Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, Jan 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

MONDAY, Jan 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:41 am

Good RAINY morning,

We've really got it coming down here. And is it noisy on the trailer roof! It's supposed to let up this afternoon. I hope it does so we can get out and walk with Scottie. I love our trailer, but it's only about 29 feet long and it's getting smaller each day. We need to get outside and walk! No babysitting this week unless kids' (and other gramma's) plans change so my focus will be on sewing while I can. I have my Cats in PJs half finished. I'm even assembling the top as I go. And it's turning out really cute! We have no place to go today so I should make some great progress on it.

BECCA - I almost forgot about the new little one that's on the way! Boy or girl? Due in March? I think a quilt would be a great idea. Will you embroider this one or piece it? Will this baby be closer to you than Frankie is?

TINA - I hope you got your rain! We sure have plenty to spare this morning! I don't care for reuben sandwiches myself but Bill likes them. Usually they are made with corned beef but these were done with a brisket cooked on a grill or maybe in an oven. Nice to get out and go to a party! I am fuming along with you about the inefficiency in today's customer service - especially the medical industry. There is no excuse for it.

LORI - haha! Yeah, it may be more running when Amara starts walking, but hopefully less lifting. She's getting to be a chunk! A&A have turned their entire living room into one big playpen for now. Furniture is arranged to be fences rather than 'conversation areas'. There's nothing within her reach that she can hurt or can hurt her. That being said, we still dont' leave her alone in there! They did get one baby gate so far to keep her from going down the hall to the other rooms. They are still waiting on the other two gates to arrive so for now, furniture serves as gates. Quilts are everywhere, covering any sharp edges or corners. I'd almost forgotten how lives change when babies come. How is your brother doing? Is he still in the hospital? Will he be going back to your dad's eventually?

As for supper, we have a 2 cup Ziplock of homemade chili in the freezer. I think. If it's in there, we're going to have it over half a baked potato. If it's not in there, then we're having spaghetti and tomorrow I'll make a new pot of chili. Either way, there will also be a salad.

What's cookin' at your house?

Quilter7

Re: MONDAY, Jan 22nd

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:40 am

Good Morning,

Yesterday I made Barley and Vegetable Soup, so that will be dinner tonight too.

Maryz - Yes, things change when there is a baby in the house. My little great nephew likes to open cabinet doors and he gets his fingers caught. It makes for some tears that could be avoided with cabinet locks, but who am I to say?

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:04 pm

Hello everyone sunny here & not as cold as has been I did aerobics then went to Walmart to return pants I ordered online
Then walked with friend here
Then did some cabinet cleaning
MaryBabies change everything your way of life , House inside too But oh so precious and they grow up to be more special as adults
Enjoy your rain
Carol I thought cabinet locks was the first thing to be added No we stay mum and let them raise them
Maryz I won’t emboidery I don’t think it’s as good as it used to be I will piece it & maybe add some hand work If I make it
It’s being taken in Feb due to her history and it’s a boy
I choose a hamburger tonight and a salad I want neither one Tomorrow is Church Luncheon and then Church dinner together
Will be better. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:00 pm

Mary, we waited all day for the rain to let up, but it didn't. Looks like it's almost done, so tomorrow we'll be able to walk. Once Amara starts walking she'll shed some weight. Babies seem to get a little chunky right before the walk. Then she won't be as heavy to pick up. :D

Today was dad's 91st birthday. He didn't even know until I told him. I made him soup, and took him cake and a gift. He was happy, but probably doesn't even remember. I traced a few embroidery patterns on the Christmas piece I'm doing. Maybe I'll get those done this week. Making two soups took up most of my afternoon. But we'll have leftovers to freeze of both.

I made us a tortellini soup with beef broth and got a baguette to go with it.

Sleep well
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm

Wrong spot

Return to “Chit Chat”