Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Wed, Jan 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Wed, Jan 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:50 am

Good morning,

Today is Autumn’s 47th birthday. Also my dad’s 111th. And Shamrock’s 38th (one of my past shelties). We used to have some crazy parties! 🎂🎉🥳🎊🎈

Yesterday we ran errands. I hit one more fabric shop, Bill got shoes, and the boys each got another big bag of kibble. Then we went to the American Police Hall of Fame and Law Enforcement Memorial. A very poignant place for me.

Other big news - our host has Covid so we are leaving this morning instead of Friday. Except for outdoor supper the day we arrived (last Fri) we haven't been w/ him but my sister has a little bit. And she’s been with us. I’m not too worried but since we want to go back for another week w/ Ms Boots we are playing it safe.

Tina, looks like we had the table to ourselves yesterday. Room to spread out! Your weather is something to behold, 100+ degrees in summer and freezing cold and blizzards in winter. At least you get “seasons“. In looking at the calendar and planning our trip home, we will be stopping in Deming on or about February 5. Could you please try to warm things up by then.

We will be back in Starke, FL at KOA Campground tonight. If weather is good, we will grill chicken outside. If not, I guess we will stay inside and open a can of soup and maybe have a grilled cheese sandwich with it.

What ideas of you come up with?

Quilter7

Re: Supper Club. Wed, Jan 10

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:23 am

Good Morning!

It is clear and chilly here at 51 degrees but warming to mid 60s. I am sure some would be glad for these temperatures. Sunday the wind was blowing all day, but no wind now. We should be getting rain this weekend.

Yesterday was Disneyland. I only stayed until 1:15 pm and had a really good time. As I was contemplating when to leave, I remembered that next week is Road to California, so it was easy to come home. The traffic was light so I was glad to have left early. (I arrived there early too.)

Today I have a hair appointment and would also like to get a manicure. I pulled out a Hawaiian applique piece I had started hand quilting and am machine quilting it. I want to get things done. I will be finishing the TW binding this afternoon and sew on the hanging sleeves before washing it.

Maryz - Glad you are heading back to Austin. Happy Birthday to Autumn. I know you wanted to spend time with your sister, and it sounds like you spent quality time with her. Bill and Al must have had a good time too. I have a few errands today to run too then sewing this afternoon.

Dinner will be Barley Vegetable Soup (unless I change my mind).

Take care everyone! Hope sewing is on everyone's agenda. Safe travels for Maryz and Bill.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, sounds like you all have been busy and having fun! Gosh I sure hope your sis doesn't get covid from the host! And you either from her! Will you be testing all the way back to Austin? I'll try to get it warmed up for you by the 5th, we're supposed to have cold wind and rain tomorrow, we need the rain but I could sure do without the wind.
Carol, you're sure moving through your projects at a good pace. I'm hoping to do that this year too. My favorite place, Disneyland! Frankie has a second cousin that was married there and they live in Albuquerque but go a couple times a year and I always tell her that I live through her pics LOL I'd love to go again. Sounds like you had a win win yesterday with little traffic.
I have a massage in about 30 minutes so I gotta scoot.
Supper tonight will be leftover green chile stew.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:36 pm

Mary, happy birthday to Autumn. Her first with Amara. Hope you made it safely to your destination. Jonathan lived in Navarre for about 6 years. He was at Hurlburt field. Sounds like you made good use of the short time you spent with your sister. I love days that are full of fun adventures.

Tina, lucky you getting a massage. I think I need to schedule one. I think I slept wrong.

Carol, a Hawaiian quilt. Some day I'd like to try my hand at one. There's a shop in Mission Viejo called Quilt Passions. They have some wonderful Hawaiian prints. The main store is in Hawaii. Have you been there yet?

I was busy most of the day at my dad's. I need to cut up some strips tonight to take to a sew day tomorrow.

Dinner was scrambled eggs and toast.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”