Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:17 am

Good morning,

I am late! Woke up a few minutes later than usual. Showered, and then washed and chopped veggies and chicken for supper tonite, and made lunches for us and Scottie. We're going to "work" today! Can't wait to get my hands and smoochers on our little girl! It's a nice day here so we'll probably load her into the stroller and take a walk.

Yesterday I got my four fox quilts finished. And about 2/3 of my background & trees cut. I have 30 min before we have to leave so I hope to get a bit more cut. The few sewing days I have left have been shaved down to just 2. Bill started looking at rezzies for our trip home and because of Valentine's and Pres Day campground sites are scarce so to get a place we have to leave a few days early. So we'll be upping anchor on Super Bowl Sunday and starting for home that day. We're both ready. Love our Scabooch but home is calling.

Tina, I hope you're feeling better but I'd really haul you off to Urgent Care if I were there and get a diagnosis. They can help with both flu and Covid, if you have either of those. Your little guy is adorable! Bet you can't keep your hands off him when he's around!

Becca - You mentioned creamed potatoes. I haven't thought of them in years! Mom used to make them with peas. Yum! A delicious bite from the past!

Carol - we watched both games yesterday, too, and cheered for the same teams your hubby did. Was sad to see the Lions lose. We also have had water turned off at our park. Not a big deal as we were prepared and filled our fresh water tank in the trailer so we were good. They have several water pipes at sites that apparently froze and burst in the freeze. They still aren't fixed. Oh, and no, I haven't tried that recipe for pickles. I do a lot of canning, etc and I've tried pickles many times using all the "no-fail" recipes people give me. Well guess what!! In my kitchen they fail! I've given up.

Tonite we're having veggie stirfry with leftover chicken added in. Over Jasmine rice. I've got everything prepped and when we get home late this afternoon it will be nice enough to cook it all outside. We have a great outdoor stove with two burners or we can add a BBQ grill. We won't need it tonite but we also have our toaster oven/air fryer outside that we use often.

What's on your menu tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 29th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:54 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, yay for "working" today! I guess I didn't realize people camped on Valentines Day, I didn't know that was a thing but why not every other holiday is. Enjoy your work day!!
Well I could not lay down and breath last night, my CPAP machine didn't help me at all so I moved into the living room in my recliner. I froze and had a low under normal reading on the thermometer all day yesterday and last night it got so bad my teeth were chattering. After that stopped the fever hit. 🤒 I ran a fever all night. I tested for covid again and sadly it's positive this morning. I'll be calling the Dr's office as soon as they open. Needless to say I won't be doing any sewing till I'm well, my eyes are watering so bad that I can barely see.
I don't have even a tiny clue what supper will be, it'll be whatever Frankie makes.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:11 am

Hello everyone a sunny day here but cool
I just finished aerobics I hope to get some cutting done today
Maryz I can’t understand why you can’t make pickles Thers all kinds of recipes and very simple
Enjoy your time left with Amara Tgey grow so fast

Tina It sounds like the flu My son was that way So do take care & rest all you can
I will try my best to get work done today I wish I was as fast as Mary Everything here is lots harder
I choose baked potatoe and a baked banned food and apple sauce
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:17 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday I went looking for a piece of applique I started years ago. I thought it was in a notebook so I started on book shelf. I did find it but it was in a plastic box. I also found a book that I thought I had accidentally given away. Today I will spend some time combining notebooks and putting some projects with notebooks. I did find a few things I will be giving away.

Tina - You might try calling the pharmacy and asking if they can prescribe Paxlovid. I have heard that they are able to prescribe. It does keep people out of the hospital. Be sure to get some hard candy if you do take it for the combatting the bad taste.

Maryz - DH enjoyed both games but was quite upset with the Lions playing. You have gotten more sewing time in than you thought you would get originally so I think you have made great progress. Have fun with Amara! Enjoy the days with her. I hope she takes her first steps before you leave.

Becca - Hope you enjoy your day! A day starting with exercise is a good day. What are you cutting?

Dinner will be a salad, farro, and broccoli tonight.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”