Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:17 am

Good morning,

I woke up early, though I did get almost my usual 7 hours. I hope I don't crash today while BABYSITTING!. Yes, we've been called up and we're excited to go back to see our Ms Boots. Antonio is relaxing his Covid protocol a little bit. We've been in quarantine simply because we were traveling 5 days and now with the big freeze here, everyone is hiding out in their RVs anyway so everyone's in quarantine. One of Autumn's libraries had a disaster of some kind due to the freeze so Antonio needs to go with her to help. We were on deck so we're going in. I was hoping to sew cats in Pj's but guess I'll have to set that aside for a while. :D :D :D I do have all the cutting done and all 12 faces half-sewn.

I can't imagine life without pets, but we won't be getting any more puppies or kittens. We'll take in elderly pets from the pound. Though I know they do come with challenges and costs. I saw a notice on the bulletin board are our vets about a local organization that helps out with medical costs if you give elderly pets a home. Maybe there are other such organizations aroumd the country.

TINA - glad your dad got his cancer meds OK'd. They are expensive. Bill's step-dad had a glioblastoma and his chemo pills were $1,000 each pill. But I think he only had to take 1/day x 5 days every 3 weeks.

BECCA - glad your DMV visit was such a breeze. Maybe they got tired of all the jokes and cartoons of their lengthy waiting times and bad service and streamlined their process. But you know I better check my license. Five years can go by quickly and they don't send out notices . . .

LORI - Our cats have always lived between 15 and 20 years, too. Foxtrot will be 10 in March. He and I have the same birthday. The DMV didn't actually ask my weight - just asked if everything on the license was still accurate. Umm..... My weight was still listed at 110# from when I got it at age 16. It's obvious I don't weigh that now so I fessed up. I hope your son is doing OK in the freeze down here. How does he like Texas? Today is R2C for you! I hope the traffic is kind to you as you drive and the show is nothing but fun! You go tomorrow, too, I think you said.

CAROL - You're at R2C and I know you're having fun!

Last night's chicken cheese enchiladas were delicious, so we'll be having leftovers tonite along with salad. Salad fixings are getting a bit skimpy so we need to order a grocery pick-up soon. And my computer screen keeps flashing. I hope it just doesn't like waking up early. My tech doesn't so I can't ask him yet.

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 17th

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:51 am

Mary, happy day for you. I bet she'll be so happy to have her play mates back.. Jonathan is loving TX, but he misses the mountains. I can't believe Scottie is almost 10.

Tina, meds are so expensive.

Well I need to go make my lunch. Most traffic is coming our way, so the drive should be fine. I'm carpooling with a friend.

Don't know what dinner will be.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Jan 17th

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:16 pm

Hello everyone Almost bedtime It’s bees busy day Still cold Hi today 34
I just got home from family nite
Denise and Mark spent the day She brought homemade vegetable soup and I made cornbread Yum
I have enough for lunch tomorrow
Maryz Im sure A team will be happy campers
Lori Be safe and enjoy your trip
We had grilled chicken and burgers tonight with salad and roasted corn it was delicious
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”