Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:04 am

Good morning,

We are cloudy this morning, should get wind for 4 hours mid-day, and go to a high of 60 deg. I guess for January, even in Texas, that's not too bad.

Yesterday I finished my Unicorn quilt and it came within a few inches of the Cats in PJ's so I don't think there will be any major fighting. lol! Then I got out my Fox project and got the first four of eight foxes cut out. Today's project will be to sew them together. I hope I can get the other 4 done tomorrow. I put a link in Sew-in if you'd like to see this quilt. There's a lot of other parts to this quilt, too. We go back to babysitting full time on Monday, so my sewing days and hours are numbered. I have to make as much hay as I can while the sun is shining!

BECCA - I'm glad you are getting some nice weather. Feels so good to get outside! Here, the grackles have returned and I love their springy-sounding calls. And good news about Avery. And no one else in the family got Covid? Amazing!

TINA - Holly was so lucky! Like Becca said, so often with blow-outs there can be a crash. To be so close to you and have Frankie fix it and you drive her car back while Adam drove her and kids to school was so very fortuitous! It was a good day to be Holly!

Tonite we're going to have tacos. It's been a while and Bill does love them.

What are you having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 27

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:11 am

Good morning all ๐ŸŒž
Mary, I'm going to go check out your link after here. I want to say I remember but that would be a lie LOL
Yay, for babysitting again! I bet you two are ready to get some major snuggles in with Amara! I bet she's missed you both!
I guess I'm sick. I tested for covid just to make sure I don't have that and it was negative thankfully. I have no fever at all, but I have a headache and some other yuckies and feel really rough. So I guess my day will be resting. Not what I was planning on doing at all.
Supper tonight might be tacos, hamburgers on the grill or canned soup, that's about all Frankie knows how to cook and he'll be doing the cooking unless I feel a lot better by then. I'll call Dad and tell him that he's going to have to cook for himself tonight, I don't want to get him sick for sure.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:16 pm

Mary, I'm glad you were able to get those quilts done. I'm assuming the cat quilt is done by now. I bet you can't wait to see miss boots again.

Tina, so sorry you are sick. Probably too much stress in your life.

We had a warm day today, and suppose to have another one tomorrow. It's a nice break from winter.
It's pretty normal to have a few warm days at the end of January, then go back to cold again. It's mother natures way of toying with us.

I've been dealing with my dad and brother a lot the last few days and I'm exhausted. I've been waiting to see what was going to happen with my brother before making any final decisions about my dad's living situation. I think it would be best to keep him at home and bring someone in a few time a week to get him used to it. I have a few trips this year and will need them to come in more on the weeks I'm gone. I spoke with a nurse yesterday about putting my brother on hospice. They feel because of his condition, that it would be best. I spoke with his doctor today, and will weigh in a few more things before making a final decision. He is unable to make any decisions for himself at the point. Didn't get to sew today. Maybe tomorrow.

Dinner was leftover soup.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:20 pm

Lori, prayers for you and your Dad and brother ๐Ÿ™ you have got a lot on your plate, hugs ๐Ÿซ‚

Tina

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€