Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. SUNDAY, Jan 14

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. SUNDAY, Jan 14

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:28 am

Good morning. Today we have about half day on the road and will be back in Austin in our very own site, B – 23. We’ve come to think of it as home. Or maybe. Little Home. Yesterday was 250 miles of some of the roughest driving we have done since we left Home Home. The roads through Louisiana are miserable. We expected to walk into our trailer and find dishes shattered on the floor, chairs, upended, drawers open. Many spots of heavy construction with bumper to bumper back ups, creeping along at literally 2 miles an hour, and then only if we were moving. Tons of big trucks. And motorhome next to us rear ended a tanker truck. We were totally exhausted by the time we got to our RV park. But it was such a beautiful park after such an awful day and we were able to sit outside in the sunshine. We decided we earned an early happy hour, and had margaritas and visited with the dog and cat who enjoyed lounging in the sunshine too. This morning we will be hitting the road as soon as it’s light. Hoping traffic through Houston will be light on an early Sunday morning. I figure we will be set up back in Austin by noon. We have almost 3 weeks of laundry to do and I’d really like to get it done because the freezing weather starts tomorrow. Bill wants to take Scotty to the dog wash. Not sure what all we will get done.

Lori, sorry things are not going smoothly at dad’s house. Does he function OK without your brother there? Do you know when your brother will be home? Are you still able to go to Road?

Becca, that is really amazing that you have a 100 year old doing water aerobics. That is a birthday party I’d love to attend.

Tonight we’re going to grill Yankee dip sandwiches. And probably have salad. We also have french fries for the air fryer but don’t know if we will really need them.

Do you have a plan yet for your supper?

Quilter7

Re: Supper Club. SUNDAY, Jan 14

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:41 am

Good Morning,
Yesterday I attended the Zoom meeting of Southern California Council of Quilt Guilds. The presentation was about personal Cyber Security. It was very informative! I had asked my DH a couple of weeks ago about a VPN and he said we didn't need it. The expert said yes we do and explained it and said we should change the password on the router and the password on the network and showed how to do it. Her talk will be posted as well as the slides on the SCCQG website in the next few days. It is an "org" site.

I also started three pillowcases for various quilts that I have completed. I like to make a pillowcase to keep the quilts in when not in use and the ones I give as a gift. I will finish them up today. I also need to work on a couple of pairs of jeans and start packing for my trip to Road this week.

Maryz - Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday, hope for smooth sailing today and finding the laundry room available! Three weeks is going to be a lot of laundry.

Becca - I agree 101 and doing water aerobics is amazing.

I think I will make pizza for dinner tonight or pasta. We have lots of soup in the freezer, but I think we have salad that we haven't been eating.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:11 pm

Hello everyone Sunny here but very cold & windy I went to Church Walked my laps inHalls With a friend
I’m watching basketball game
Maryz We have quite a few here over 100 that are active It amazes me
I found out today Tallulah got a sewing machine for Christmas and is seeing I’m so proud of her She’s a very determined individual 9 yrs
That ride must have be a very tiring trip
Glad you made it safely
Carol Glad your info was so helpful
There are several here who have many talents I’m learning about them
One is 102 and makes mats for homeless out of plastic bags Amazes me
I had broccoli cheese soup and salad for lunch Served early every other Sunday
Tomorrow I chose pancakes
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:31 pm

Hi all!
Mary, glad you arrived safely. That must've been an exhausting day through traffic like that.... reminds me of the trip with Dad.
Becca, sounds like an interesting place where you live, and you keep busy.
Lori, I looked up your quilt, I'm looking forward to seeing yours in your colors.
Carol, I like making matching pillowcases too. Enjoy your trip to RTC, I bet you're going to have a blast.
We cleaned house again today, we've been having blowing dirt almost everyday. After I was done I sat down for a minute, next thing I knew I was waking up LOL, mopping takes a lot out of me. Tomorrow I need to do laundry.
We had hamburger helper and salad for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”