Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:05 am

Good morning,

It's not supposed to be rainy, but I sure hear a lot of dripping on our roof. Bill says it's heavy dew. We are parked under a tree. We may not park in this site next time. Back in Nov and Dec it was acorns falling on us. Then leaves. Now rain. Plus, the roof will need washing when we get this rig home. At least the weather cleared yesterday afternoon. I shut down my machine and we were able to sit outside for 1.5 hrs and enjoy blue skies. Then we grilled steaks. We'll see how today goes, weather-wise.

I did get all my unicorns made yesterday. Today I'll assemble the top. I have some fabric that is a pink, purple, and white unicorn print that I think I'll use for solid borders instead of piano key or geese. Will go faster. Plus, I think a little 4 yr old girl will like the unicorns better. So that will be this morning's project. This afternoon I might try a couple Feb Lotto blocks and then get a short start on my fox quilt. I made this quilt once already for my sister's Fox Mountain fifth-wheel trailer. It's bigger than the twins' quilts (76x90) but he is 6 and has a bigger bed. And it's the one Autumn wanted for him.

TINA - I'm glad you got all those copies done but what a job!. Seems in this age there has to be a way to transfer all those files electronically. A thumb drive, maybe? I think I would have shown Frankie how to press PRINT and sat him in front of the copier for some of those pages! (Don't tell Frankie that was my idea!!) I'm sorry you are having to deal with this and I hope the attorney takes your case and it all comes out to your advantage. I HATE scammers!

BECCA - You do manage to keep busy! Sounds like you just might be going to make this baby a quilt. Is a date set yet for delivery? Do you know yet if she will be induced or will it be a C-section?

LORI - what little projects from Buttermilk Basin did you get? I like most of their stuff. There is a U-wash dog wash not far from our park. We usually make a visit to it at least once when we're down here in Texas. But this year we just used a dry wash product on him, and then brushed him and pruned his "feathers" around his paws and up the backs of his legs. But you've reminded me it's time to make an appointment for him for when we get home.

I saw a potato recipe on FB the other day - which was weird because I'm so seldom on FB. I melted butter in a baking dish, added generous amounts of dried garlic, onion, chives, herbs of choice, S&P, and parmesan cheese. Stirred it all up. Then I cut potatoes in half and placed them cut side down in the dish, on top of the herb mixture, baked about 45 min, and yum! The potatoes came out encrusted with that delicious mixture. We had them with grilled steak and salads.

Tonite, we're having steak again. Not my favorite, but when we opened the package of steaks that we'd brought from home, we saw it was 4, not 2, so we'll be having them again tonite. I think we'd planned to share them with my sister and dbil, but never got to them. Not sure yet what we'll have for sides tonite. Between you and me I'd rather have cooked them all last night and made veggie beef soup today. But that idea got veto'd pretty fast by the griller. :lol:

What's cookin' at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 26th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:32 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, you sure made fast work of those unicorns! I didn't know you were making the Fox quilt too for a little boy, wow they are gonna be over the moon happy!
We got a little rain last night that wasn't forecasted, I'm glad with any.... all these little bits add up and is good here.
Frankie went outside for the most part while I was doing the papers, I vent LOL. I wish you would've gave me that tip about the thumb drive earlier LOL I didn't even think of it.
Your potato recipe sounds awesome!!
Steak grilled and put on top of salad is amazing too, I like mine cold and leftover for that though so my salad stays crispy cold.
I was on the side of the road while Frankie was changing the wheel on Holly's vehicle, it had a blow out on her way to work which is just past our turn off to our road so we didn't have far to go. Adam was right behind her in his truck so he took her and the boys to school. That's why I had to edit my post because it was time to come home and I had to drive hers while Frankie drove his truck.
I'm not sure what I'm in the mood to make for supper yet. I want to try to make a February lotto block today, I printed the pattern yesterday after I did all those other papers.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:55 pm

Hello everyone We had a balmy 68 today I actually got to walk outside Beautiful and Great to be outside
I got aerobics in FaceTime with Keith Then lunch & I hit the door for walk Then came back and ground up old papers Went thru all my important papers
Maryz The baby will be CSection Good news Avery is better Glad your rain let up We were happy for a pretty day
Tina So thankful DDs car didn’t crash Lots of times blow outs will cause it
Glad she was close and Frankie could help
I choose grilled chicken Okra and applesauce Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:39 pm

Becca, I'm glad too, she hadn't really gotten up to 55 yet because her road is just past ours so she had only gone maybe ½ mile before it happened.
We're going to have spicy chicken breast and a salad. I was going to do a February lotto block today but I forgot I needed to make 6 dozen pecan tarts for Holly, after that I was tired and then realized I hadn't even eaten lunch.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”