Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Sat, jan 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Sat, jan 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:22 am

Good morning,

We made it to here! Yay! Good to see Al & Tina again. We will be here until next Friday and then start back to Austin. We missed Little Miss so much we begged for another week of babysitting. Antonio was happy about that!

Lori, welcome home! Glad you had a nice visit. Sorry your friend moved so far away. Why did she move? What route did you take? Through Needles? On your way to a sewing get together? 😹🪡🧵

Tina, I’m glad you could round up some help to deal with all that dirt. What a mess! And five hours on the phone with your health insurance? I know those kind of calls get lengthy, but honest, complaints to customer service seem in order here.

Becca, the stocking is done. Yay! Did you get the name on it? It’s good to finish off a project that you really didn’t enjoy doing. Glad you found that label. I used to have labels like that but used them all up and never got any more.

I think tonight we will grill burgers and do french fries in our air fryer outside. We will share with my sister. And if their friends wish to join us, the more the merrier. There is a gazebo they call the tiki hut for happy hours, and a table that can Fit six. They told us we can set up our stove/grill there.

Whats the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Sat, jan 6

Post by Becca » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:43 am

Hello everyone It’s a rainy day here with ice in areas Another inside day
I just did my hall laps here I choose my gym times so no one else is there I like it that way
I got lots done yesterday Come back from Dinner and got on closets At least it’s more organized I always did purging after Christmas and did drawers closets and cleaning
Maryz Glad you are there safe Wow The sun just popped out Maybe that will warm us up I pray your DBs family is keeping strong
I choose quiche and applesauce
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 am

Mary, so glad you made it. I bet it's nice to be with your sister again. My friend moved, because they have a business hauling cars and the regulations in California are too strict and ridiculous.
Plus our gas prices are crazy high. I filled up here before I left for AZ it was $4.69 a gallon. In AZ the same gas is $3.29 a gallon.

Becca, I'm glad to be home where it's not as cold outside. It was 27* when I left AZ, and got home to 64*.
Glad you got the stocking finished.

I need to vacuum and dust today. Then I'm going to trace a few more of my 25 days of Christmas embroidery. I also want to make the lotto block for this month. Jack already took me for my walk. I need to shower and head out to the farmers market before everything esle.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, potatoes, and a veggie I get at the market.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:06 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm late today!
Mary, so glad you are there safe, enjoy your time with your sis and dbil. Yay, another week of babysitting coming up!!
The lady who was on the phone with me felt so bad and she kept having to message others because she couldn't believe they changed my insurance coverage. It won't cover vaccines now at pharmacies and it plainly says it does in my policy. So they are still investigating and trying to find out what happened because I'm not the only one with this policy. The vaccines cost the insurance company about $100 through the pharmacies but through a Dr's office it's at least a $300 office visit they pay plus whatever the marked up vaccine is plus my $35 copay. It's ridiculous. I'm contacting the NM Insurance Regulations Monday.
Becca, I'm so glad you have the stocking done. I can't count those little squares, I go all blurry eyed.
Lori, our gas here is $2.99 but in Cruces which is only 60 miles away It's $2.49 a gallon.
Glad you had a nice visit.
We're turning crazy cold tonight, under 20° and tomorrow night it'll be under 16° 🥶 🧊
I did a short walk today, I'm trying to get back in the habit.
We just had leftovers for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”