Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:50 am

Good morning,

We had us some rain yesterday. 3.5" in 10 hours. They need it. Lake Travis, the big resevoir close to us, is down 37 feet. Yesterday's rain raised the lake level 2". They need more rain! And I hope they get it - as soon as we leave!

Since we're not babysitting this week, and the weather is so bad outside, the sewing is great inside! I finished my Cats in PJs yesterday and fished out the pattern and fabrics for Unicorn. I'll start cutting that today. It's only four blocks, but the blocks are 26" each! So that's my day's plan.

CAROL - Your soups always sound so enticing. My sister gave me a soup cookbook for Christmas. I love perusing all the delicious sounding recipes. Your poor GN and his smashed little fingers. Have they not heard of cabinet locks? They didn't have them when my kids were little so I "locked" them with rubber bands around the knobs. It works. But only if you have knobs.

BECCA - A boy in February! Is this the twins little brother? Levi and Taylor's baby? Oh, he deserves a quilt for sure! Just for making it through! Prayers for safe delivery. That little ghost quilt a few of us made this past year is quick and easy and oh so cute! Just squares of fabric sewn together randomly and then a ghost face appliqued in the center. You don't even need a pattern. I used 3.5" squares, but charms would work great. If you don't want it to be a ghost quilt, just leave off the face.

LORI - happy birthday to your dad! Even if he didn't remember it later, he was happy in the moment. And by chunky, I guess I just meant Amara is a lot for me to lift. She's in the 94th percentile for height (length?) and fairly slim build. She is going to be taller than her 5-2 mama by kindergarten! But Daddy is 6-2 so she has height in her genes. She is punching through the feet of her sleepers. :lol: Did you get your embroidery project all traced?

This chilly, wet weather is calling for comfort food. I was thinking of making chili, but stew is calling me, so I think that's what I'll get into the crockpot this morning. I usually set the crockpot outside but in this rainy weather I'd rather have it inside. I love smelling supper cooking all day!

What's the plan at your house?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 23rd

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:43 am

Mary, dang that's a lot of rain. I bet you are missing the little one this week, but I now you are keeping busy sewing away the days. You'll have those quilts ready to be quilted by the time you get home.

Carol, I think my mom used rubber bands as well to keep cabinets closed. They'll figure it out, or not.

Becca, would love to see what you come up with for a baby quilt.

I've got some things to clean up around here today. I also need to pick up a few things from the grocery store for dad. I might even get the sewing room cleaned up, but I tend to get distracted. Jack and Wrigley took me out for a walk and were very happy. We never got a break in the rain long enough to walk yesterday.

We will have a late lunch, as Bill is playing golf this morning. It's soggy out there because it rain the last three days. So it will be a longer round of golf.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:39 am

Hello everyone rainy just light rain not pouring I have had quite a day Went for shots got back took care of business at front desk Went to Walmart then to dMv to get address change for registration
Then to Church for luncheon Now boiled eggs in meantime Now a class to attend then Bible study at Church and Dinner
My weed has been this way
Maryz Im thinking not decided yet Too many irons in the fire I may do a train on bottom and ABCs or just blocks with a design in middle
Frankie took her first steps on her Dads Birthday at Home I was so glad she wasn’t at school
Lori I’m still thinking about design I’m not like Maryz lol
Have a great day. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:02 pm

Hi all 😊
Today is Frankie's birthday so I've been a little busy this morning. I did get the call I was waiting for, now need to make a bunch of copies of my paperwork and get it sent off. I wish I would've thought about that over the weekend so I'd already be done.
I delivered eggs to a friend of mine and went and bought some steaks for supper, Frankie prefers to eat here then out because it's so expensive plus we don't really have any place he likes for a steak. I'm also making him a pecan pie, it's in the oven now.
When we were leaving to go to town after my call this morning Holly called, she was having a bad migraine that was making her not see. They've done an MRI but I think they should do something else, she's had these since she was 15.
I made her lunch here and then we took her home so she could sleep in a dark room.
Mary, I was thinking that you wouldn't be getting your travel sewing done with babysitting but you're zooming right through them now! I'm sorry about your friend's ankles, I can't even imagine!
Lori, you need a break in the rain, you can send it all here! We're actually getting rain but we need so much more! I'm going to be getting Dad's groceries soon here too.
Becca, you are always so busy and on the go. I think trains and ABC blocks would be perfect! If you lived close I'd take you fresh eggs too, we like to share. Our girls lay anywhere from 4 to 13 a day. We have several we share with. We like having them and they are little characters LOL
It's Dad's night tonight and with it being Frankie's birthday we're having steaks, baked potato, salad and a pecan pie for dessert. Jazmyne will be bringing Holly and the boys over for pie after supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”