Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 18th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:35 am

Good morning!

I can't believe we are on the downside of January. Where does the time go?? It won't be long until we go home. I miss home, but I found on our trip to FL, that I miss Amara more. So we asked for another week. Antonio seemed happy to comply! :lol: He is loving the free babysitting! Win/win! We were going to leave Feb 3rd, but it's cheaper to reserve our RV site for a full month rather than just a few weeks. Crazy! But that's what we did so we are paid up to Feb 15th. I expect we'll leave that day for home. But it could be a week sooner if kids seem tired of us. But that probably won't happen. Besides babysitting, we do dishes, cook food, fold laundry, sweep, mow grass, trim limbs, fix lights, toilets, outlets, etc. We are loved! :lol:

LORI - I'm glad Jonathon likes Texas. It's not for everyone, that's for sure! Though Texas has pretty much all kinds of climates - desert, prairie, hill, pine timber, tropical. But it also has things that sting, bite, and poison you, as well as a LOT of allergens! I will be happy when the kids finally move but that's a few years away yet. Actually Scottie will be 11 in July. Foxtrot will be 10 in March. Seems like they were both just babies. Hard to picture 18# Foxy as a kitten now! He is a BIG cat! Vet said he might be a Maine Coon.

BECCA - I would say you've been feasting with all that delicious food! I've never had roasted corn. How was it fixed?

Today is supposed to be about 70*. What a change! So Bill said he'd grill. I have a pork Tenderloin. We're going to have baked beans with it and a veggie to be named. We are out of fresh stuff so it will probably be frozen peas. We are putting together our grocery order but probaby won't be picking it up until tomorrow on our way home from babysitting - about 4:30 to 5pm.

What's your plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Jan 18th

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:23 am

Hello everyone sunny here & stillcold but an attic blast is coming next 3 days Brrr
I got my walking done and some cleaning here They clean but I also do my own cleaning
Laundry tomorrow We had a great time yesterday at Family night plus good food
Maryz Yes I have been feasting I had leftovers today we get notices here in the mail about license renewal
Ibtoo would prefer the baby over other things I got a picture of Frankie for Christmas It’s her first school picture lol
Laying on a blanket
No wonder they love your visit Would be like having a maid and handy man plus babysitting
I choose sweet n sour chicken with broccoli and a cup of carrot ginger soup
I love soup in this cold weather
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”