Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tues, Jan 9

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Tues, Jan 9

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:27 am

Good morning,

We have had wind and showers intermittently through the night. And we hear there should be storms today through Florida. Not sure what we will get here. We were told weather here is usually fairly mild. My sister wanted to go to the beach with a picnic today but I don’t think that’s going to happen. Maybe tomorrow. Yesterday our menfolk went north in our truck and we went South in their truck. My sister does not normally drive the big truck and she is only 4 foot 11. But between her driving and me navigating with my phone GPS, we wrestled our way around to several thrift shops, a few other stores, And managed to get back in time to start supper. However, the guys had to kill two hours while Bill’s radio was getting worked on so they went out to a big lunch and didn’t want supper. So we shelved the supper idea and Tina and I had sandwiches. it was too cold to sit out so they came inside our trailer and we watched another movie, Naked Gun, 33 1/2, with Leslie Nielsen. Always funny. We dont see much of our hosts. He says he is sick and stays inside the house and she stays in to take care of him so we all just do what we want.

Becca that is just like you, always helping someone else. You are such a special lady.

Irish, glad you got all your Christmas toted up. Hope your Kevin comes by soon to put things away. You make me think when I get home I really need to get rid of about half of our Christmas stuff. Where do nick and Trish live in Florida? In the panhandle is pretty. Lots of pine trees. I sure wish we could send some good health your way!

Lori, two new restaurants in one day! It is good to be you!

Since we did not have our Philly cheesesteak sandwiches last night, we will have them tonight. At least that’s my plan.

What will you be having?

gershwin64

Re: Tues, Jan 9

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:25 pm

Hi all 😊
Mary, sounds like you've been enjoying your time with your sis and dbil. Well with the host staying in I guess there's no chance Scotty will eat the little doggie 🤣😂🤣😂 I know I'm bad.
We really hit cold Saturday night, we had like a blizzard, freezing cold hard wind and snow! It wasn't coming down it was blowing so hard it snowed sideways and visibility was just a couple feet. Brrrrrr and it's still cold here, we've been 16° and the wind chill is worse.... I've been staying inside a much as possible and so have the furrkids, they run out quick and right back inside. Sammy kitty hasn't gone outside for 3 days, she's totally not interested LOL
I made green chile stew and cornbread for supper tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:44 pm

Hello everyone It wasa stormy day yesterday here Hard rains flooding Schools were closed and lots of road closures
Today it’s been beautiful but cold Lots had snow instead
Most things today were on2 Hr delay
We. Expect rain on Friday Sure that will make it worse
Maryz Im happy when I can help someone She’s doing better today
Glad you’re having fun with DS and DBIL
Iwent today to Thrift shop Found a cute clutch bag for .50
Also finally bought shoes I have been looking for some time Tgey are flats but can be dressier too if need be
Tina Wow your weather sounds fierce I don’t blame Kitty for staying in
I choose a banned cake and baked apples
Becca

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:45 pm

Hello everyone It wasa stormy day yesterday here Hard rains flooding Schools were closed and lots of road closures
Today it’s been beautiful but cold Lots had snow instead
Most things today were on2 Hr delay
We. Expect rain on Friday Sure that will make it worse
Maryz Im happy when I can help someone She’s doing better today
Glad you’re having fun with DS and DBIL
Iwent today to Thrift shop Found a cute clutch bag for .50
Also finally bought shoes I have been looking for some time Tgey are flats but can be dressier too if need be
Tina Wow your weather sounds fierce I don’t blame Kitty for staying in
I choose a banned cake and baked apples
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”