Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 19th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:51 am

Good morning,

I think Bill fixed my computer. Hooray for my computer! Hooray for my Bill! He's a computer genious.

We will be back at the kids' today again - babysitting. Now that her world has expanded to include most of the large living room, she is one busy little girl! Her parents have been very clever about putting things all over that she is allowed to play with. Everything else is barricaded including 3 doorways to the rest of the house. It's hopping the barricades that is so hard for my short little legs and old hips. I have to dismantle and replace them. Also there is a lot of getting up and down from the floor. We come home happy but exhausted! :lol:

Last evening was so nice out we grilled a pork tenderloin and planned to sit out for a while. But we had chores to do - get out chairs, grill, dump tanks, fill fresh water tank, walk Scottie, and then an issue with one of our propane tanks. By the time we got it all done it was time to come inside. But the beautiful day was a nice change and we did get a walk with Amara in the stroller. This morning is 43* and pretty windy. Going back to freezing temps tomorrow but at least not in the teens.

BECCA - Looks like we had the table all to ourselves yesterday. More for us! Nice to have some delicious home cooked leftovers on hand. Also nice to have cleaning done, though, like you, I'd want to do some of it myself. When will you get to see Frankie again? Didn't you say she lives in NY? City or State? I bet she and Amara would love to get together to play. Babies love other babies.

Tonite I'm going to make some pork fried rice. It's going to be a one-pan meal and I'll add some extra things I have in the freezer - diced celery and onion, lima beans, green peppers. It's always different depending on what's on hand.

What will be on your plate tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 19th

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:01 am

Good morning all 🌞
Sorry I've been missing, have a lot of stuff going on and it's taking up so much of my time and energy.
Mary, I was at my table for most of the day, it's covered in paperwork that I've been going through. I'm hoping my call today will be good news.
Is Amara walking? Those littles can sure wear us out but it's a happy wear out!
Your evening sounds good too, busy but good.
Becca, I'm so glad you got some good homemade family food, it feeds the soul too ❤️
Here it's a hit and miss on getting notifications about drivers license so we try not to rely on the state.
I'm going to cook a brisket for supper tonight. I'm thinking homemade Mac and cheese too and a veggie.... I'd do coleslaw if I have cabbage.....
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:13 am

Hello everyone cold with snow blowing out
We don’t have it like others close
Very windy and gusting
I did my aerobics then Keith FaceTime then laundry and lunch It’s all put up
Maryz They live in Brooklyn NY They May be home this Summer I know babies love other little faces
That’s a tired job babysitting but a good tired We don’t realize just how much energy it takes to keep up with them
Tina Oh yes Homecooking is good for the soul I too am going to have to weed out some old papers UGh Not my favorite lol
I choose cole slaw hot dog and baked beans
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:49 pm

Mary, the weather is all over the place. Glad you got to enjoy a little outside time. I'll grill in any temp here. It gets into the 40's. I go out put the stuff on the grill and come inside until it's time to turn. Sounds like Amara is keeping you busy.

Tina, I hear you about stuff taking up time and energy. Hope you got the call you were waiting for.

Becca, sounds like a good day to stay inside.

I spent 1/2 my day doing things at my dads. I'm starting to look into board and care facilities, or maybe have someone come in a few hours everyday. He gets his food on his own, but need to be told to change clothes and wash up. And he calls me over and over again. Last Sunday he called 44 times. I ended up turning off the phone. The situation is not good for either of us.

I was able to wash out my Indigo pieces today. Some came out better than others. I'll make notes on what I did right and wrong for next time.

Dinner was leftover chili.

Sleep well the friends.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”