Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, January 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, January 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:12 am

Good morning,

Today would be my 53rd wedding anniversary with Mike. Bittersweet. At least I'll be spending the day with our daughter and grand daughter. He would be so proud of them.

The weather has taken a lovely turn this week - 70 degrees all the way to the weekend. It was so nice to be able to sit outside on the patio when we got home yesterday and simply enjoy it. We even cooked outside and ate at the picnic table! Today - more of the same!

It was a great day with Miss Boots. She was so happy to see us! Big smiles and reaching for us! Antonio told us that the whole time his mom and step dad were visiting, she was reaching for our picture! (His mom left them when he was a toddler and didn't raise him and his brother so he doesn't feel much closeness with her). She wants to walk so badly, but her balance isn' quite there yet. Though, if there's a cat close by, she makes a stronger effort!

TINA - I'm sorry you are so sick but glad you got to talk to a doctor and have an Rx now. But if you get worse - off to the ER with you! Compromised Respiratory System is nothing to fool with. And yes, people camp on Valentines Day (it's our anniversary and we've always camped on that day - too hard to get into a restaurant! - and it looks like we'll be spending our anniv this year at Picacho Peak St Park near Tucson, one of our favorite places. But it's also 3-day Presidents Weekend and the campgrounds REALLY fill up for holidays of any kind!

BECCA - I don't understand why my pickles always fail either. And it's not just one jar, but the entire batch! I follow directions to the letter. And it happens every time. I am pickle jinxed. Are you cutting baby quilt pieces? How is Charlie doing on her walking?

CAROL - you got some small organizing done yesterday I see. Always feels good. After a HUGE purge and cleanout 5 yrs ago, we keep a donation box in the garage and anything I am done with, in it goes! And I don't allow myself to go through it when it's full. I want no second-guessing and be tempted to save stuff I don't need! Did your hubby see that play where the quarterback passed to himself? I bet that was a first and one for the recordbooks. He tossed it, opponent deflected it, ball went into the air, the QB fought his way through about 4 guys, caught the ball as it came down and ran for 13 yards! LOL!

Supper tonite is going to be Yankee dip sandwiches done on the grill. (shh . . . . we're in Texas so I can't say that too loudly). And we'll do some french fries in the air fryer. And maybe some stuffed celery.

Have you got a plan yet?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, January 30th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:50 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I think our weather here is supposed to be nice too, I hope anyway. Maybe I can go sit outside for awhile if it is. That's so sweet for her to be reaching for you and so happy to see you.
So far my main problem is horrible headaches and my sneezing fits don't help that at all. My eyes and nose pour and my balance isn't great. This medicine makes my mouth taste like turpentine smells, so I imagine my mouth tastes like turpentine. I'm drinking tons of water and I have a cup of oj in the morning and usually a cup of apple juice later in the day. I don't usually drink that much juice but if I don't drink something besides water then my water starts tasting yucky to me for some reason. I know our water is fine and tastes really good but covid has changed the way it tastes to me right now.
Frankie cooked pork chops on the grill last night and made baked potatoes. Not sure what tonight will be yet.

Oh Mary, are Yankee dip sandwiches the same as french dip sandwiches?

Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:20 am

Hello everyone I had an early Dr appointment for wellness check All was fine
Then cleaning ladies came I went to gym & did routine and made laps around halls
Maryz Its Frankie Her Dad said she still holds on some so she’s not confident yet
I cut squares for baby Quilt
Tina I sure hope that goes away soon I know the feeling Not good
I choose Pancakes Our Church meal is canceled due to funeral and feeding the family
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:44 pm

Mary, glad you are spending the day with the ones who remind you of your late husband.
I bet little miss boots is eating up all the love and attention she gets from you and Bill. She's going to miss you as much as you miss her.

Tina, when I had covid, my taste was off for about 2 months. Everything tasted awful. I didn't take anything for it, so maybe yours will go back to normal faster. Hope you are resting and drinking plenty of fluids.

Becca, pancakes are an excellent choice for dinner.

It's been a rough couple days. My brother was moved to an acute care facility on Sunday night, and then taken back to the hospital this morning. They say he has pneumonia and sepsis. I signed the paperwork for Hospice yesterday, but they had not contacted the place he was staying which is why he was taken back to the hospital. I took my dad to see him this morning and he looked pretty bad. It's been really hard on my dad, and he has a hard time even remembering he went to visit. He just called as I was typing this to ask if we saw him today. I usually type up notes for the day and leave them with him, but our day got a little out of whack.

Bill and I went to a late lunch and shared a huge corned beef sandwich. So no dinner.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:40 pm

Tina - The Paxlovid gives a bad taste, but it goes away when you finish the dose of five days. I suggested you get some hard candy. Hot tea is another way to deal with it.

Dinner was Farro, broccoli and a salad.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”