Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 12th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:59 am

Good morning,

We are back in Central Time Zone. Going west it's always harder to adjust to time changes than going east. Even for the fur folk. But it shakes things up, scuffs a little sand into our daily rut. Which I think is a good thing.

Yesterday was a nice drive across the FL Panhandle. But we saw a lot of storm clean-up crews, trees broken off, debris along the highway. Glad I wasn't there when the storms were going through. Today will be a wet and windy drive. Ugh. Tonite we'll be in Baton Rouge, LA and tomorrow night, back in Austin.

TINA - I'm so glad the massages are helping. Will you be able to keep them up now that your three test massages are done? Maybe you can barter something - quilting? baked goods? Frankie's mechanic skills?
Did your high winds happen yesterday? When I was in school, we had to cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge - 150 feet high and 1.25 miles long - to get to our school in Tacoma. School didn't close for bad weather often, but the bridge did so I got an occasional day off! And yes, we have a big year planned. Four 4-day camping trips, plus Alaska which will be 6-8 weeks. Not to mention Bill will be having cataract surgery which, by the time both eyes are done, will ground us for about 4 weeks. By end of summer, we'll be thinking about Texas again - depending on kids.

BECCA - the interstate we are traveling - I-10 - is nice. It's divided, good roadway, light traffic. And it mostly bypasses all the big cities, which makes me happy! There are the trucks, of course, but not too bad. This highway is so much bettet than I-5 on the west coast! That one can be a beast in places with rough pavement and goes right through the downtown heart of all the big cities from Canada to Mexico. Any updates on Frankie? What's the tooth count? We were at two, but working on two more last we heard. To celebrate Aut's birthday on Wed, they went to the zoo in San Antonio where Amara got her first carousel ride.

I found a big Ziplock of frozen chicken veggie orzo soup in the freezer so we had that last night. There is some left for tonite but I'll put a sandwich or salad with it. I like ready made meals after riding in the truck for 6 hours.

What sounds good to you tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 12th

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:29 am

Hello everyone a cloudy day with rain this afternoon A cold day
I did aerobics then FaceTime with Keith
Then some business Made lunch One day I’m making cornbread I’m hungry for it
If it’s made here it isn’t baked done
Maryz my favorite Interstae here is I-40 I-26 is a nightmare as well as I-85
I prefer country roads
On Frankie I have no updates Denise will be here next week I think She was teething real bad at Christmas
I choose Baked banned food and salad and applesauce
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Tina, I'm making a pattern called"Happy Stripes. ". I cut it last year. I'm doing a color wave from red to pink to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple. I just need to make the blue and purple blocks. Got all the others done

Mary, I bet you'll be glad to stay put for a while. And of course see the A team. And yes, the I-5 is a terrible drive, but it's the quickest way North.

I had a sew day with friends yesterday. It was nice. Today I took my dad for a shave, hair cut, and to have his toenails cut. Then grocery shopping for our house. I might sew a bit later.

Dinner will be tortellini soup and bread.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:56 pm

Good Evening,

I made Vegetable Soup tonight for supper.

Maryz - You will be in Austin before you know it! Happy Days! You will also have time to sew too! It is definitely good to be you. The interstate sounds very good. Glad the trip is going smoothly.

Lori - What day/night are you staying at Road? I remember you are taking a class and staying overnight. I will be staying Tuesday through Friday with classes on Wednesday and Thursday during the day. Glad you had a sewing day with friends.

Becca - Enjoy the cornbread! How can they serve undercooked cornbread? That is disgraceful!

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Carol, I'm taking a class Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm not staying over night.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”