Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, January 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, January 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:34 am

Good morning,

We are really burning through January! I'm almost accustomed to "2024" now. We'll have that groundhog to contend with next Friday! And our weather this coming week is forecast to be in the 60's. Spring is just 7 weeks away!

TINA - sorry you are sick. Like Lori said, I'm sure stress exacerbated whatever you have. Don't forget, if you test too soon for Covid, it might come up false NEG. You should probably test again a couple days after your first test just to be sure. Hope you are feeling better soon.

LORI - I'm so sorry your dad and your brother are in the situation they are in and that you are responsible for them both. I always think it's best to keep people in their home and familiar surroundings as long as possible, but sometimes, it just isn't possible. I wish you well!

Tonite is supposed to be decent grilling weather so it's going to be chicken and whatever we put with it. Tomorrow we'll have leftover chicken/veggie stirfry over rice. But still need to figure out what to have with tonite's chicken.

Interesting story: One of my sisters (can't remember which one) gave me a cookbook for Christmas put out by Costco, "Entertaining the Costco Way". It has recipes from chefs but also from Costco members all across the country. I just happened to spot a recipe from a woman on Fox Island which is only 7 miles from our house. One of our good friends, Claudia, lives on Fox Island so I sent her a picture of the recipe which included a photo of the woman, and rather jokingly asked if she knew the woman. And she did! It's one of her good friends and she told me she had even sampled that particular recipe at the woman's house! Now what are those odds?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, January 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:05 am

Good morning all ๐ŸŒž
Mary, Amara will be walking before you know it, I hope you get to see it before you head for home.
I'll test today and if it's negative I'll test again either tomorrow or Tuesday, I just don't want to get Dad sick no matter what it is so I make him stay away. He told me yesterday, it's just cause I don't want to cook for him LOL he's goofy. He was just kidding though.
That's a cool story about the recipe.
My day yesterday was mostly sleeping and I felt like I was starving when I was awake, weird. As much as I slept yesterday I didn't figure I'd sleep at all last night but I did. It wasn't a great sleep night but it was still pretty good. At least today I don't hurt like I did yesterday and I can keep my eyes open today so far.
Frankie did burgers on the grill and we had tatertots with it. I had salad for lunch so didn't feel like eating it again.
I'm not sure what tonight will be, is actually like tacos but when I mentioned that last night he didn't want to make them. Maybe I can talk him into going to town and bringing some home.... because I really want tacos ๐ŸŒฎ ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Becca, how are you doing? I didn't see you yesterday.
Irish, are you OK?
Where's Carol?
I think you gals are playing hide and seek ๐Ÿ˜‰
I hope you all are OK.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:35 am

Good Morning,

Tina - I am still here, just busy with non-quilting stuff. I am finishing small things and cutting scraps from leftovers on backings.

Maryz - I enjoyed reading about the recipe. Have you made that recipe? Sounds like you have a busy Amara week ahead. Enjoy it!!

Lori - So sorry to read what you are going through with your brother and father. (((Hugs)) and prayers.

Last night I made a vegetable pizza to go with the Garden Vegetable Soup. It was a great meal. I think it will be tonight's as well. Friday, I spent cleaning the house and finishing all the laundry because they were to shut off the water for six hours. It turned out they shut it off for a little over four hours and it wasn't a problem. I did have to haul the pots of water outside to the patio to dump all the water we had "saved". All is good! DH will be watching football today. He will cheer for the Chiefs and then the Lions. However, he thinks both teams will lose.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Hello everyone Itโ€™s been a cloudy day but sun just popped out We are to be colder next week I just never got here yesterday Been busy this week I went to Church this morning and we had early meal I just finished my laps for today I filled up with gas before Church It was my favorite station down close to Apple Orchards
Maryz I know you will enjoy your babysit days
Tina Do hope itโ€™s only a short lived virus & you feel better soon
Lori I feel for you with what you are dealing with Praying you make the right decision
Carol Your soups sound so good I get good soup at Church and good cornbread
I had pot roast with fresh made creamed potatoes They leave the peelings on which I never did Plus jello
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:24 pm

I figured out posting pics with Mary's help!!

Here's my little brother's new kitty, her name is Smokey

[Image]

Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:50 pm

This pic always makes me smile so I wanted to make you all smile too, it's Elijah

Tina

[Image]

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Tina, that definitely made me smile. What a little cutie.
Lori 8-)

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€