Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:45 am

Good morning,

We've got more rain! If I didn't have my sewing, I'd be going bonkers sitting in this trailer all day long with no baby to babysit. But since I DO have sewing, all is good. I think Bill is getting a bit bored, though. He spends a lot of time on his computer, reading, and usually watches at least one movie a day. And he texts with a few friends. We take walks during breaks in the showers. Other Gramma leaves at the end of the week and we'll go back to our job next Monday. Then the sewing will slow down dramatically.

As for sewing, I got my unicorn fabrics and pattern out, sorted the colors and fabrics. Except for the white of the unicorn itself, the rest of each block is a different fabric/color scheme. So I cut the white for all four blocks and got the first block made (26"x26"). Today, I'll cut the fabrics for the second block and plan to get it finished, too.

TINA - happy birthday a day late to Frankie! I'm with him - I think a special meal at home, cooked by loving hands and heart, beat a restaurant meal any day of the week! Lucky Frankie! I'm glad you finally got your phone call. Is this about your solar set-up? Sorry about Holly's migraine. I had one - just one - headache like that about 40 years ago. I still remember how awful it was. When I hit my 40's I started having mild migraines almost constantly. I had a hystie at age 46 and from that day on no more headaches! of any kind! Mine were all hormonal.

LORI - Did you get that sewing room cleaned?? In the trailer, I have to clean my "sewing room" every day.
So glad you got a break in your rain so Jack and Wrigley could get you out for your walk. They are such good boys! Yes, rubber bands worked well, back in the day. When our grandsons were little (they are now 26 and 30) we put guards of some kind on our lower cabinets. I can remember cursing them whenever I wanted into those cabinets. :lol: A & A got a large package delivered last week full of cabinet locks, so if Antonio hasn't got them installed next week, that will probably be what Bill does to fill his babysitting hours. But I had to laugh - they already have a few in place - on cabinets so high up even Bill (at 5'7") can't reach them!

BECCA - Yay!! Frankie took her first steps!! And on her daddy's birthday. A very sweet gift! There will be no stopping her now! Your busy day had my eyes spinning as I read about it. I hope calmer days are ahead for you.

Our stew last night was delicious. I purposely made a big pot full. I thickened it a little with instant potato flakes which worked purrfectly. I have enough left for tonite plus I was able to freeze a packet for a quick and easy travel meal on the trip home.

What's on your menu for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 24th

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Hello everyone a rainy day today I didn’t go anywhere because of it I will save that for a nicer day
It was aerobics then I did my check book and meds for the week the did that dreaded stoking I had to repair Gotvthat off my list Then it was paint class We did 2 birds sitting on tree limbsThey are suppose d to be love birds The trees look like Spring time with white blossoms
Maryz Glad you have sewing to occupy your time I just saw where TXxhas lots of flooding my quilt is next on list I wouldn’t mind if I had my house back It’s so crowded here
Tina Home cooked is always better and made with love
I choose grilled chicken beets and broccoli n cauliflower. Becca
My little Avery has Covid She’s 8 and belongs to Courtney my DGD
She has a mild case DD said

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 pm

Mary, no I didn't finish the sewing room. I did finish up a few small project though. I just shoved things aside. lol Glad you are getting to sew.

Becca, I love when the trees start to bloom. They look so pretty. Hope Avery gets better quick.

I've been doing things for dad all day. I just ran to the post office and mailed off my lotto blocks. I started them way back and just finally finished the last one last night. Other things just kept coming up. I was sorry to hear about Jerry. I know it's very hard on Chriss dealing with his illness for the last year.

Dinner will be leftover teriyaki chicken and rice. Might make a veggie to go with it.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:49 pm

Tina, home cooked meals are always better than going out. Hope Frankie enjoyed his special day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:17 pm

Hi all 😊
I've been going through paperwork all day, I've made over 200 copies of papers and ran out of paper so I'm done for the day. I'm getting more paper tomorrow. I have a headache.
Frankie did love his day yesterday, thank you all ❤️
Mary, will you go visit this weekend even if you don't babysit?
Becca, I'm not good with crowded anymore, wish you had your own place too hugs.
Lori, I do that sometimes with lotto blocks too, time just seems to get away sometimes.
We had leftover spaghetti and salad tonight. My kitchen table is full but I managed to clean 1 end off so we could eat.
I was so sorry to read about Jerry too, my heart breaks for them. Sure wish I could give Chris a bear hug in person.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”