Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:53 am

Good morning,

Kind of chilly this morning at 18*. Brrrr!! But I know everyone else is cold, too, so I guess we're not too special. But gosh! It's cold! As we drove yesterday from just east of Houston (4 hrs) it kept getting colder and colder. 22* by the time we arrived here at 10:30 a.m. We are all set up and ready for cold weather. We've got diesel for the truck, gas for the generators, water for the pets, and vino for us. We're good! We also got the laundry done - 4 loads. Then Antonio called so we could facetime with Amara! It was so good to see her again, even on the phone. And she knew us on that little screen! Not sure when we'll get to see her. Giving Other Gramma her space. But Antonio said our picture is still up on the wall by the playpen! Today I want to do a little cleaning - vac, sweep, bathroom - and then start cutting out my Cats in PJ's. Have to say, it's kind of nice to have nothing to do but sew or read. :D :D

CAROL - we got set up, checked the laundry room to find it vacant, went back to sort clothes, and by the time we got back to the laundry room, all the washers were taken. Ditto the second laundry room, so we had to wait an hour but we got 'er dun! I know it's smart to change passwords periodically, but I think the average person doesn't. We recently had to change ours. I know you will have fun at RTC! What classes will you be taking? Are you doing white glove duty this year? Check in here if you can and tell us what you're doing - and eating, of course.

BECCA - Tallulah is already 9 yrs old?? Wasn't she like, just a baby?? And she has her own sewing machine. That's wonderful! Maybe she needs a visit from Gramma to show her a few tricks! I'm excited for her. When my little sister and I were 9 and 10 Mom took us to the Singer store for sewing classes. We made dresses with set in sleeves, full skirts, waists. I loved it! It's great that so many folks at your place have such longevity, and are still so productive! It reflects well on the staff there.

TINA - yesterday's drive almost made up for the day before. We hit the road at 6:30 and simply flew through Houston on nearly empty freeways. It took us 4 hours to the minute to go 219 miles to here. Love traveling on Sundays! I can't imagine all the blowing dirt you are getting. I bet your vacuum is getting quite a work out. Have you been doing any sewing? Do you keep your machine covered when the dirt is blowing?

Tonite we have half of a chicken/rice casserole left. So we'll reheat that and have salad on the side. We have a lot of things in the freezer for grilling, but I think outdoor cooking is off the table this week! 🥶

What are you planning?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Jan 15th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:33 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, glad you're drive yesterday was so much better. Do you all face time on your computers where she can see you bigger? Zoom gives you 30 minutes for free.
I have been doing a little sewing and yes I keep my machines covered. I want to make a nice fitting cover for my LA instead of using the sheet like I've been, I'm hoping to do that this year. I just need to take a deep breath and go for it.
It's Dad's night tonight and I just decided to make green chile chicken enchiladas for supper. I usually do a casserole but may just do individual ones tonight, depends if it's cool then as to if I want to turn the oven on.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:10 am

Mary, glad you are set up and ready for the cold. I bet you wish you had that Florida weather now. I bet it was great to see Amara. She's going to be so happy when she gets to see you in person again.

Tina, I bet you need a break after all those Christmas quilts. That was a lot of work in a short period of time.

My dad is doing okay. He is very confused on why my brother is in the hospital. He doesn't remember calling them or what they say. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and he said he was stable in ICU on a ventilator. He's had COPD for a long time. I go up and check on him a couple times a day.

I will be going to Road 2 CA on Wednesday/Thursday. It's about 27 miles from my house, with a drive time of about 35 minutes. I won't be staying out there. Looking forward to the Indigo dying class.

Today I have things to do around the house, then a little sewing. I need to finish up my lotto blocks and pack them up to send off.

Dinner will be chicken on the grill, with potatoes, and a veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:14 pm

Hello everyone cold & cloudy Snow very close here
I have to go get License renewed in the morning so I hope no snow here It’s at 8:15
Maryz Tallulah got a machine for Christmas She just sold 2?pillows she made she’s committed to whatever she undertakes
I’m glad you had a good day yesterday I think Sunday is a great travel day less people on the road
Denise and Mark are coming on Wednesday for the day
Tina Poor you with all that dirt What s mess it must be Hope Dads doing well
Lori You're a busy beaver Hope your Dad & DB will be ok Great you get to go see with others
I got to meet the lady here that’s 102 that makes the mats for homeless out of plastic bags She knits & crochets She gets around good & mind I’d sharp
I choose pancakes tonight
Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:28 pm

Good very late afternoon from cold SW. Pa...But, I'm not complaining, it could be worse, we could be having the high winds and tons of snow.....I've been having problems getting on the site the last couple of days, not sure why but today, here we are.....Last week was really an up and down week....Not sure if I had written but my sister lost her cat, Daisy last Tuesday...Daisy had been with her for 17 years and my sister is devastated...If I had 1 wish right now, it would be to be able to take all her hurt away...We always know this is going to happen but boy when it does, it's terrible...She and I both have said, being "older", when our fur kids left, we didn't think it would be fair to bring in another, not knowing how long we would be around (and we both know, no one would spoil them like we've done...) But, I'll be anxious to see what JoAnn does....
On the up side, my new med is working and has brought the heart beat down, too much!(Heart beat is in the low 50s) Now, they have me cutting 1 of the BP meds in half and in doing that, now my BP is back up. (170/84)....But, I am feeling much better, have been able to be off the oxygen longer and able to do a few things.....Jim used to say, I was a mystery and boy am I proving it...But, one of these days, we'll get things, all meds going the right direction.....

Mary, so glad you're back, close to Amara and soon be able to give her all those stored up hugs and kisses....The other day, you had mentioned making an Hawaiian quilt...Well, I have fabric that I brought back from the last trip and I know I won't be using all of it...I had made place matts and tissue covers but still have lots left....If you're interested, I can send you pictures or samples, just let me know...I might end up making myself a tote bag.......
Enjoy your time with the "A" family........

Becca, hope you were able to get out and get that license renewed and the snow stayed far away...We have been very, very lucky but it has been very weird here...I was talking to Kevin the other night and he said, his truck and deck were covered, I looked out and it was raining here and we are maybe a mile away...And at the same time, it was snowing at my sister's who is a mile in the other direction...But, that's OK, I sure don't want it....I've always tried to travel on Sundays or even holidays..Planes and airports had less people and roads were easier to get to and from.... I'm always amazed at people who reach 100+ and are still able to function...And for your friend to be able to do what she's doing, that's fantastic...Jim's Mom lived 1 month of being 100 and also was just as sharp...She had never had a shot until in her 80s, she fell off a chair, washing windows and broke her arm and actually agreed to go to the hospital....

Well my timer is going off.....My dinner will be cube steak with mushroom sauce and a baked potato...Not sure what got into me but felt like cooking...Just hope it tastes as good as it smells, lol.....

You all have a great rest of the day.......Stay warm, stay safe!

Happy eating.................

Return to “Chit Chat”