Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:43 am

Good morning,

We are still in the teens here this morning. Brrr!!! 🥶Our low temps will be about 16 degrees for 2 more days yet. Double Brrr!! 🥶 🥶 Yesterday, except for a short walk with Scottie in the afternoon, we stayed INSIDE. We cleaned house and then I started cutting Cats in PJ's and Bill watched movies. Scott and Foxy napped. Today will be more of the same. And turns out that Antonio's parents don't arrive until next Sunday so he wants us back late this week, I think. In the meantime, I'll be sewing and Bill is going to repair the caulking around our shower.

IRISH - I'm so sorry your sister lost her kitty. Such a heartache. And you're right, pets in our golden years can be a problem. My sis and I have made a deal to take pets for each other if necessary. But still - I'm almost 73 and she's 81. Our younger sister, 71, doesn't do pets. Please give your sis a hug for me. So glad you are feeling better but it sounds like a little more medication ajustment might be in order. How is the Lyme Disease? I've been keeping an eye on the Hays Eagle cam. Dad eagle is gone :cry: but a new male has arrived. Waiting to see how this works out. And yes, if you have Hawaiian fabric you don't want, I'd love it! I've always loved Hawaiian prints.

BECCA - I hope you were able to get your license renewed. That can be such a headache even in good weather. But last time I went to the DMV, there was NO ONE waiting! Not even anyone at the counter! I just walked right up and the woman was so nice. When she asked my weight and I told her, she scrutinized me and then said, "you look like you weigh less so I'm going to take off 10#". I was in and out in 10 minutes with a smile on my face! Do you have big plans for Denise's visit on Wed or are you just going to "hang out"?

LORI - I feel for your dad. He must feel lost without your DB. Praying your DB improves quickly. Have fun at R2C. You're going two days but not staying overnight, right?

TINA - It shouldn't be too difficult to make a cover for your machine. At home we just use sheets over the entire set=up - machine, table, rollers, etc. It takes two sheets but it keeps the table dust free. And my quilter never remembers to dust before loading a quilt so this solves that problem.

Looks like we all ate well last night. Tonite I think I'm going to make something Mexicany. Not sure just what yet. Maybe cheese or chicken enchiladas. I have the right cheese this time! And I have enchilada. sauce. Still deciding. Bill will help make the decision.

Have you made your decision for tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Jan 16th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:04 am

Good Morning,
Later this morning I will be leaving for R2CA. I am taking two quilting classes in the Convention Center. Very little to take to class. I need to finish packing toiletries and a few other things, but I am ready.

Irish - So sorry about the loss of your sister's kitty. Sometimes people decide to adopt an older cat as they themselves age for exactly the reasons you gave. It is harder to travel when you have a pet though.

Maryz - These days of your time in Texas sound much like the days of years past when you were not babysitting. Hope you are making progress on the Cats in PJs.

Becca - Hope you did not have a wait at the DMV. Last time I went I had only a short wait. All documents were submitted for the Travel ID and I was in and out quickly. It was totally a good experience.

Tina - I think there may be a pattern in We All Sew for a long arm. I recently completed a couple of small quilts that I throw over my machine.

Lori - Your class is not in the Convention Center itself. I will be in Lori Kennedy's classes both Wednesday and Thursday. Hope we get to see one another. I am planning on going to lunch at the Double Tree.

Dinner will be quick tonight because it is Preview Night! Friends are volunteering at setting up the show. I will check in at 3:00 PM and settle in to wait for them.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:54 am

Carol, my class in at the convention center room 100A. I'll probably bring my lunch. I don't want to fight the crowds.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am

Mary, my son is having the same cold weather east of you in Jasper. He said he only took
the dogs out to potty and didn't walk them. He said it was sleet and he didn't want to be in it. Hope it warms up soon. If the DMV wants to know your weight, they should just have a scale at the counter. I don't own a scale, so the only time I get weighed is at the doctors office.

Irish, sorry about your sisters kitty. I know as I get older, I won't be getting any more kittens, but would adopt a senior cat. We still have a senior cat now. She'll be 19 next month. She is very demanding.
I spend a lot of time with her knowing she won't be around forever.

Well I best get busy, I have many things to take care of today. Jack and Wrigley took me out for a walk already. I went up to dad's and did a few things for him. Hopefully he'll be good for a while.

We will do a late lunch today when Bill gets home from golf. I'm thinking Cheesecake factory.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:58 am

Hello everyone a cloudy snowy looking day Much snow close but not here only bitter cold and very windy
My License experience was a breeze I went first because I had an appointment I was whisked to the proper place and was out in a snap of camera and vision test
Good for 5 yrs I don’t expect to be driving then even if I’m living
So glad that’s done I now have to get address changed on title registration
It’s very close
I’m not going to Church due to extreme cold
Maryz Enjoy your slower days until you babysit again
Carol Have fun at your classes Hope you and Lori get to meet
Lori I would not want to walk a dog in sleet It’s miserable
Irish Sorry about your DSs Kitty I said last time no more It’s too hard losing them
Do hope your Health improves
I choose soup for tonight loaded potato
Denise is bringing soup tomorrow and making cornbread Yum yum
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Hi everyone!
I was here this morning and then got busy and forgot to come back, but here I am.
Mary, we're supposed to be 68° Thursday LOL crazy weather! I hope you warm up soon too. I hope you can get over there and get some Hugs and Cuddles in with Amara.
Becca, so glad you're DMV appointment went fast. It just dawned on me that Dad needs to renew his.... here once you hit 75 you have to go every year and get a new license. He just had his 85th birthday and is doing pretty good. He was just approved for another year for his cancer meds too, that was a huge relief to both of us..... it costs $24,000 a month to pay for it but he qualified for the grant again.
Lori, I hope your brother gets well soon, that's got to be hard on your dad with his routine being messed up. I hope he's ok too. Enjoy your R2C class!
Carol, sounds like you're going to have so much fun, have fun for me too! I'll go check on a pattern, thanks.
Irish, I'm so sorry for your Sis losing her kitty, it's so heartbreaking. We've made the decision to not get anymore furrkids, I know it's going to be hard not too, I've never been without. But vets and groomers have gone up so much that it's a luxury to be able to afford to have any here. The vet we had that was very economical moved away a few months ago and the other 2 here are so expensive. I just pray for good health for the rest of their time 🙏❤️
We're having leftover chicken enchiladas and a salad for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”