quick meal on the road home, we popped that into the oven instead. It wasn't very good. Tonite, we're having bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. Hopefully it will be warm enough to cook it all outside on the griddle.

What's the supper story at your house?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, February 1st

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:12 am

Good Morning,

Lori - My deepest condolences on the loss of your brother. Like Mary I too have lost two brothers and know how difficult the loss feels. You think your siblings will be around to see you grow old and talk about the memories you share.

Maryz - Hope Amara feels better today. Hope you get you quilt put together. When my nephew was little, he pretended he was the gardener with the blower. Your story of the vacuum reminded me of that story. It was a pleasant picture in my head.

Tina - Glad you are feeling better.

Becca - Hope you too are feeling better.

Yesterday I made Barley Vegetable Soup. Today we go to a Speaker Series (Liz Cheney) so I think it will be a bowl of soup for dinner.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:28 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I hope your happy little girl is back today. It's so rough for them not to be able to tell us what's wrong. I can picture the chase being on between her and the kitties LOL
That's crazy they left your fridge stuff out of your order, I hope they didn't charge you for them.
Becca, I hope your BP is where it's supposed to be today.
Lori, that's so heartbreaking that you have to retell your dad about your brother 🙏🙏🙏
Carol, what are you working on lately? I'm wanting to get in my sewing room but I'm confined to a small part of our house..... which is probably better so I don't contaminate more things.
I'm really wanting some eggs but Frankie doesn't know how to make them and the kitchen is off limits to me. I'll be glad to get over this crapola! I'm doing better today, feel human again and getting antsy so all that sounds good. We had the windows and doors open yesterday and will again today because it's going to be 70 today and then for 5 days it's gonna be yucky weather. The quilt is already washed and hanging out on the line and the other bedclothes are being washed, my nurse is doing a pretty good job. I'm probably not a good patient because I want things cleaned constantly but he's doing pretty good..... although he does complain LOL. He thinks I'm too over the top, oh well. Happy to report he's still testing negative.
Supper will be a surprise again. We did have pizza last night, it was good. My taste is only off on some things so far and my smell is off on some things too.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:02 am

Tina - Glad you are feeling better.

I am working on paper. I went looking for something on my bookshelf on Sunday and I ended up reorganizing my notebooks. I especially am working on the notebook of the Guild Workshops I have taken. Several of the workshops resulted in UFO's and I had the papers in different places. I need to be able to find things! It saves time in the end. My bookshelf is looking much neater already and I not only found the project I was looking for but also a book I thought I had given away that I needed. I will be making good use of my label maker for the next couple of weeks or until I finish making labels for the dividers in the notebook. I had dividers luckily.

I also found a table runner that I had started hand quilting and our old cat scrath scratched creating holds in one square. I found a spare square so am replacing it. I am thinking about ripping out the hand quilting and just doing it by machine so it will get done. I am all about finishing projects!

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:23 pm

Hello I have had a busy day Went shopping this morning Got my groceries then went baby gift shopping Then went to Joanns
Got a couple pieces of fabric I needed Been cutting blocks The my BF here come to okay my backing fabric
Then man had to repair commode
My BP has been low today She told me to Record every morning and night reading Take my cup and go in In 3 weeks
I have been thru this several times It would help if she knew my body better I don’t think it will ever be stable
Maryz Sounds like Amara is teething It treats them rough
Sorry about order That happened to a man here only they bought him someone else’s order along with his They told him to keep it He distributed it among us
Tina I’m glad you are improving Just keep resting
Carol You are really improving your shelves
Great to find items missing
I will work on quilt tomorrow if nothing pops up
I would appreciate prayers for Levi and family His hrs were cut at UPS And he has Brodee Hadlee and another due this month
Thanks
Becca
Oh I had salad egg salad on whole wheat & fruit

Return to “Chit Chat”