Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:10 am

Good morning,

We're in Baton Rouge right now and I lied to you yesterday. We won't be in Austin tonite and I don't know why I thought we would be, but instead we'll land in Baytown, a bit east of Houston. 250 miles. Sunday's drive will be 170 miles back to our RV park in Austin so we should arrive in time to take poor put-upon Scottie to the Dog Wash and also get our laundry done. And we'll need to dump our waste tanks and fill up with fresh water so we can disconnect our hoses for several days of freezing temps. Sunday will be a busy busy day.

BECCA - It seems all the best babies were teething at Christmas! :D 😬 I prefer country roads, too, but not all of them are suitable for pulling a fifth-wheel. Plus it's hard to make time, though it's a better way to see the countryside. I'm not a fan of sharing the highway with big trucks but it's what we have to do sometimes.

LORI - yes, I-5 is a rough road. And no offense, but it's much rougher in CA than in OR or WA, but it's still no picnic in the other states. And '99' was worse last time we were on that. And Chriss says it just beats her car up. Your sew-day with friends sounds nice. Where do you sew? One of your homes or do you gather at a shop? church? I checked out your quilt. I love color combos like that.

CAROL - have fun at Road! Like I really needed to tell you that! ha!

I have some leftover cooked chicken and rice pilaf. I think I'll add some onion, celery, mushrooms, and cream soup and call it a casserole. Bill loves this kind of meal so hope it turns out. A salad on the side.

What will you be creating for your supper tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 13th

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:30 am

Hello everyone sunny here & in40s Tomorrow is when bitter cold gets in
I went this morning and played cornhole We had Enough for 2 teams Then went to Birthday drop in for my water aerobics partner She turned 100 today
Watched UNC beat NY bad
Talked to Cousin and Marty
Maryz Safe travel day I know those interstates are very necessary to make time. Enjoy the A Team when you get there
I choose quiche & applesauce
Becca

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Jan 13th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:06 pm

Mary, any interstate or hwy in CA is always a worse than the others. When I take the I-15 to Utah, as soon as I hit the Utah border, the drive is easier and people are more considerate about moving over. Hope you made it back to your spot. I bet you can't wait to see the little miss. Poor Scottie. He has such a rough life. lol

Becca, how wonderful that you have a friend doing water aerobics at 100.

My brother has been in the hospital since Wednesday. He's had COPD for years. He's been living with my dad, and my dad has dementia. So when the everyday things change it makes my dad really confused. It's been a rough few days for us all.

I've been working on my redwork project and I need to trace the rest of the pictures. It's the Christmas one I started on December 1st. I'm hoping to get it done and put away for next Christmas. I think I've gathered all the supplies I'll need for my Indigo dying class at road. There's 3 of us taking the same class, so we are sharing items.

Dinner will be Chili.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”