Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan. 21st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan. 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:06 am

Good morning,

We aren't nearly as chilly as they'd originally predicted. 39* instead of 23* is quite an improvement! But I guess some serious rain is on its way. Being from PNW, we're used to rain, but we get it a little at a time throughout the year. Here in Texas, it comes all at once and then flooding happens. Houston actually gets more annual rainfall than Seattle.

CAROL - I'm so glad you had such a good time at Road. And to meet up with an old friend was a double blessing! I hope you can keep in touch after this. I read an article about quilting friends in different states who designated a once a month sewing day - they were in their own homes but sewed, texted, and at the end of the day had a glass of wine together over the phone and talked about their projects. It kept them close. And yes, Bob is the one I made the Bigfoot/trees quilt for for his new RV which is now his only home. You have a good memory! He does intend to eventually buy a "2-bedroom house with a 9-bay garage" in the Portland area to settle close to his son. But for now, he's traveling.

BECCA - so nice of you to share your windfall of fabric! I'm sure your friend will make good use of it. Frankie will be walking by summer when you get to see her again.

LORI - nice to have a relaxation day now and then, especially after a big event like R2C. Actually, I'm thinking we might have an easier time when Baby starts walking. Maybe not so much lifting and carrying. But still dancing!

We never had our BBQ pork sandwiches last night since we ate "lupper" with Bob. I had a burger and the guys had reubens made with brisket. (we ARE in Texas!). So tonite - the plan is those sandwiches and a salad.

What's YOUR plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Jan. 21st

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:11 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I love hearing about your days with Amara, puts a smile on my face and in my heart ❤️
Mary, how do you make a rueben without brisket?
I hope she's a steadier walker than Elijah, his daycare lady has been in tears and said she was quitting because that boy gets hurt from falling so much. I'm pretty sure he should be wrapped in bubble wrap or at least wear a helmet. He's getting better but he's also a climber 🤦‍♀️. His Abuela (Gramma in Spanish) watched him at his house this last week because Kevin and Maria went to Vegas, I haven't asked yet how that went. She's an awesome Gramma though so I bet he's a little more spoiled LOL and Matthew too ❤️
Becca, Frankie will be able to do laps around your halls with you soon 😊 what are you going to make with your fabric?
Lori, oh my 44 calls....Dad called me 1 day 17 times but he was really missing Mom extra that day. I saw your blue dyed fabrics on Facebook, they are awesome!!
Carol, so glad you found your friend and reconnected. Maybe next year you and Lori will meet up.
I didn't get my phone call Friday, there was a family emergency for the one that was supposed to call me but nobody else in the office thought to go to her desk and call her appointments and let them know so after waiting 1½ hours I called and that's what I was told. Another thing that was supposed to be taken care of Friday didn't happen....I tell you, people are so lucky I'm not their boss, I can't stand incompetence!
Yesterday we drove 1½ hours to an anniversary party, it was nice. Dad was singing and playing at it with 3 other men. It was for his preacher and his wife, she's a quilter and they are both very nice people. We go every once in awhile with Dad to church and what they call "the 5th Sunday Sing" so we know them all.
We're supposed to have rain off and on most of the day, I sure hope we get it! I'm debating on leftover brisket or making soup or spaghetti. It's Dad's night tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:02 am

Hello everyone sunny here with frigid start of 7 It’s now up to 32
I attended Church here instead of going out to defrost the car
I walked a few laps I will do more later
Maryz I may try a baby quilt for new one on the wayTheres lots that would be suitable
I’m sure Frankie will be running next time I see her
TinaI too hate inefficiency There’s so much of it in the Medical field Itsvery frustrating to try and get something done
Our water restrictions have been done away with
I choose Hamwith raisin sauce green beans and salad
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Mary, easier once she walks...lol. You'll be chasing her all over. Sounds like you're having a heat wave.

Tina, it's so frustrating trying to get anything done these days. There's not such thing as costumer service anymore.

Becca, glad you stayed in. I'm going to be make a baby quilt soon too. I need to pick a pattern.

We took the boys to the park this morning. The geese are beginning there mating dances. They are quite fun to watch. I did some grocery shopping and went to check on my dad. He hasn't called as much today. Maybe he's getting used to being home alone. Fingers crossed. I have a going away party to attend at 3pm, so I need to get the gifts fixed up.

I think I might order a pizza for dinner when I get home.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”