Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sunday, jan 7

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sunday, jan 7

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:37 am

Good morning

Yesterday was a very rainy morning. My sister and I were out in it getting soaked. We went to two thrift shops, the Winn-Dixie, grocery store, but the best of all was a big quilt shop with wonderful fabrics. I did a little damage to the checkbook there. Bill was out with my brother-in-law doing things, and as I was having my fabric cut, a charge came over my phone for Napa auto parts. They were in the same shopping complex that we were in! Funny, coincidence

When we got back home, the guys were working on our truck installing an auxiliary diesel tank. And here comes a couple of great blue herons just strolling by through the yard. About 4 feet tall and semi tame. They came within about 10 feet of us. Foxy‘s eyes were big. He is a good birder and made a lunge to try to catch one of them. He was sadly disappointed.

Today we should do some housecleaning. And I might set up my sewing machine so I can make lotto blocks.

Lori, those are excellent reasons for moving. California fuel prices is part of the reason the guys are installing an extra diesel tank in our truck right now. We try to buy as little fuel in California as possible. Though WA is just as high now.

Becca, I admire your dedication to your exercise. I’m getting lazy, being on the road so long.

My sister really wants to go to a restaurant tonite called Squidlips. So I guess that’s what we’ll be doing for supper.

Whats your plan?

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Sunday, jan 7

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:37 am

Hello everyone beautiful day here after the rain
I went to the service center here today Was afraid to try Church because of cough Although I am much better today After a good nites rest
It’s so weird you only cough No other symptoms I’m hoping it’s going away fast
Maryz Our gas prices here vary depending on where you buy it Usually around 2.88 or up to 3.10
Of course I buy RN very little Everything is close I’m getting Alex to drive my car in Wednesday because of battery
Glad you & DS had such a great day & great finds
I did some laps before Church but plan to do more & visit Gym
I just love a sunny day
I choose grilled chicken fruit and salad
Becca

Irishgram

Re: Supper Club. Sunday, jan 7

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:30 pm

Good afternoon from a very wet, chilly, nasty day in SW. Pa....Yesterday it snowed, not the inches they said we'd have but we did get a couple, then it rained and it's still raining....The ducks in the pond across the street are happy...Had a text from Kathy in Reno and it was 11 and snowing...And since they don't use any salt or anything to clear the roads, she had fun getting to work today...But, she's from Pa and she knows how to handle snow and ice....Today is the day the tree is coming down...I've decided, instead of boxes for storing, I'm using the empty large tote containers that had been full of yarn.(yarn is almost gone)...Will make it easier for storing and finding for next year.....It's taken me all day so far, just to take the ornaments off and then put the tree in it's box...The new med has really messed with my body and I now seem to need the oxygen all the time instead of just at night...Take my advice, Ladies, DON'T GET OLD! It's sure not for wimps, lol......But as I tell everyone, I'm a very nosy person and I hate to miss anything so I'm going to beat this, not checking out for awhile...The doctor told my sister the other day, I'll be playing bingo until I'm 100, lol......She told him, get her well, we have traveling to do......

Mary, right now, I am envying you so much....Even running around in the rain if fun if you're in Florida and then to score at a quilt shop! The other day when I told you to go south and check out the eaglet, it would be hard to see the baby but you'd be able to see the nest and where they are....We've had traveled down there for over 50 years so it's no wonder I love it... I do like that you and Bill are going to get in some more "baby" time....Of course had you come this way, I could have shared a couple little ones with you.....

Becca, I admire your "get up and go".....What a shame that cough is still getting in the way...You would think with all these "miracle drugs", there would be something fairly easy to take to get rid of it....I have a friend who has just been in the hospital and she and her family are considering a move into a facility such as yours...Both she and her husband would benefit by living in an assisted living home but finding the right one is a problem....Your place sounds ideal.....

Last night I had a call from a niece asking if I still had any of those dish towels that I had crocheted on the tops....A friend needed a bunch so she came over and went through my stash and took 10....Next she said, she needed tissue covers and tote bags....Don't they know, I have quilts to make?????But, it is a good feeling when someone wants your stuff, lol....

Well, those ornaments that are now sitting on the sofa are not going to jump into those totes are they???? And heaven forbid Baby wakes up from her nap and they're still on the sofa.....

I don't really have to think about super, it will be a cup of tea and crackers... My nurses panic a little when they check my weight...I'm also hooked up to the hospital that checks, weight, BP, oxygen and reminds you to take your meds and I'm constantly getting a call from that nurse wondering why my numbers are goofy.....Just keeping them on their toes, right????

You all have a great rest of the day.....Stay warm, stay safe.....

Return to “Chit Chat”